How to convert the database in a mysql database ???

I need help,

i want to put asp.net portal to a mysql data base
0
beetsy
3/8/2004 2:28:48 PM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Good luck!

Since the Data MAnipulation Layer is written in Stored Procedures, you will have to rewrite all of it. It probably would not be very time effective in my opinion.
0
poortl9109
4/29/2004 5:00:55 AM
Well, maybe it won't be that bad.  Looks like someone is already doing it.  Check out their forum for more upates.

http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=482434
0
poortl9109

convertion of SQL Server database to mysql database
Hello!! I am interested on the convertion of SQL Server database and all its objects to mysql to get the portal working using mysql as a back end. If anyone coul help me, please reply and send me the DDL.   thanks for all...

How to attach a MySql database to a MySql database server.
Hi all, I have developed a web application in VS 2005, and it uses MySql 4.1 as database. Now, I have created the database and tables, and there is data in it. How can I copy this same database along with its tables and contents, to another server? Which all files should I copy? Is there any procedure to 'attach' a database? I use MySql  Manager to create databases and tables. Thanks Tomy Hi The best way to make a dump of your existsing MySql database is to use mysqldump utility which comes with any mysql server package. Here is a sample usage: "C:\Program File...

Some tool which converts ASA/ASE database to MySQL Database vice versa.
Hi All, Some tool which converts ASA/ASE database to MySQL Database vice versa. [1] We have one project requirement; we are looking for some tool which converts ASA11 database to MySQL Database. Is any tool is available, some free tools is first preference. [2] If I have to develop tool then, anyone have idea, how I can do this ?? please guide me in details. Thanks, Jenny Please don't cross-post. I responded in the powerbuilder.database forum. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/ <Jenny> wrote in message news:4b5d3c37.b37.1681692777@sybase...

Some tool which converts ASA/ASE database to MySQL Database vice versa.
Hi All, Some tool which converts ASA/ASE database to MySQL Database vice versa. [1] We have one project requirement; we are looking for some tool which converts ASA11 database to MySQL Database. Is any tool is available, some free tools is first preference. [2] If I have to develop tool then, anyone have idea, how I can do this ?? please guide me in details. Thanks, Jenny PowerDesigner can reverse-engineer both ASA and ASE (as well as 60 other DBMS products/versions), and forward-engineer that schema in to mySQL. Now, why you'd actually *want* to do that is beyon...

Database issue while installing Portal Starter Kit.
I have MSDE running on my local work-station under the machine name (and not under 'localhost'). I am trying to install the ASP.NET Portal Starter Kit (to be host under IIS on my machine). When it reaches the step for database, I choose 'local' and then it comes with the dialog box of 'Test Connection' with 'localhost' written in the drop-down. This 'Test Connection' fails and as the drop down is non-editable, I even cannot enter my machine name onto it. It exits the complete setup there on. I next tried 'remote' database as installation option, but because I do not have Query Analyz...

Some tool which converts Sybase ASA/ASE database to MySQL Database vice versa.
NewsGroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.database Date: Jan 24,2010 10:46 pm Created by: Jenny Topic: Some tool which converts ASA/ASE database to MySQL Database vice versa. Hi All, Some tool which converts Sybase ASA/ASE database to MySQL Database vice versa. [1] We have one project requirement; we are looking for some tool which converts ASA11 database to MySQL Database. Is any tool is available, some free tools is first preference. [2] If I have to develop tool then, anyone have idea, how I can do this ?? please guide me in details. Thanks, Jenny ...

Create a MySQL database from another MySQL database or Backup
I'm starting on a new ASP.NET project using MySQL as backend. While I'm familiar with SQL2k, I'm totally new in MySQL. Here's my questions: 1) Given a Web Server for installing the MySQL database, what do I need to start off? MyODBC and/or some other mySQL connector or console? I read tutorial mention Telnet or Shell access. What's that? I know how to create a FTP database in SQL2k. How's that done in MySQL? 2) Also given a backup of a MySQL database as data source and a remote MySQL database the backup was made from, what are the technical steps to create my first MySQL dat...

the extended personal starter kit altered database. passing the new info to the live database
  I have my personal starter kit up and running on goDaddy. Now that I have expanded my local version and altered the local SQL express, How do I make the changes on the SQL database on goDaddy. I have made tables on the SQL database, however I can't figure out how to add data such as picture ID's and URL's. Shouldn't I be able to copy and paste into the query analyzer like I did originally when I set up the database connection?  If you use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express, you can generate scripts to run on the godaddy dat...

Add tables to mySQL database for personal starter kit
Hi, I am trying to get the personal starter kit working, so far no luck. This is what I have done: btw I am using "Personal Site Starter Kit for MySQL v4.x-v5.x.zip" this is the starter kit for mySQL. 1. The unzip, setup and upload etc went ok. I added some tables like role, user and userinroles to the table, and setup security and users But then I got the error that the album and photos tables are missing. However I cannot find the SQL string to add this table to the database. I tried to do this manually by looking at the code but know I got the error &...

To change database from Acess into MySQL database
I want to change my database from Access to MYSQL . I can connect Ms Access database using the following syntax. Please let me know how I can connect mysql database same as that of access connectivity as given below [database] DBMS=ODBC DBParm = ConnectString='Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\testdata\employee.mdb;Uid=;Pwd=' AutoCommit=FALSE with thanks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp This article should help: http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/42600 You'll need to down...

Database error Installing Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to install the CSVS Portal Starter Kit. I manage to reach the database connection test, and the test is successful, but when I press the install button I get the following error:Windows NT user or group 'MyServer\ASPNET' not found. Check the name again. Changed database context to 'master'.   Then the installer executes a rollback.I'm using a Win 2000 server, IIS5.0, .NET framework 1.1  The server is also a domain controller.For some reason when I install the .NET framework 1.1 it does not add the user called "MyServer\ASPNET". Any help would be appreciate...

Converting the mySQL database.
I have a previous installation of bugzilla 2.16.1 on a linux box. I have just installed bugzilla 2.18 on a windows box. I need to import the mySQL database from the linux install to the windows install. Is there a conversion script available for me to use? Has anyone run into this before? On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Asa wrote: > I have a previous installation of bugzilla 2.16.1 on a linux box. I have > just installed bugzilla 2.18 on a windows box. I need to import the > mySQL database from the linux install to the windows install. Is there a > conversion script available ...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

Converting Access database to the Sql Server database
how can I convert or transfer my Access database to SQl Server database ? Thanks in advance.HighOnCodingWanna get high! Try "the Upsizing wizard". Look in Access help...

Web resources about - How to convert the database in a mysql database ??? - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...