How can I customize ASP.NET Portal Start Kit?

Scenario:
In the Left Panel of Home tab, there is a menu (This menu is a User control) that has 2 navigator links , in the Content Panel, there is a User Control named UserControl1.
Will do: When I click on the second link of the menu in the left panel, I want to display content of another User Control named UserControl2.
How can I do now?

Thanks a lot!

0
hoa_lan_trang1982
3/11/2008 10:31:58 AM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

Portal Starter Kit / .NET 2.0 Version / Web Client Software Factory Version
I have started to refactor the initial starter kit. The database schema is still the same for compatibility reasons. http://www.codeplex.com/ASPNETPortal Features Dynamic Portal Infrastructure 10 basic portal modules for common types of content 2 extra portal modules: RSS Feed and Wiki A "pluggable" framework that is simple to extend with custom portal modules Online administration of portal layout, content and security XML based definition of portal layout Database based definition of portal layout Roles-based security for viewing content, editing content, ...

IBuySpy Portal vs. Portal Starter Kit
I am new to portals and relatively new to ASP.NET and I would appreciate some clarification about IBS and the Portal Starter Kit. I have read existing postings and come away with the impression that the Portal Starter Kit is a more updated version of IBS, which is not being further developed. But then I notice a lot of developer activity on the forums for both IBS and Portal Starter Kit and Microsoft features both prominently and independently on the ASP.NET site. I have been leaning toward IBS because I have the Wrox book Building an ASP.NET Intranet to guide my initial work in add...

Customizing Portal Starter Kit
Hello, everybody Could anyone tell me if do I necessary need to have Visual Studio .Net to compile the *.vb component files to create the ASPPortal.dll or is there other way (program - vs 6?) to do it? Thank You, Hi, Yes,you need to have a Visual Studio.Net and Portal VBVS version to be able to compile or just see/change the sourse code of the software. Alex. Uh no, you dont need visual studio. Download the SDK version and use the framework sdk's commandline tools and your favorite editor.. Better yet get the free .NET editor right off the home page of ASP.NET excus...

IBuySpy Portal and Portal Starter Kit Security Issue
Yesterday we became aware of a security vulnerability in two of our sample applications: the IBuySpy Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. We have temporarily removed the IBuySpy Portal sample download and are actively working on an update. An updated Portal Starer Kit sample (version 1.0b) is now available which fixes the problem for that sample. This email provides the steps to immediately fix existing sites and mitigate the potential for a malicious attack. Who is vulnerable? -- Any version of the VB.NET IBuySpy Portal sample configured to use html forms authentication. -- A...

I Buy Spy Portal vs Portal Starter Kit
There seems to be lots of confusion between the IBS Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. Lots of people publish quastions relating to the IBS here, and lots of people answer to questions about the Portal Starter Kit as if it was the IBS. It might be a good idea if a few people that are well familiar with both versions post some info as to the differences. This will help many not only with their confusion but also chose which one to use, based on these differences. Thanks When I started this thread I was sure it will be flooded with opinions and comparisons between IBS Portal and Portal St...

How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?
Hi,   Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please   Thanks There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it us...

IBuySpy Portal and Portal Starter Kit Security Issue #2
Yesterday we became aware of a security vulnerability in two of our sample applications: the IBuySpy Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. We have temporarily removed the IBuySpy Portal sample download and are actively working on an update. An updated Portal Starer Kit sample (version 1.0b) is now available which fixes the problem for that sample. This email provides the steps to immediately fix existing sites and mitigate the potential for a malicious attack. Who is vulnerable? -- Any version of the VB.NET IBuySpy Portal sample configured to use html forms authentication. -- A...

Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit
I just made my first custom module for the Portal. As soon as i configure it on tha application and add it to a tab, i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticlesDB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I thought I did it right, but i guess I didn't get...

Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?
I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?  I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on...

where can I download the latest version Portal Starter Kit?
where to download it?Location: ShangHai, ChinaIM:zhao_zhang2004@hotmail.comBlog:http://zhangzhao1980.spaces.live.com/ http://www.asp.net/downloads/default11.aspx?tabid=62 but it is still the old one, using asp.net1.1.  Is there a new version using .net2.0? Location: ShangHai, ChinaIM:zhao_zhang2004@hotmail.comBlog:http://zhangzhao1980.spaces.live.com/ there is no version 2. Install version 1.1 and upgrade it with visual web developer or visual studio.   thanks, guyLocation: ShangHai, ChinaIM:zhao_zhang2004@hotmail.comBlog:http://zhangzhao1980.spaces.live.com/ ...

Who can introduce a WAP-based portal starter kit to learn?
Hi: Are there any ready coded portal support WAP? I would like to setup a personal WAP site, but I can not find proper open source software to learn. thanks!...

How to do this in Portal Starter Kit
Hi, I designed a website (let's call it WebSiteA) using the Portal Starter Kit, one of the tabs is only visible to users that are logged in. Within this tab, I had a quick link or a button, when the user click on it, another website (WebSiteB) will be launched. That is no problem. The problem is if the user did not log in WebSiteA, he/she should not be allowed to view WebSiteB if he/she tried to launch WebSiteB directly from the web browser. How to implement this? I want to use Cookies, but not sure if this is the right solution. Any help is appreciated! cookies could work or check th...

Web resources about - How can I customize ASP.NET Portal Start Kit? - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

IPhone App Gabi Lets Users Customize Their Facebook News Feeds
iPhone users who want a different way of catching up with their Facebook news feeds have a new option in the form of Gabi , a $0.99 application ...

Facebook allows advertisers to customize headlines for page, app and event ads
Facebook will now let advertisers customize the headlines of their ads within the sidebar. This will be available via the API, Power Editor and ...

Battery Tips! Free! ~ monitor battery power level & health status with customize wallpaper and battery ...
Get Battery Tips! Free! ~ monitor battery power level & health status with customize wallpaper and battery theme feature on the App Store. See ...

Bloglines: Customize Start Page - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Tamar Weinberg's photos on Flickr. Tamar Weinberg has uploaded 4087 photos to Flickr.

[iOS Advice] How To Customize Spotlight Search Results- YouTube
Need more iOS Advice? Click here: http://apadv.co/ios-advice Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: h ...

Millennials push fast food industry to customize their meals
Millennials, it seems, want their food quick and customized and they are finding it with a new breed of restaurant called 'Fast Casual'. Today, ...

GTools+ customizes Google+ to your liking
A new Chrome Extension called GTools+ allows you to customize Google+ to your liking. The extension features many customizations like moving ...

iOS 8 How-to: Customize and disable the contacts section in the multitasking interface
... thumbnail For more information about Apps , iOS 8 , and How-To continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "iOS 8 How-to: Customize ...

Customize Windows 10's Start menu with these third-party apps
Microsoft’s operating systems have always been easy to customize, and Windows 10 is no exception. We’ve already shown you how to make changes ...

How Emory Porsche Customizes Incredible Vintage Porsche 356s
Some view these new/old hybrids as heresy, but once you get behind the wheel of a souped-up piece of history, it's hard to argue with Rod Emory's ...