Customizing Portal Starter Kit

Hello, everybody

Could anyone tell me if do I necessary need to have Visual Studio .Net to compile the *.vb component files to create the ASPPortal.dll or is there other way (program - vs 6?) to do it?
Thank You,
0
rodbr
8/17/2003 2:55:34 PM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes,you need to have a Visual Studio.Net and Portal VBVS version to be able to compile or just see/change the sourse code of the software.
Alex.
0
alex3wworld
8/18/2003 1:08:35 PM
Uh no, you dont need visual studio.

Download the SDK version and use the framework sdk's commandline tools and your favorite editor..
Better yet get the free .NET editor right off the home page of ASP.NET
0
thetazzbot
8/22/2003 5:36:53 AM
excuse my ignorance, but do you mean ASP.NET Web Matrix? have the vbvs version, really truying to learn this from scratch
0
beaker73

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

IBuySpy Portal vs. Portal Starter Kit
I am new to portals and relatively new to ASP.NET and I would appreciate some clarification about IBS and the Portal Starter Kit. I have read existing postings and come away with the impression that the Portal Starter Kit is a more updated version of IBS, which is not being further developed. But then I notice a lot of developer activity on the forums for both IBS and Portal Starter Kit and Microsoft features both prominently and independently on the ASP.NET site. I have been leaning toward IBS because I have the Wrox book Building an ASP.NET Intranet to guide my initial work in add...

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

I Buy Spy Portal vs Portal Starter Kit
There seems to be lots of confusion between the IBS Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. Lots of people publish quastions relating to the IBS here, and lots of people answer to questions about the Portal Starter Kit as if it was the IBS. It might be a good idea if a few people that are well familiar with both versions post some info as to the differences. This will help many not only with their confusion but also chose which one to use, based on these differences. Thanks When I started this thread I was sure it will be flooded with opinions and comparisons between IBS Portal and Portal St...

IBuySpy Portal and Portal Starter Kit Security Issue
Yesterday we became aware of a security vulnerability in two of our sample applications: the IBuySpy Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. We have temporarily removed the IBuySpy Portal sample download and are actively working on an update. An updated Portal Starer Kit sample (version 1.0b) is now available which fixes the problem for that sample. This email provides the steps to immediately fix existing sites and mitigate the potential for a malicious attack. Who is vulnerable? -- Any version of the VB.NET IBuySpy Portal sample configured to use html forms authentication. -- A...

IBuySpy Portal and Portal Starter Kit Security Issue #2
Yesterday we became aware of a security vulnerability in two of our sample applications: the IBuySpy Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. We have temporarily removed the IBuySpy Portal sample download and are actively working on an update. An updated Portal Starer Kit sample (version 1.0b) is now available which fixes the problem for that sample. This email provides the steps to immediately fix existing sites and mitigate the potential for a malicious attack. Who is vulnerable? -- Any version of the VB.NET IBuySpy Portal sample configured to use html forms authentication. -- A...

Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit
I just made my first custom module for the Portal. As soon as i configure it on tha application and add it to a tab, i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticlesDB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I thought I did it right, but i guess I didn't get...

How to do this in Portal Starter Kit
Hi, I designed a website (let's call it WebSiteA) using the Portal Starter Kit, one of the tabs is only visible to users that are logged in. Within this tab, I had a quick link or a button, when the user click on it, another website (WebSiteB) will be launched. That is no problem. The problem is if the user did not log in WebSiteA, he/she should not be allowed to view WebSiteB if he/she tried to launch WebSiteB directly from the web browser. How to implement this? I want to use Cookies, but not sure if this is the right solution. Any help is appreciated! cookies could work or check th...

Portal starter Kit
I'm getting ready to use the Portal starter Kit to for a large school web site. Has anybody had any problems with the starter kits and if so what where they I think they are all great solutions! I personally love the DotNetNuke portal and feel it is the most superior solution out there for several reasons: 1) there is a team of 30 programmers constantly developing future versions 2) there is a great community forum here (dotnetnuke forum) for help/support/questions 3) there are over 500 add-on modules available for almost any need - some are free and some are for money 4) ope...

Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to download the portal starter kit, but I keep getting an error message from download.microsoft.com. Does anyone have the installer that I can download? Thanks Did you ever get it to download??No Animals were harmed in the making of the Application Hammer12...

Using VS.NET to create NEW module for Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to build my 1st NEW module for the portal starter kit, but I'm not sure what VS.NET is doing...it seems to be creating the wrong 'inherits from' This is the beginning of my new module codebehind file Public Class Charts Inherits System.Web.UI.Page ................................................................................. This is the beginning of an existing module codebehind (that works) Namespace ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal Public MustInherit Class Announcements Inherits ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.PortalModuleControl .....................

TimeTracker Starter Kit as a subweb under the Personal Starter Kit
I am wanting to make the TimeTracker started kit as a subweb under the Personal Started Kit.  Is there any special way to do this or anything I should be worried about?  I am new to this and trying to develop a web application based off of these kits. ThanksChuck...

Portal Starter Kit / .NET 2.0 Version / Web Client Software Factory Version
I have started to refactor the initial starter kit. The database schema is still the same for compatibility reasons. http://www.codeplex.com/ASPNETPortal Features Dynamic Portal Infrastructure 10 basic portal modules for common types of content 2 extra portal modules: RSS Feed and Wiki A "pluggable" framework that is simple to extend with custom portal modules Online administration of portal layout, content and security XML based definition of portal layout Database based definition of portal layout Roles-based security for viewing content, editing content, ...

Web resources about - Customizing Portal Starter Kit - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Slick - Fancy Lock Screen by Customizing your Wallpapers on the App Store on iTunes
Get Slick - Fancy Lock Screen by Customizing your Wallpapers on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Diving into Android M: (re)revamped app drawer and customizing what shows in status bar
Earlier today Android M Developer Preview 2 arrived adding a number of bug fixes, performance tweaks, and the promise of more complete APIs for ...

Action Launcher update makes customizing even easier
... update to Action Launcher for Android makes a great home screen app even better. Action Launcher is getting an update today, making customizing ...

Wired: Moto Maker Will Support Customizing The Moto 360 Starting In March
Motorola apparently intends to expand Moto Maker out to more than just smartphones. According to Wired, the company will start offering the ability ...

Ideas for Hacking, Tweaking & Customizing the IKEA Kura Bed - Apartment Therapy
Whether in the low or lofted position, the IKEA Kura bed is ripe for hacking, tweaking and customizing. Check out these ideas for getting a whole ...

Customizing the iPod Interface On Your iPhone and iPod touch
The tabs across the bottom of the iPod app on iPhone and iPod touch provide one-touch access to the contents of your iTunes media library on ...

Programming with Objective-C: Customizing Existing Classes
Describes elements of best practice when writing code with Objective-C using ARC.

Customers report long delays when customizing Apple's Mac Pro
Build-to-order models of the Mac Pro have seen significant delays in recent weeks, as the future of Apple's professional desktop line remains ...

Official: Honda customizing Vezel to headline Tokyo Auto Salon lineup
Filed under: Aftermarket , Japan , Honda , Tokyo Auto Salon With the Tokyo Motor Show now behind it, the Japanese automotive industry is gearing ...

Tech Solves Another Minor Problem with Lock-Screen Customizing ‘Cover’
Fumbleless future.(Screencap) Get ready to be wowed by the power of modern technology to solve very minor pain points: TechCrunch reports that ...