"An error occurred saving the project file"PortalVBVS.vbproj". Access is denied."

"An error occurred saving the project file"PortalVBVS.vbproj". Access is denied."

I have been getting this error msg all the time, anytime I update one of the files. Has anybody seen this error besides me. It been so frusrating I built a complete new system from scratch, and I'm still recieve this msg. I believe that it may be related to one of MS service packs, but It has made my portal useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. OS 2000pro with VS2002 agh
Peter Nagy
0
pjnagy
8/13/2003 5:57:55 AM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Obvious question: do you have write permissions on the Folder? Are any files Read Only?
0
dickies
8/13/2003 10:55:09 AM
I think I found the problem.  The new version of the portal dated 6/18/03 is not compatable with VS2002.  Obviously it must have been compiled using VS2003 and thus is not backwards compatable.  Reason I say this is I reloaded an older pre 6/18 version of the portal and everything works fine. Thus, the new IBS portal posted 6/18 is good only for  VS2003 (to be able to modify).  While pre 6/18 IBS portal will work for both.
Peter Nagy
0
pjnagy