WebParts - Strange - I have drag and drop working in firefox and safari but can't get it to work in ie - please help.

Hi Guys,

I've run into an issue with webparts:

 Using asp.net 3.5 on iis 6 with the AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5SP1, Browsing using ie8 in compatiblitiy mode on Windows 7 beta (but also tested in vista)

I have managed to get it so that drag and drop works in firefox and Safari, using Microsoft.Web.Preview.UI.Controls.WebParts

however when I view the page in ie the drag drop functionality is somewhat lost - I can still drag the items to another webpartzone, but once you mouse down to drag, the webpart does not follow the mouse - it stays put until you release over another zone, also the zone does not highlight you just have to assume it's going to.

this may not seem like a huge problem but it affects the way the user interacts with the site and we want it as clean as possible.

also - I have just (while writing this) discovered that it works perfectly if you hold down the alt key while dragging - when working locally everything is normal

any clues?

0
OfficeToys
4/11/2009 3:45:48 AM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

OfficeToys:

[...]

Have you test this onder IE 7.0 or IE 6.0?  If it works, we can refer this article to solve this issure,

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/06/10/introducing-ie-emulateie7.aspx

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong
4/16/2009 6:27:24 AM

thanks for your reply - I have tested this on IE 7 without any luck - I have not been able to test this on ie 6. the page currently renders in ie7 emulate mode. I almost wonder if this is to with iis for some reason as when I test on my machine locally I do not encounter the issue and I am running iis 7 on my machine where as the hosting server is currently iis 6

0
OfficeToys

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

Can't get the Web Controls to work.. The Build.Bat file doesn't work? HELP>> ARGGG>.
Hi.. I was wanting to use the IE Web Controls, the Tab Strip, etc, and play with it.. Since I have IIS 5, I thought I'd copy them there using the Read me.txt instructions and then copy to a dev server that I use at a web host.. Well, everything worked except the Build file doesn't build the Microsoft.UI.Webcontrols.DLL file? When I try to run it by double clicking on it, it runs really fast in  the DOS window, but I can't see what it says and it closes.. So I tried to do so manually and I received an error that the "cse.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command or batch...

Firefox won't load; can't get it to work!
Name: Robbie Email: torocityatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't load; can't get it to work! Comments: I'm running Windows 7, and I can't get Firefox 3.6 to work. I get the following message when I try to run it: We're sorry. Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts. To help us diagnose and fix the problem, you can send us a crash report. I've tried to reinstall, to run in Safe Mode, and to do the dozens of things suggested on the Internet, but I can't run Firefo...

Help! Can't get drop down list in datagrid to work.
Hello. I'm almost at my wits end. I have my connection working that will be used to connect to an SQL Server db and then populate a dropdownlist control that I have in a datagrid. But I keep getting an error telling me that I'm referencing PoplulateList without parentheses. What does this mean and how do I fix this? Compiler Error Message: CS0654: Method 'ASP.AddEditUsers_aspx.PopulateList()' referenced without parenthesesSource Error: Line 339: </FooterTemplate> Line 340: <EditItemTemplate> Line 341: <asp:DropDownList id="textAreaEdit" runat...

Following java script doesn't work in IE but works fine in firefox any help appreciated
See below code here i am calling the open function . it gives me the value of the text in firefox but in IE it says "undefined"  function open(obj) { var txt = obj.text; alert(txt); } <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Page ID"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:LinkButton ID="lnkPageID" runat ="server" OnClientClick="open(this);return false;&quo...

Can not get Pickup Directory... .net can't access metabase maybe??? Need to get working ASAP
I am using 2.0 to try to send an email to the IisPickup directorySystem.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(test@testing.com, "test@test.com", "Testing " + DateTime.Now.ToString(), "Testing the Mail Drop Folder");System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient client = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("127.0.0.1");client.DeliveryMethod = System.Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis; client.Send(message);Example Site : www.andrewworral.com (hit the button)This code worked on our old deployment server but not on our new server.  I s...

[:'(] [help]webpart can't work in IIS
webpart  work  when i debug in vwd ,but i put it in IIS,this error hppen; Server Error in '/' Application. The specified display mode is currently disabled on this page. Make sure personalization is enabled for the current user. Parameter name: value Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The specified display mode is currently disabled on this page. Make sure personalization is...

Desperate!!!! -- can't get DNN4 with sqlexpress2005 to work on winxp --- can't connect to DB!!!!!
HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!I followed the install guide for DNN4 (install version)...but it doesn't work with SQL 2005 express on Win XP...i have tried everything!! below is the error message and the connection strings...HELP!!!   Error Installing DotNetNukeCurrent Assembly Version: 04.00.00ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProviderSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Unable to open the physical file "C:\dotnetnuke\App_Data\dotnetnuke.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\dotne...

Debian Woody, two problems: can't get kppp to work and can't su in X
Hello, I have Debian Woody installed on this Dell i8100 laptop via Libranet 2.0. I have two hurdles left that I can't seem to overcome. 1. I can't get kppp to work. I always get the following error message: Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: The remote system is required to authenticate itself Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so. Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.) Exit Status From 'man pppd': 1 An immediately f...

I can't seem to get a skin to work in 3.0.13 that worked fine in 2.1.2. I know I'm doing *something* wrong, but after two weeks of trying, I'm stumped...
Yiikes.  Back again.  I am having the strangest things happen with my skins now.  Images specified in a css file no longer show up.  When I enter a specific path into my ascx file (assuming the skin folder as the root directory), and upload the skin, to me, it appears to not be parsing at all.  When I 'Apply' the skin, any of my skins, I get nothing.  If I add the above image file to the ascx file, upload, parse and apply, I get an 'x' bad image, and when I click properties, the location of the image file is stating it is in the dotnetnuke/ rooot folder....

Installation 'Sybase DataWindow PS' printer on W98 doesn't work (so PDF export can't work either)
I have a problem with export DataWindow content to PDF on W98 systems. (I don't have any problem with PDF export on other systems like as WINNT, W2K, WXP). I found out that the problem is in the Sybase DataWindow PS printer. It looks like installed but it DOESN'T WORK on W98. When I try print something on this printer then no PostScript file is created. So I tried manual installation of it but it occurs an error during manual installation (I used description of instalation from Bruce Armstrong). The error said that printer driver (PSCRIPT.DLL) can't be loaded. I use...

TreeView in IE works doesn't work in FireFox
I have a treeview that works great in IE, but it doesnt work in FireFox. It gives an extra space and a link to a __doPostBack function. Here is the source code from each:from FireFox: <tr class="FreeText">  <td id="_tdManagersTree" align="left" colspan="4">     <div class="SubHeadingBackground" id="_tvManagers" class="SubHeadingBackground">      <table CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" BORDER="0">           <TR>        ...

I can't get the drop down to work
I have a data entry form with textboxes and drop dowm box.Here's a sample of the code:under the page_load, i populate all the textboxes and drop downs.Amdata11 is the dtaset and optclientdatabases is my table. currentpos = CType(ViewState("CurrentPos"), Integer) ViewState("CurrentPos") = (currentpos) TxtClientName.Text = IIf(IsDBNull(Amdata11.Tables("optclientDatabases").Rows(currentpos).Item("ClientName")), " ", Amdata11.Tables("optclientDatabases").Rows(currentpos).Item("Clientname")) TxtFilePrefix.Text = IIf(IsDBNull(Amdata11.Tables("OptclientDatabases").Rows(currentpos).Item("Filepre...

Web resources about - WebParts - Strange - I have drag and drop working in firefox and safari but can't get it to work in ie - please help. - asp.net.personalization