WebPart Personalization Error(The specified display mode is currently disabled on this page. Make sure personalization is enabled for the current user)

Hi All,

I am facing the problem, when I am selecting"Edit" from dropdown, In that case webpart manager is generating the error:

The specified display mode is currently disabled on this page. Make sure personalization is enabled for the current user.
Parameter name: value

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The specified display mode is currently disabled on this page. Make sure personalization is enabled for the current user.
Parameter name: value

Source Error:

Line 118:    this.WebPartManager1.DisplayMode = WebPartManager.EditDisplayMode;

 "

Can anyone help for enable the personalization in the page...

Thanks in Advance

Namith

0
Namith
2/11/2009 12:49:01 PM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you installed SQLExpress in your machine? Also be sure to set Authentication mode in your web config like:

<authentication mode="windows" />

<authorization>

 <allow users="*" />

<deny users="?" />

</authorization>

You may also look here for a simple demo on WebParts in ASPNET.

Regards,Vinz

vinz
2/11/2009 7:56:40 PM

Hi...

I had tried by putting the <authorization> tag...

It is working in my m/c...... but when I am deploying the page in MSCRM application it is giving me the same error....

 " The specified display mode is currently disabled on this page. Make sure personalization is enabled for the current user.
Parameter name: value

 this.WebPartManager1.DisplayMode = WebPartManager.EditDisplayMode;

"

Can you please let me the what will be the problem or solution ?

Thanks

Namith

0
Namith
2/12/2009 8:14:39 AM

Have you share the scope for all users?  Check this code,

    <webParts>
      <personalization defaultProvider="SqlPersonalizationProvider">
        <providers>
          <add name="SqlPersonalizationProvider" type="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.SqlPersonalizationProvider" connectionStringName="AspNetDBConnectionString" applicationName="MSWebParts"/>
        </providers>
        <authorization>
          <allow users="*" verbs="enterSharedScope"/>
          <allow users="*" verbs="modifyState"/>
        </authorization>
      </personalization>

    </webParts>
To know more, please check this link,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.webparts.webpartmanager.personalization.aspx

Hong-Gang Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support
Hong
2/16/2009 4:14:30 AM

 do this tooo

Just perform 2 steps to use custom authentication.

1. Modify web.config for using Forms authentication mode as "Forms"
<authentication mode="Forms" >

2. Once you identify a user as valid (may be by checking from database or any other means), execute following line of code.
FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie("<string:username>", <bool:persistenceCookie>);
e.g.
FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie("John_Smith", false);

The above code automatically updates Webparts for specified username.

a greate url is here

http://forums.asp.net/p/1031364/1415959.aspx

Thanks Najka

0
sujithukvl

Web resources about - WebPart Personalization Error(The specified display mode is currently disabled on this page. Make sure personalization is enabled for the current user) - asp.net.personalization

Personalized Gifts from Personalization Mall
Personalization Mall offers personalized gifts for all events and occasions. Find personalized gift ideas for Christmas, weddings, birthdays, ...

Personalization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Personalization involves using technology to accommodate the differences between individuals. Once confined mainly to the Web , it is increasingly ...

Rotten Tomatoes Adopts Facebook's Instant Personalization
Film review website Rotten Tomatoes has integrated Facebook’s Instant Personalization so that you can get movie recommendations from your friends. ...

A Look At Facebook’s Three Instant Personalization Partners: Yelp, Pandora, Docs.com
... Like button and the Open Graph API, the company would also be working more closely with a select group of outside partners on “instant personalization” ...

Twitter Engineering: Discover: Improved personalizati
Tuesday, May 1, 2012 Discover: Improved personalization algorithms and real-time indexing We are beginning to roll out a new version of the Discover ...

The Personalization Platform team at Amazon uses Mahout and we're hiring people interested in writing ...
... to say? Join LinkedIn for free to participate in the conversation. When you join, you can comment and post your own discussions. Jeff The Personalization ...

New Pandora iOS app rolling out with emphasis on personalization
Pandora is rolling out an updated version of its iPhone app with a strong emphasis on personalization. Personalized genre and artist suggestions ...

Stitch Fix: Reinventing Retail Through Personalization
... advantage. Dell’s product offering advantage, building to custom order, simultaneously created a business model advantage. Stitch Fix’s personalization ...

J.C. Penney, Kohl's Go for Personalization
... media buys for digital campaigns they hope will prove more efficient. The approach mimics that of Macy's, which has focused on personalization ...

GQ Releases Personalization Feature on Its iPad App - Adweek
Many magazines, which initially packed their tablet editions with interactive features, have had to curb them in the face of a growing (and costly) ...