Web part Personalization and Web part custom designing

Hi all

         1. I m using a GridView control in my Web Part. In that GridView i control the columns to be displayed by generating queries in run time. In my page i have six GridView controls in six web parts. Each user can customize their GridView columns. My actual requirement is i want to get the each individual user customized details when they logged in again.How can I done this plz give me a suggestion by code.

   2. I want to display my web part have a rounded corner title. how can I done this. I already studied this can be done in CSS but I didnt have that CSS format if any body have then plz give it to me.

   3. I want to control the page visiting by asking login authroization. when the user directly hard code the link in a address bar, then check the user is authenticated or not. If no then redirect to login page. This is my requirement how can I done this. kindly give me the solution.

Eagarly waiting for replies,

Guna

0
tgunasekaran
5/2/2006 7:22:54 AM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Custom Personalization/Web Parts Design
Hi,I have been researching/reading the whole WebParts architecture in order for me to implement my project in shortest possible time and It makes me think this is not what I'm looking for, although I would like to figure out a way of using it and I really appreciate, guys any of you suggestions.Scenario:Web site A: Anonymous users browse 1 page with 3 Content Holders(Columns)/WebPartZones .NET 2.0 with Atlas and UserControls, including a master page specifying 2 parameters in query string which identifies what content should be displayed based on either GroupID settin...

Custom Personalization
Hello all, We want to provide the user a tree control containing all web parts available in the web site (available from multitple pages with different web parts on each of them) so he would be able to add them to a new web parts page. For that to happen, we are trying to use custom personalization, so we would be able to identify each single web part and save it to our database, allowing us to later provide the web parts inventory for the user. Currently we are trying to subclass the PersonalizationState so we can save the personalization data in a non binary for...

Importing n Adding custom web parts onto a web part page
I created a custom webpart using the ASP.NET Web Control Library Template in a  C# project. Then i created a .dwp file for the web part and even edited the web.config file in the c:\inetpub\wwwroot  folder to set the safe property of the webpart to true. I then imported the .dwp file into sharepoint . Now when try to drop the web part onto a web part zone it says             "A web part or web form control on this web part page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered as safe on this site" What sh...

Custom user controls in Web Parts and personalization
 I came earlier as a total "n00b" to Web Parts and got a lot of help--thanks! I'm currently trying to implement a custom user control as a Web Part.  Problem is, it doesn't seem like the ASP.NET personalization is persisting the necessary attributes in that user control when you add more of those Web Parts to the page.  I'm currently looking all over the Internet to find a solution to my problem and am at my wits' end.  Has anyone run into this issue before, and if so, what method did you use to resolve it?  Thanks in advance!...

Atlas and Web Parts / Web Part Framework
How is Microsoft differentiating Atlas from Web Parts and the Web Part Framework? Which is the right one to use when? Web Parts provide a rich infrastructure in ASP.NET to build composite, personalized application UI from individual components. Atlas provides a richer environment in the browser client for application UI to run more interactively. These are complementary technologies. In the future, web parts and Atlas will work together in a couple of important ways. First, the web parts infrastructure will take advantage of Atlas to provide even richer client-side intera...

Enumerating all the web parts on a page
I have a web part that needs to examine every other web part on a given page for info. I've tried two approaches, but neither seems to be the answer I'm looking for. First, I tried getting a reference to Parent (which returns the WebPartManager) and enumerating through it's Controls (or WebParts) collection. This almost works - it gives me every web part in the same WebPartZone as my web part. But it doesn't give me all the web parts in the other zones. Example:            WebPartManager wpm = (WebPartManager)this.Pa...

Custom web part personalization provider: Synchronize Shared and user scope
Hi Experts,  I have created a custom webpart personalization provider called MyPartPersonalization provider. In this customize provider, I have implement all the code that according to my own table structures. However, I have no idea how to implement the synchronization between the shared scope and user scope. In my case, once the webpart administrator adds a new webpart to dashboard, all other user should see the new added webpart. The webpart administrator has entersharedscope set to true in my current application. Anyone ...

Web part in MOSS not showing in the "Add Web Parts" web page dialog in the nested sites
hey guys,  I created a web part and it seems to work fine ( I followed  the Sahil's article: http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/webforms/article.php/c12293__1/)I added the web part using the page:_layouts/NewDwp.aspx located in the profiles site, which is http://ServerName/sites/MySite/then I asked a coworker to try the web part, he went to his profile, click in Site Actions, Edit page, Add a Web Part and he wasn't able to see it in the list, so he needed to go to Site Settings -> Web Parts -> New -> check the web part and click on Populate Gallery. S...

Creating custom web parts to other web sites
I have a fully functional page with web parts, provider, ect.  Currently all my web parts are custom controls I built and added to the project.  Ive noticed on sites such as MyMSN.com and others, that they have been able to create web parts that hit other sites, such as Hotmail, ESPN, or Weather Channel.  I believe they are taking advantage of the RSS feeds, and Ive found plenty of documentation on how to do this with Sharepoint Server, but is there a way I can do the same in ASP 2.0, not using Sharepoint?  Even if I cant somehow import them into my project, how do I go a...

Web Custom Control in Sharepoint Web Part?
     I have made this web custom control. this control have LinkButton which have an event. the custom control works fine in .aspx page. But, when i use it in a web part, the event never rise even if i clicked on the LinkButton. Please, if you worked before in .net and sharepoint development and faced a similar problem, i'll really appreciate your help. Thanks...

Web parts: upcoming deadline for Snippets, update on Web Parts
Hi, quick update on Web parts, since the release date for Northern Spring Campaign is approaching fast. iOS won't be released on June 2nd, we'll try to reuse as many strings as possible (if not all of them) from the existing work that it will happen. *Snippets - 25 May* A few locales (ja, pl, ru) still have a pending request for snippets. Some of them are about iOS, so they won't be used in this campaign, but it's important to have them on file for the future. *Campaign - 2 Jun* The campaign is spread across several files with small updates. The removal of...

Web Part Personalization (a requirement)?
Hello, For web parts, do you have to have a personalization provider?  I got an error even though I cleared out the web.config entry for the personalization provider?  If so, why is that, even though it could be restored to the default setting?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). The PersonalizationProvider is the back-end piece that persists all of the user's settings. You need to have one configured since you need to store that stuff...

Web part performance concern as # of available web parts increase
Perhaps I'm missing a certain element to the Web part framework. I'm slowly scaling up the number of Web parts that I have on a particular page that I have. It's not completely impossible for me to think of this page eventually having tens of Web parts available for looking at little cross sections of data in the system to provide a dashboard. Of course, a user may only have 10 or so visible. I only have four parts on my page right now within WebPartZones. What I notice is that even if my personalization settings have various WebParts configured as not to show, it runs through the data ...

Web Parts Personalization Question
This article, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/z36h8be9.aspx, has an explanation about user controls, and the differences between user and shared scope. It says you can make a control a shared control (visible to all users) or a per-user control (visible to one user). How do you control that? What property specifies that? I understand how you specify the personalization scope... BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Basically, a we...

Web resources about - Web part Personalization and Web part custom designing - asp.net.personalization

Personalized Gifts from Personalization Mall
Personalization Mall offers personalized gifts for all events and occasions. Find personalized gift ideas for Christmas, weddings, birthdays, ...

Personalization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Personalization involves using technology to accommodate the differences between individuals. Once confined mainly to the Web , it is increasingly ...

Rotten Tomatoes Adopts Facebook's Instant Personalization
Film review website Rotten Tomatoes has integrated Facebook’s Instant Personalization so that you can get movie recommendations from your friends. ...

A Look At Facebook’s Three Instant Personalization Partners: Yelp, Pandora, Docs.com
... Like button and the Open Graph API, the company would also be working more closely with a select group of outside partners on “instant personalization” ...

Twitter Engineering: Discover: Improved personalizati
Tuesday, May 1, 2012 Discover: Improved personalization algorithms and real-time indexing We are beginning to roll out a new version of the Discover ...

The Personalization Platform team at Amazon uses Mahout and we're hiring people interested in writing ...
... to say? Join LinkedIn for free to participate in the conversation. When you join, you can comment and post your own discussions. Jeff The Personalization ...

New Pandora iOS app rolling out with emphasis on personalization
Pandora is rolling out an updated version of its iPhone app with a strong emphasis on personalization. Personalized genre and artist suggestions ...

Stitch Fix: Reinventing Retail Through Personalization
... advantage. Dell’s product offering advantage, building to custom order, simultaneously created a business model advantage. Stitch Fix’s personalization ...

J.C. Penney, Kohl's Go for Personalization
... media buys for digital campaigns they hope will prove more efficient. The approach mimics that of Macy's, which has focused on personalization ...

Personalization is a Big Challenge for Digital Marketers
... individual or small group. According to an infographic from mobile marketing platform Kahuna , marketers still struggle with effective personalization ...