Upgrading Sharepoint server with many net v1.1 web parts to net v3.5. Any advice, caveats?

Folks,

I have been asked to upgrade the framwwork version of a server from v1.1 to v3.5. The server has a sharepoint 2003 instance with many v1.1 web parts.

Can anyone give me some advice about what to watch out for etc in terms of the existing web parts on the server, and the affect of the framework upgrade on them. I cannot find too much material online.

Regards

0
kali
4/16/2008 2:56:57 PM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Issue with clients consuming a web service that was upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5
I am currently working with an application that was converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008 and we are having issues with a client consuming the web service portion of the application.  The web services were written in .NET 1.1 using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and was upgraded to use the .NET 3.5 framework.  One of our clients application, which is still written in .NET 1.1 was reference the upgraded web service and tried to consume the web service and received the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Se...

autocomplete not working in IE7 after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5
IE7 autocomplete not working after web app was migrated from .NET 1.0/1.1 to .NET 3.5. OS: Windows XP. Autocomplete worked fine on IE6 and IE7 before migration.  Is there anything thats needs to be configured on the server for IE7 autocomplete to work with the new migrated 3.5 application?  Appreciate the feedback         How are you impleneting Autocomplete? Can you show us problem causing code..My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." there is no autocomplete implementation. This is purely using...

Bits of a .NET 1 web app crash on a server running both .NET 1 and 2
We have a a win2003 server with running mostly .NET 2 web applications but one .NET 1 project. We quickly realised after initial upload of the .NET 1 application that the two versions of .NET would have to run in separate application pools. So I set one up called DOTNET1, assigned my app to it and everything seemed to run swimmingly.  Then yesterday a client rang up to say that a single page of the site wasn't working, although the rest seemed fine when I checked. Then today they rang up again and said a different page wasn't working. Both times it showed me an page sugges...

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

Upgrading from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi,We write ASP.NET applications for a large UK organisation for which we have two servers - a dev server and a live intranet server.  I would like to convince management to upgrade the .NET framework from 1.1 to 2.0 (and incidently VS2003 to VS2005).If we install the new version of the dotnet framework, will there be any issues with our existing 1.1 applications?  If so, what will the issues likely to be?Your help is greatly appreciated.Ryan Penfold, Truro, UK. Two versions can coexist, so you shouldn't have any issues. So far we have not had any real issues with asp.net 1.1 a...

Sharepoint 2003 - .net 1.1
Hello !As a consultant, I was asked to develop a simple web application using .net 2.0 and a SQL Server 2005 database. I tried to deploy that application at the client's site : Windows Server 2003, Sharepoint 2003, IIS 6 (with .Net 1.1 and 2.0).The thing is that the application is to be deployed under the default web site used by sharepoint with .net 1.1, without being managed by sharepoint.Actually, when accessing the app from a remote computer, the browser shows a 'Page cannot be displayed'. How can get my application to work side by side with sharepoint and the 2 framework ver...

Upgrading web server from .Net 1.1 to 2.x
Hi I have been asked to prepare a web server to host a .Net 2 app - it currently only has Net 1.1 on it and IIS 5 (its a windows 2000 server) I know I need to install the .Net 2  framework on the server - and I'm also going to update MDAC 2.7 to 2.8 - but what else will I need to do to get it to run my .Net 2 app? Also - the IIS Manager is version 5 - will I be able to administer my .net 2 app through this? or do I have to upgrade it? Many thanks.   IIS Manager depends on the version of IIS, which depends on the operating systm version.  For help with IIS see www.ii...

.Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 XSLT Issue
Hi,I've recently upgraded my 1.1 app to 3.5.The following xslt works fine running against the 1.1 compiled code, but does not work when running against the 3.5 version: <xsl:if test="position() &gt; $recordsPerPage * number($pageNumber) and position() &lt;= number($recordsPerPage * number($pageNumber)+ $recordsPerPage)"> There no exceptions being thrown, but the results are not the same particular around resultsets with 1 or 2 items.Has anyone else had problems with xslt upgrading? Well I haven't worked in XSLT in a bit, but I'm pretty sure that sp...

Install Turbo Delphi on .NET 3.5
Hi, I'd like to install Turbo Delphi on my laptop running .NET 3.5, I get a message saying that Delphi requires SP1 of .NET v1.1 to be installed. I'm not sure what to do, maybe I need to roll back my .NET installaion to v1.1 in order to install Turbo Delphi, and then upgrade .NET back to 3.5 afterwards? michael collier wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to install Turbo Delphi on my laptop running .NET 3.5, I get > a message saying that Delphi requires SP1 of .NET v1.1 to be > installed. > > I'm not sure what to do, maybe I need to roll back my .N...

Web resources about - Upgrading Sharepoint server with many net v1.1 web parts to net v3.5. Any advice, caveats? - asp.net.personalization

Home - SharePoint Buzz
Turn on more accessible mode Turn off more accessible mode Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content To navigate through the Ribbon, use standard ...

Sharepoint Outlook Email Solution - EmailFiler
Tired of uploading emails to SharePoint one by one? EmailFiler is a SharePoint email solution that lets you drag emails to SharePoint from within ...

SharePoint Magazine
Your Premier Source for SharePoint Information

Microsoft SharePoint Workspace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2010 (14.0.4761.1000) / June 15, 2010 ; 3 years ago ( 2010-06-15 ) where different organizations do not share a common security infrastructure ...

SharePoint - Collaboration Software for the Enterprise
SharePoint collaboration software helps simplify business intelligence, content management, search, and sharing for intranet and internet sites. ...

App Store - SharePlus: SharePoint Mobile Client
Get SharePlus: SharePoint Mobile Client on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

What is SharePoint? - lynda.com overview - YouTube
This web development overview explores what SharePoint is and how it works. Watch more at http://www.lynda.com/SharePoint-2010-tutorials/ess ...

International Airlines Group deploys Office 365 - IAG, lync, Sharepoint, Yammer, chief information officer ...
The International Airlines Group (IAG) has deployed Microsoft Office 365 as its business communication solution to enable anytime, anywhere collaboration ...

Six Reasons to Empower Your SharePoint Citizen Developers - CIO
Information Technology strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology.

SharePoint-Yammer integration promising, but a long-term plan - applications, Microsoft, Yammer, software ...
CIOs and IT managers tracking the progress of the SharePoint-Yammer integration got more details about the road map this week, but the updates ...