SQL Server instance Error - But i'm not using sql server database!

Hi Guys,

I created a default website in VS2008 & dragged in a webpartmanager into the div section (i was going to have a play with creating web parts). I tried to preview the default page to seeif it runs but i get the following error:

Server Error in '/WebSite1' Application.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

SQLExpress database file auto-creation error:

The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance using a database location within the applications App_Data directory. The provider attempted to automatically create the application services database because the provider determined that the database does not exist. The following configuration requirements are necessary to successfully check for existence of the application services database and automatically create the application services database:

  1. If the applications App_Data directory does not already exist, the web server account must have read and write access to the applications directory. This is necessary because the web server account will automatically create the App_Data directory if it does not already exist.
  2. If the applications App_Data directory already exists, the web server account only requires read and write access to the applications App_Data directory. This is necessary because the web server account will attempt to verify that the Sql Server Express database already exists within the applications App_Data directory. Revoking read access on the App_Data directory from the web server account will prevent the provider from correctly determining if the Sql Server Express database already exists. This will cause an error when the provider attempts to create a duplicate of an already existing database. Write access is required because the web server accounts credentials are used when creating the new database.
  3. Sql Server Express must be installed on the machine.
  4. The process identity for the web server account must have a local user profile. See the readme document for details on how to create a local user profile for both machine and domain accounts.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4844759
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject) +4858065
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) +90
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) +376
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +221
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +189
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +4859187
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) +29
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +4861516
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +117
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +122
   System.Web.Management.SqlServices.GetSqlConnection(String server, String user, String password, Boolean trusted, String connectionString) +82

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to SQL Server database.]
   System.Web.Management.SqlServices.GetSqlConnection(String server, String user, String password, Boolean trusted, String connectionString) +137
   System.Web.Management.SqlServices.SetupApplicationServices(String server, String user, String password, Boolean trusted, String connectionString, String database, String dbFileName, SqlFeatures features, Boolean install) +94
   System.Web.Management.SqlServices.Install(String database, String dbFileName, String connectionString) +25
   System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.CreateMdfFile(String fullFileName, String dataDir, String connectionString) +395

I have searched online for a solution but everything points to a SQL server error BUT i'm not using any database at all. I literally created a new website, dragged on to it a webpartmanager from the toolbox & then tried to run it & got the error. I also tried to add in a couple of webzones with a control in them but i got the same error. I have added nothing else to the site or made any data connections of any sort.

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong? Do i need to configure any files or settings for using webparts?

Regards,

Shuja

Shuja Ahmad.

"4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions!"
0
dabooj
11/18/2008 11:23:46 AM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

you will need to configure a database to store user personalizatrion data..

See this post for more detail.. http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx

0
DM2
11/18/2008 1:37:52 PM

Ah, i see what you mean. Thanks for the response. However, i'm not going to follow down this line of work as i was trying to create webparts using ASP.net for MS Sharepoint and i'v ediscovered you can link a web link into sharepoint as a webpart using it's own web part creator so that suits me better.

But for future reference, thats a good note to remember so thanks again.

Shuja

Shuja Ahmad.

"4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions!"
0
dabooj

Based on my experience, you need to install the database for memebership. You can refer to these article as follows:

Please open the link:

Sqlserver:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/IntroToWeb_Parts.aspx

Wish helps you

0
EmberLove

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'WinFM SQL PFS'. Login fails.
HiASP pages were properly connecting to SQL DB until I restored from a backup DB.  As soon as I finished restoring from the backup DB, I am getting the following error message.   I did not make any changes on ASP side.  IIS Server and SQL 2K Server is running on a WIN2K Server Box.Please help.Thank you.HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP errorInternet Information ServicesTechnical Information (for support personnel)Error Type:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login...

Error: Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances.
Hi to all,I have a website developed in ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005 and Ajax 1.0. When i tried to debug it in vs 2005, it gives me this error "Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances." I dun know how to correct this error and where to set this user instance enabled. If anybody knows it solution, kindly let me know about it.....!Thanks in advance.  I'm assuming you've got SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?  I don't think you can have user instances with anything other t...

How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2005?
1) I can't get the 'copy database' function to work from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2005. I connect ok. Everything goes to the last step and then it fails.2) I cant get a SQL server 2008 backup to restore on SQL SEerver 2005 either. The only way I know that works is to script the creation of all tables then export and import. This does work. How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from 2008 to 2005? ThanksSQL newbie. Visual Studio 2008 supports a type of project called a database project. You might try importing the schema of t...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'. SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Hi,I have a asp web application, where i use sql server 2005 as backend. This application generates reports . Before i was using SQL Server 2000, now its migrated to 2005. When i generate report for small date range then it works fine. But when the date range is big then around half of the report is generated and the following error is thrown. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ...out.asp, line 405  Am sure the webcode is working fine and am connecting to the Da...

Problem with SQL Server connection string - provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26
Hi Guys, I am having a wierd problem. The system works perfectly when I am connected to the local network but throws the above error when I disconnect it from the network. Given below are my connectionstrings: integrated security=false;user id=U1;data source=localhost;persist security info=False;password=pwd1;initial catalog=MyDB //connection string to my database Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;User ID=U2;Password=pwd2 //connectionstring to aspnetdb for webparts I have also changed all the providers (SQLMembership, SQLProfile, SQLRole) to use LocalSQLServer and comme...

Error using OdbcDataReader.ExecuteReader and Parameters...ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable
This seems to be a common problem but I have not seen any answers yet on this board.   I am porting over to using odbc because I have no choice with my Hosting company,  I was using basically the same code with the SQLDataReader and SQLCommand object and it was fine.  The below code will generate the error.  Help !! Unexpected exception: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable '@Role'.. string sql = String.Empty ;sql = "Select * from Associate where Role=@Role and Exit_Date > @Exit_Date";string connString = getConn...

sql server 2005 do'nt attach sql server database file
I have sql server 2005 standard version. I want connect mu database file with microsoft sql server  database file.I receive ... provider: SQL Network Interface; error: 26 - error locating server/instance specified ... error.How to use local .mdf file with sql server 2005 (not express)  SQL Server (not express) doesn't support attaching on the fly of mdf files, so you need to do it manually. That is, open SQL Management Studio, right click the server, select attach, and that way you can permanently attach the database to the server. You'll have to use a normal connection s...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

SQL Server 2005 error when trying to connect to sql server 2000 database
Hi all.I am working on asp.net 2.0 with back end as sqlserver 2000. but when trying to connect to the database i am getting the following error displayed An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the...

wegconfig connectionstring ADODB System.Data.Odbc error is [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'
    <add name="MYADODBCUSTOMERCONNECTIONSTRING" connectionString="Driver={SQL Server};Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Database=myDbname;Uid=xxxxx;Pwd=xxxxx" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" />   [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: [Micros...

How to enabel sql server notification on database as well as table using sql server 2005

Web resources about - SQL Server instance Error - But i'm not using sql server database! - asp.net.personalization

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

18 million targeted voter records exposed by database error
A second database containing voter records has been exposed due to a configuration error. While the first held records that some dismissed inconsequential ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...