Refreshing contents of other web part zone when change happens in one web part

Hi,

This may be simple but since I m new to VS Studio 2005. I have situation like this. Any help would be appriciated.

I have 2 web part zone in in apage and each webpart zone is having panel and iframe inside the panel.

I am doing some operations on src of the frame in webpart zone1 and it goes to some other page in same zone and after I am done on other page I am comming back to the original page . It si working fine. But what i want ot do is  want to refresh the contents of frames in other webpart so that they can pick the informatiom database and refresh the content. Since contents in other 2 web parts are dependent on operation done in src page of frame of first web part. And If i do not refresh it and if user clicks on any control in other web parts he may come across some errors because that data might have been deleted/ modified by the operations done in src page of frame of first web part.

Here is the source design view of web part zones.

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="DefaultView.aspx.vb" Inherits="DefaultView" %>

<head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

</head>

<form id="form1" runat="server" >

<asp:Panel ID="pnlAssetView" runat="server" Width ="900px" Height="457px" BackColor="#FFFBD6" Direction="LeftToRight" HorizontalAlign="Left" >

<asp:WebPartManager ID="WebPartManager1" runat="server">

</asp:WebPartManager>

<asp:WebPartZone ID="WebPartZone1" runat="server" BorderColor="#990000" Font-Names="Verdana"

Height="274px" LayoutOrientation="Horizontal" Padding="1" Width="945px" HeaderText="Asset Category" PartChromeType="BorderOnly" >

<PartChromeStyle BackColor="#FFFBD6" BorderColor="#990000" Font-Names="Verdana" ForeColor="#333333" />

<MenuLabelHoverStyle ForeColor="#FFCC66" />

<EmptyZoneTextStyle Font-Size="0.8em" />

<MenuLabelStyle ForeColor="White" />

<MenuVerbHoverStyle BackColor="#FFFBD6" BorderColor="#CCCCCC" BorderStyle="Solid"

BorderWidth="1px" ForeColor="#333333" />

<HeaderStyle Font-Size="0.7em" ForeColor="#CCCCCC" HorizontalAlign="Center" />

<ZoneTemplate>

<asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Height="274px" Width="910px">

<iframe id = "if1" runat="server" src="AvailableAssets.aspx" frameborder="0" style="width: 900px; height: 274px" enableviewstate ="true">

</iframe>

</asp:Panel>

</ZoneTemplate>

</asp:WebPartZone>

<asp:WebPartZone ID="WebPartZone2" runat="server" BorderColor="#990000" Font-Names="Verdana"

Height="274px" LayoutOrientation="Horizontal" Padding="1" Width="945px" HeaderText="Asset Category" PartChromeType="BorderOnly" >

<PartChromeStyle BackColor="#FFFBD6" BorderColor="#990000" Font-Names="Verdana" ForeColor="#333333" />

<MenuLabelHoverStyle ForeColor="#FFCC66" />

<EmptyZoneTextStyle Font-Size="0.8em" />

<MenuLabelStyle ForeColor="White" />

<MenuVerbHoverStyle BackColor="#FFFBD6" BorderColor="#CCCCCC" BorderStyle="Solid"

BorderWidth="1px" ForeColor="#333333" />

<HeaderStyle Font-Size="0.7em" ForeColor="#CCCCCC" HorizontalAlign="Center" />

<ZoneTemplate>

<asp:Panel ID="Panel2" runat="server" Height="274px" Width="910px">

<iframe id ="if2" runat="server" frameborder ="0" src ="viewIssuedAssets.aspx" style="width: 900px; height: 274px" enableviewstate ="true">

</iframe>

</asp:Panel>

</ZoneTemplate>

</asp:WebPartZone>

<asp:WebPartZone ID="WebPartZone3" runat="server" BorderColor="#990000" Font-Names="Verdana"

Height="274px" LayoutOrientation="Horizontal" Padding="1" Width="945px" HeaderText="Asset Category" PartChromeType="BorderOnly" >

<PartChromeStyle BackColor="#FFFBD6" BorderColor="#990000" Font-Names="Verdana" ForeColor="#333333" />

<MenuLabelHoverStyle ForeColor="#FFCC66" />

<EmptyZoneTextStyle Font-Size="0.8em" />

<MenuLabelStyle ForeColor="White" />

<MenuVerbHoverStyle BackColor="#FFFBD6" BorderColor="#CCCCCC" BorderStyle="Solid"

BorderWidth="1px" ForeColor="#333333" />

<HeaderStyle Font-Size="0.7em" ForeColor="#CCCCCC" HorizontalAlign="Center" />

<ZoneTemplate>

<asp:Panel ID="Panel3" runat="server" Height="274px" Width="910px">

<iframe id ="if3" runat ="server" src="viewReservedAssets.aspx" style="width: 900px; height: 274px" frameborder ="0" enableviewstate ="true">

</iframe>

</asp:Panel>

</ZoneTemplate>

</asp:WebPartZone>

</asp:Panel>

</form>

Regards,

VB

0
batghare
3/24/2006 2:16:55 PM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Work through this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/06/02/BasicInstincts/default.aspx

It will help you understand how to connect web parts.

David Barkol | ASP.NET AJAX in Action
0
davidbarkol

Web part Personalization and Web part custom designing
  Hi all          1. I m using a GridView control in my Web Part. In that GridView i control the columns to be displayed by generating queries in run time. In my page i have six GridView controls in six web parts. Each user can customize their GridView columns. My actual requirement is i want to get the each individual user customized details when they logged in again.How can I done this plz give me a suggestion by code.    2. I want to display my web part have a rounded corner title. how can I done this. I a...

List web parts and web part zones from another page
Hi I'm working on an administration page that clones the content of a page within our cms. Thats the easy bit. The difficult bit is I want to be able to clone the webparts, their locations and their content that are on said page. I've been looking at the SqlPersonalizationProvider but dont think i can solve my problem by calling anything within that. I've also been looking at the webpartmanager and there does not seem to be a way of calling the methods within this class to get the content of a different page. Does anyone have any ideas how i would get the web part inform...

can i drag an image from one web part to another web part
hi can i drag an image from one web part to another web part i.e if i am having an image in one web part i must drag the web part and drop it in the other web part  is it possible or not pls tell me if possible give me how thanks Hi, The image control is also a standard control. WebPartManager will wrap it as a genericWebParts. What you are draging is a WebPart, not a image control. I know what you want is discarding the frame border of the WebPart control, actually you can achieve it by setting the ChromeType property of WebPart to PartChromeType.None...

Cannot change web part title bar properties when web part is within an update panel
We have some web parts that are wrapped within an update panel. The entire web part zone is wrapped in the update panel, as noted in other places on this forum. The problem is, any attempts to set properties within the title bar of the web part don't work (if done programatically) within the update panel. For example, if I add a web part, and then in the OnInit() function, I do this: this.Title = "My new title"; Then when I run the program, the title bar simply says, "Untitled". Is there a way to make ths work??? For the record, his is a snippet of the HTML to show the order of the cont...

can i drag the selected value of dropdown list in one web part to another web part
hi, supose i am having time displaying in on webpart can i drag the value of time to another web part and and display the time is: and the value draged from the other webpart so i want to drag the value year and population into antoher web part and according to that the grap must appear i.e what  i exactly want is i must drag some value from one webpart to onother webpart and according to event some thing must happen in another web part   Hi, The problem has been replied in the following post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1141884.aspx But from the title you described, do ...

Atlas and Web Parts / Web Part Framework
How is Microsoft differentiating Atlas from Web Parts and the Web Part Framework? Which is the right one to use when? Web Parts provide a rich infrastructure in ASP.NET to build composite, personalized application UI from individual components. Atlas provides a richer environment in the browser client for application UI to run more interactively. These are complementary technologies. In the future, web parts and Atlas will work together in a couple of important ways. First, the web parts infrastructure will take advantage of Atlas to provide even richer client-side intera...

Enumerating all the web parts on a page
I have a web part that needs to examine every other web part on a given page for info. I've tried two approaches, but neither seems to be the answer I'm looking for. First, I tried getting a reference to Parent (which returns the WebPartManager) and enumerating through it's Controls (or WebParts) collection. This almost works - it gives me every web part in the same WebPartZone as my web part. But it doesn't give me all the web parts in the other zones. Example:            WebPartManager wpm = (WebPartManager)this.Pa...

Web part in MOSS not showing in the "Add Web Parts" web page dialog in the nested sites
hey guys,  I created a web part and it seems to work fine ( I followed  the Sahil's article: http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/webforms/article.php/c12293__1/)I added the web part using the page:_layouts/NewDwp.aspx located in the profiles site, which is http://ServerName/sites/MySite/then I asked a coworker to try the web part, he went to his profile, click in Site Actions, Edit page, Add a Web Part and he wasn't able to see it in the list, so he needed to go to Site Settings -> Web Parts -> New -> check the web part and click on Populate Gallery. S...

Problem with connection zone part in web part
I am working on web part .I have added connection zone part on the web form but links of connection on that control are not working.  Hi,have you added this code belowthis.WebPartManager1.DisplayMode = WebPartManager.ConnectDisplayMode;this will enable you to connect webpartRegards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET Great answerBest RegardsFalak MahmoodDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and ma...

Dynamic Wep Parts and Web Part Zones
I've done this before but I'm having trouble remembering how I did it (I no longer have the code I used before).  I developed a templating engine where a template with specialized tags is rendered to the page with a drop zone in place of the special tags.  Then, in a predefined drop zone the user has a list of web parts representing data that can be moved into the webparts which are dynamically added. My problem is this.  Since I am manually adding the webpartzones into a panel during OnInit, I have to render them on postback as well.  When I try to drop an item ...

Web parts: upcoming deadline for Snippets, update on Web Parts
Hi, quick update on Web parts, since the release date for Northern Spring Campaign is approaching fast. iOS won't be released on June 2nd, we'll try to reuse as many strings as possible (if not all of them) from the existing work that it will happen. *Snippets - 25 May* A few locales (ja, pl, ru) still have a pending request for snippets. Some of them are about iOS, so they won't be used in this campaign, but it's important to have them on file for the future. *Campaign - 2 Jun* The campaign is spread across several files with small updates. The removal of...

Web part performance concern as # of available web parts increase
Perhaps I'm missing a certain element to the Web part framework. I'm slowly scaling up the number of Web parts that I have on a particular page that I have. It's not completely impossible for me to think of this page eventually having tens of Web parts available for looking at little cross sections of data in the system to provide a dashboard. Of course, a user may only have 10 or so visible. I only have four parts on my page right now within WebPartZones. What I notice is that even if my personalization settings have various WebParts configured as not to show, it runs through the data ...

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

Invoke Ajax OnClick from Provider Web Part to Consumer Web Part
I am attempting to manage an ajax connection by calling a button onclick method on a separate web part in order to force the partial postback on the consumer.  Web part A (Provider) invokes the method on Web Part B (Consumer) Web Part A Type t = myButton.GetType();            object[] p = new object[1];            p[0] = EventArgs.Empty;            MethodInfo m = t.GetMethod("OnClick", BindingFlags.NonPublic | ...

Web resources about - Refreshing contents of other web part zone when change happens in one web part - asp.net.personalization

Filibaba Smoothies - refreshing & tasty drinks on the App Store on iTunes
Get Filibaba Smoothies - refreshing & tasty drinks on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Berry refreshing cocktails
Give it the berries with drinks that draw on a proliferation of seasonally fresh fruit.

Socceroos certain also-rans: how refreshing
Australia is the 62nd-ranked soccer country in the world. In the other team sports dearest to Australians' hearts, there are not even 62 countries ...

WAG culture: Mirka Federer made a refreshing change
It really shouldn't be headline news, not in 2014, but so faultlessly has Mirka Federer conducted herself in the five years she has been married ...

Refreshing taste of diplomacy
The Scandinavians are heading south.

Refreshing way to brew a sector newbie
Nexba: refreshing way to brew an iced tea sector newbie

Justin Trudeau's Abortion Tweet About Women Is Pretty Refreshing
At a time when it can feel like women's rights are being determined by people who aren't, frankly, affected by them, one Canadian politician ...

Tea's refreshing change
Li Jiayi and her friends are happy to spend 1,000 yuan between them over a pot of tea.

This ‘Refreshing’ Document Review Job Ad Is Actually Just Annoying And Unprofessional
Does this company want document review attorneys or “camp counselors?” Continue reading » Follow Above the Law on Twitter or become a fan on ...

Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing
... that’s enough to suspect it’ll get passed around the office by basketball lovers. The post Coke Zero Even Makes PowerPoint A Bit More Refreshing ...