List web parts and web part zones from another page

Hi

I'm working on an administration page that clones the content of a page within our cms. Thats the easy bit.

The difficult bit is I want to be able to clone the webparts, their locations and their content that are on said page.

I've been looking at the SqlPersonalizationProvider but dont think i can solve my problem by calling anything within that. I've also been looking at the webpartmanager and there does not seem to be a way of calling the methods within this class to get the content of a different page.

Does anyone have any ideas how i would get the web part information on a specific page from another page?

TIA

Jon

0
billywizz
8/1/2007 6:24:00 PM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

List web parts and web part zones from another page

From you words, I'm not clear what you really want. First just give you a suggestion, if you just want the WebParts and WebPartZones be displayed on other page, why don't you use MasterPage to handle that? Just make the page which contains the WebParts and zones be the child page. So in this way, while you visiting the MasterPage, the WebParts and Zones also can be seen. Second, if you insist on "another page", you may put your attention on the following data tables called aspnet_PersonalizationAllUsers and aspnet_PersonalizationPerUser, all the webparts page setting data has been saved there. You may read the data from the image field of those tables onto your new page.More details, you may refer the following link:

Thanks.

Michael Jin.
Microsoft Online Community Support

Nai
8/6/2007 6:52:30 AM

I think that's correct. I'll read up on the PersonalizationProvider. Thanks

0
billywizz

can i drag the selected value of dropdown list in one web part to another web part
hi, supose i am having time displaying in on webpart can i drag the value of time to another web part and and display the time is: and the value draged from the other webpart so i want to drag the value year and population into antoher web part and according to that the grap must appear i.e what  i exactly want is i must drag some value from one webpart to onother webpart and according to event some thing must happen in another web part   Hi, The problem has been replied in the following post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1141884.aspx But from the title you described, do ...

Enumerating all the web parts on a page
I have a web part that needs to examine every other web part on a given page for info. I've tried two approaches, but neither seems to be the answer I'm looking for. First, I tried getting a reference to Parent (which returns the WebPartManager) and enumerating through it's Controls (or WebParts) collection. This almost works - it gives me every web part in the same WebPartZone as my web part. But it doesn't give me all the web parts in the other zones. Example:            WebPartManager wpm = (WebPartManager)this.Pa...

Web part Personalization and Web part custom designing
  Hi all          1. I m using a GridView control in my Web Part. In that GridView i control the columns to be displayed by generating queries in run time. In my page i have six GridView controls in six web parts. Each user can customize their GridView columns. My actual requirement is i want to get the each individual user customized details when they logged in again.How can I done this plz give me a suggestion by code.    2. I want to display my web part have a rounded corner title. how can I done this. I a...

Is it possible to embed part of one web page into another web page?
Any answers will be highly appreciated.  Thanks. If you can adjust the page you want to embed onto the other page, you could use a .ascx (web forms control).  Then you can add controls to it and just drag and drop it using VS.NET from the Solution Explorer window to the webform.  You can then also embed it onto other pages in that same web project easily by drag n drop.  I hope this helps, it's not exactly a portion of a web page but may be an acceptable alternative for you.Rachel AppelMVP - ASPInsider In order to better answer this, I could use some details as ...

Web part in MOSS not showing in the "Add Web Parts" web page dialog in the nested sites
hey guys,  I created a web part and it seems to work fine ( I followed  the Sahil's article: http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/webforms/article.php/c12293__1/)I added the web part using the page:_layouts/NewDwp.aspx located in the profiles site, which is http://ServerName/sites/MySite/then I asked a coworker to try the web part, he went to his profile, click in Site Actions, Edit page, Add a Web Part and he wasn't able to see it in the list, so he needed to go to Site Settings -> Web Parts -> New -> check the web part and click on Populate Gallery. S...

can i drag an image from one web part to another web part
hi can i drag an image from one web part to another web part i.e if i am having an image in one web part i must drag the web part and drop it in the other web part  is it possible or not pls tell me if possible give me how thanks Hi, The image control is also a standard control. WebPartManager will wrap it as a genericWebParts. What you are draging is a WebPart, not a image control. I know what you want is discarding the frame border of the WebPart control, actually you can achieve it by setting the ChromeType property of WebPart to PartChromeType.None...

Sharepoint help! Error msg : "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"
hihi, I have set up a testing virtual server on my local machine. I installed win server 2003, wss 2.0, sql server 2000, and visual studio .net 2003. i tried to create a project in C# but when i build it and import the web part (.dwp) into the page, there is this error msg "A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Web Part Page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered on this site as safe"  I seached most of the sites and they informed that the problem lies in the safe control in web.config i enter the safe control in web.config but i does not know where to put ...

Refreshing contents of other web part zone when change happens in one web part
Hi, This may be simple but since I m new to VS Studio 2005. I have situation like this. Any help would be appriciated. I have 2 web part zone in in apage and each webpart zone is having panel and iframe inside the panel. I am doing some operations on src of the frame in webpart zone1 and it goes to some other page in same zone and after I am done on other page I am comming back to the original page . It si working fine. But what i want ot do is  want to refresh the contents of frames in other webpart so that they can pick the informatiom database and refresh the content. Since conten...

Importing n Adding custom web parts onto a web part page
I created a custom webpart using the ASP.NET Web Control Library Template in a  C# project. Then i created a .dwp file for the web part and even edited the web.config file in the c:\inetpub\wwwroot  folder to set the safe property of the webpart to true. I then imported the .dwp file into sharepoint . Now when try to drop the web part onto a web part zone it says             "A web part or web form control on this web part page cannot be displayed or imported because it is not registered as safe on this site" What sh...

Atlas and Web Parts / Web Part Framework
How is Microsoft differentiating Atlas from Web Parts and the Web Part Framework? Which is the right one to use when? Web Parts provide a rich infrastructure in ASP.NET to build composite, personalized application UI from individual components. Atlas provides a richer environment in the browser client for application UI to run more interactively. These are complementary technologies. In the future, web parts and Atlas will work together in a couple of important ways. First, the web parts infrastructure will take advantage of Atlas to provide even richer client-side intera...

Web Part Zone List in Catalog Zone
Guys, I've implemented a tabbed view of web parts on a page. Basically, I have 3 panels on the page. Each has 3 web part zones. And based on the value coming in from the querystring, I display the appropriate panel, thus displaying only catalog zones in that panel. This works great, except for one minute yet very annoying detail. If I'm looking at Panel 2, and trying to add a new web part to one of the zones, in the "Add To:" catalog zone list, I can see all the zones on that page. Even the ones that are NOT Visible. I look at the HTML of the page rendered, and the zone are de...

Display Web Page in Web Part
 I wonder if it's possible to display a web page in a web part control by specifying the URL only, e.g. "www.asp.net" (i.e. I want to get the same behaviour as is possible with e.g. HTML frames)? Hello,  I have a similar problem: I would like to change the page displayed in a Page Viewer webpart by clicking on a lilnk that would be on another webpart on the same page. Idealy this would be done in ASP, but javascript could be an alternative. I have not been able to get the webpart object, by its ID or by another mean, though... I use WSS 3.0 and Sharepoint Design...

Simple way to copy web part personalization info from one page to another.
There may be a more elegant solution, but I’ve found that I can slightly extend the SqlPersonalizationProvider class provided by Fredrik Normen (see: http://fredrik.nsquared2.com/viewpost.aspx?PostID=266)  to effectively copy personalization information from one page to another.    My need was fairly specific, and the code below reflects that. However, I’m sure the concept can be generalized and applied to other situations.  Note, for example, that the solution given here applies specifically to “user” scoped personalization.   In my case, I have a single t...

Getting a list of all pages and all web parts on one page
Hi, is it possible to get a list of all pages in the portal in, for example, a treeview, with the WebParts info dynamic loaded from Personalization? Something like: Page1    WebPart1        WebPartProperty1        WebPartProperty2    WebPart2        WebPartProperty1Page2    WebPart1.... The pages (info) is actually stored in a DB and retrieved dynamic on loading (pretty much as I tried to explain on my blog). I'm using a MasterP...

Web resources about - List web parts and web part zones from another page - asp.net.personalization

India 6th most affected by terrorism in 2014; ISIS, Boko Haram behind more than half attacks: Report
According to the third edition of the Global Terrorism Index 2015 (GTI), India ranked 6th out of 162 nations most affected by terrorism in 2014. ...

Noted Racist Donald Trump Tweets Out Anti-Black Propaganda
Perpetual embarrassment Donald Trump can look almost thoughtful next to his rock-solid, occasionally violent base of racist voters . Except, ...

J.J. Abrams says he has 'six little things left' to finish Star Wars: The Force Awakens
First up is yet another TV spot — this one shines the spotlight on Oscar Isaac and the X-Wings. At a charity event hosted by Stephen Colbert ...

Little-Known Democrat Defeats Republican Frontrunner To Win Governor's Race in Louisiana
A relatively unknown Democrat won a runoff election for governor of Louisiana on Saturday night, taking over in a red state that’s been inundated ...

Southwest Flight Diverted Due to 'Suspicious Behavior'
Southwest Flight Diverted Due to 'Suspicious Behavior'

Djokovic beats Federer in straight sets to win at ATP finals
LONDON (AP) — As usual this season, Novak Djokovic was the best player on the court.

Are these the remains of last tsar Nicholas II’s son? Bone fragments locked in a safe in Russia’s state ...
A probe is being launched to determine whether the remains can be laid to rest next to the other members of Russia's last royal family, interred ...

Washington Post Reporter Jason Rezaian Sentenced By Secret Iranian Court
Jason Rezaian, the Washington Post reporter who has been held by Iran on espionage charges that most everyone agrees are nonsense, has apparently ...

‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2’ is a Smash Hit, So Why the Disappointment?
The final film in the “Hunger Games” series debuted to numbers that few pictures in history have ever enjoyed, but not everyone seems impressed. ...

Malaysian police report warns of suicide bombers ahead of Asean summit - World news - The Guardian
Police chief says threats unverified following leaked memo warning Islamic State and regional ally Abu Sayyaf have 10 suicide bombers in Kuala ...