How update or modify all users profile properties in one authenticated user!

How update or modify all users profile properties in one authenticated user!

0
davidsun
2/21/2006 12:40:25 PM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you looking for a way to load the profile data for a user based on just their username, and then save the updated data back to the database?  If so you use code like:

ProfileCommon p = Profile.GetProfile("some user name here");
p.SomePropertyValue = "new value";
p.Save();

-Stefan
sschack

Users Modifying Other User Properties
We have a problem with students modifying properties for other student objects. We ran a report using the DSRIGHTS tool (http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13966.html), but it shows students as only having compare and read rights to other student objects. Only some of the properties can be modified. For example, "Given name" and "Telephone" can be modified, but "Last name" and "E-Mail Address" cannot. I have included the output from DSRIGHTS below. Any ideas? How ROBKID.RAM.RHS. got rights to RYANTJ.RAM.RHS. ...

Modify User Information / User Profile
I have been rooting around looking for the answer... with no luck... I want to modify the User Information / User Profile collected, for example delete MSN, AIM and Yahoo and add City, State and Zip. Where is this? Is it right in front of my nose? Thanks in advance, (again). The table in the DB is the Community_Users table. You will have to either extend this table, or create a new table using a foreign key relationship to the users table to hold your new fields. You probably don't need to mod any stored proc though since the profile procedures use select * (bad design, but ...

Using one users personalization for a group of users
   Hi, I'm new to Web Parts. I wonder if it is possible to let one user customize the layout for a page using web parts and then let all other users use his customization? So in my project I want the administrator being able to change the looks for the rest of the users. /Carl You betcha Carl.  Search for "entersharedscope" and "togglescope" in msdn library, thats two searches. Then add to your web.config so you can personalize for everyone else. <webParts> <personalization> <authorization> <allow users="Carl" verbs="enterSharedScope, modi...

want to call one c#.net function in one user control from another user control
hi i have two user controls info.ascx and personal.ascx i have a function like in info.ascx i have a function like showdetails() {   } now i want to access this function from personal.ascx can i do this ? thanks in advance. shwetaThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path  you should better create a class where you will define the "functions" that you need in both files. declare "static" the function and call it like nameofclass.nameoffunction In a web project you can...

Update one user control from another user control
I have two user controls (.ascx files) on one .aspx page. They are in some kind of master-detail relationship. When I select a row in the GridView in first control, second control is populated with editable data. After changing data and clicking update data IS saved but GridView in first control is not updated.How can I cause that data in first control refreshes, but to keep selected row selected?__Please mark post as answer if it helps, if not come back and ask again! Hi,You need to re-bind the GridView with the updated data source so that it reflects the latest changes. Regarding the cur...

How to Synchronize anonymous users with authenticated users using profiles?
I am trying to Synchronize anonymous users with authenticated uses using Profile_MigrateAnonymous. However Profile_MigrateAnonymous only carries information in one direction, for instance, if I delete one item from the basket in a shopping cart when the user is still anonymous, the item comes back right after I log out. I would like to know if is there any way to synchronize both directions so that the user sees the information in the basket either as being anonymous user or authenticated user?   void Profile_MigrateAnonymous(object sender, ProfileMigrateEventArgs e) {...

How to update/modify a ADAM user/Group/Application using vb.net or c#.net
 Hi I  need  help for update/modify a ADAM user/Group/Application using vb.net or c#.net RegardsMallikarjunaP.Mallikarjuna Hi,you can take a look at this Microsoft support site: http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=en-us&st=a&na=84&qu=adam+update+group&qp=&qa=&qn=&c=4&s=0Also, when I think about ADAM/Active directory and doing something against this technology I think of LDAP queries, so this becomes: http://www.google.be/search?hl=nl&q=ldap+query+C%23&meta=Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins fo...

How to link template to the user objects for updating properties of multiple users
I have User template maintains a link to the user objects not created with them. In ConsoleOne, I can select a template, go to File, and then Properties of Multiple Users. Any changes made to the template are propagated to all user accounts created with that template. I have user template which is a replacement template;the orginial one is deleted. I change the property of the user template in ConsoleOne but those changes in the user template do not synchronize with the properties of the user objects. How can the link can be re-maintained so that the multiple changes can ...

update the record but only one user ... the time space for other user is for wating...
  hello experts.. I am trying to  update the record ... the record update sucessfully . but if there are nos users and if user "A" trying to update the record &  simultaniosly update the user "B" trying to  update the record  then there should be the message to user 'B'    " currently updating the record... u dont have the chance.. "  so how this situation can handle???????? reply as early as possible... prashantsvl          You could use...

How can I carry anonymous users profile information to authenticated user
HelloI can carry the anonymous users profile information like favourite team name etc but when the user logs in how can I  carry the profile knowledge to the authenticated users profile.Good Nights Please provide some more information about the hangup. At least I couldn't understand what exactly are you trying to achieve. So simple... yet so effective.My "Life"ly Blog You need to add the Profile_MigrateAnonymous event in your global.asax. Here's a sample: void Profile_MigrateAnonymous(object sender, ProfileMigrateEventArgs e) { //Migrate Profile Profil...

One user asked for User/Pass, others not (Integrated Authentication)
Hi folks I have an ASP.NET application using Windows Integrated Authentication, where one user cannot log in. He is asked for his Username and Password. No one else has this problem, despite being members of the same groups. I'm not using impersonation... In my web.config, in the general section, my authorisation is as follows:         <allow users="*"/> <!-- Allow all users --> Though I do have one location-specific authorization which denies most users, it is not for the file that this user is trying to access (besides,...

Combining non-authenticated users with authenticated users
Hi!I'm busy with "upgrading" my ASP-website's to asp.Net-website's.I've done a lot of tutorials on the net, but I still have a question. All the tutorials are about securing a whole directory (I need to use forms authentication). This means, a user is logged in and can access all files in the secured directory. When the user is not logged in, he will be forwarded to the login-page.My question is about the technique used, for example, by forums. A user that is not logged in, can read the page. But a user that is logged in, can read the page also, but has also the rights to post messages....

Single Users Profile and All Users Profiles List
I've made a discussion forum. And I have also installed simply asp.net membership. Now I want after click on user link to redirect to the page with User's info.I have simply user "John" and user "Bob" and everyone can click on those names and will see page with informations stored in Profile (Like Profile.Name, Profile.Address). I have three simply question:1. How to show profile values of other User ? Like I wrote above.2. How to list all users with for example their e-mails ? I mean: UserLogin - UserName - UserMail3. Or the easier way is to make new table with those all information an...

Login Control logs user in, but User is not authenticated, but user really is!
I am using aspnetmembershipprovider.  Everything works fine.  I slap a login control on my login page and am able to login and get to my secure folder etc.  When I try and put some code in the LoggedIn method "User.Identity.IsAuthenticated" = false, yet if I blow through that, I am logged, authenicated etc.  The documentation says that the LoggedIn event is "after the user is authenticated".  Any Ideas what is up?Thanks,TPS------------------------------------------------------Note Collaboration for your next confernce call.http://www.ConferenceCallNotes.com I am...

Web resources about - How update or modify all users profile properties in one authenticated user! - asp.net.personalization

Authenticated encryption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Authenticated Encryption ( AE ) or Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data ( AEAD ) is a block cipher mode of operation which simultaneously ...

Google Spam Report (Authenticated) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
When you are logged into Google Webmaster Central, you can report any site that is spamming the SERPs through this tool. Post at Does Google ...

Authenticated electricity: Sony power outlets will charge you for charging
Sony is building a new kind of power outlet that raises a not entirely pleasant prospect—in the future, plugging a phone into a public wall socket ...

MLB Authenticated Game-Used Base Bar Stool
Like. From The Green Head: "If you love America's favorite pastime, now you can sit on an actual piece of it. These unique collectible bar stools ...

C-SPAN Moving to Authenticated TV Ch. Streaming
C-SPAN is launching a beta test of its migration of live online feeds of its TV channels—C-SPAN 1,2,3—to an authentication model starting Monday, ...

FDA "Corruption" Letter Authenticated: Lawyers, Start Your Engines!
The FDA's official recognition of the letter means that lawyers who want to use it to demonstrate that the FDA isn't perfect won't have to go ...

Buddy Rich's Authenticated and Complete 1960s Zildjian Cymbal Set Available on eBay for $29,995
Buddy Rich's complete 1960s Zildjian cymbal set is available for purchase on eBay. In the massive world of the Internet, anything is apparently ...

FileVault's authenticated restart has hardware requirements
If you use FileVault and wish to restart remotely, you can do so with the 'fdesetup' command; however, this does have some hardware limitations. ...

BREAKING: Michael Brown Audio Aired By CNN Authenticated
Video messaging service Glide has confirmed to the Washington Post the exact time and date the audio recording with gunshot sounds on it was ...

Sheriff: Brenham vet can't be charged with killing cat unless Facebook photo is authenticated
As a team investigated the image, the clinic where Kristen Lindsey worked said Friday that she'd been fired and condemned her post "in the strongest ...