How to call an external web page from a ‘Web Part’ web control?

Hi there,

I’m using ASP.NET 2.0. My main web page has few  ‘web part’ controls. In one of them, I want to call an external web page/web site (ie. http://www.asp.net). So, users can have two web sites in the same web page where user can minimize or maximize this web part with external web page/site

Can I do that? And how do I do that?

Thanks,

Chandi

0
chandima
3/24/2006 6:50:33 AM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

davidbarkol

All web pages hang on web server when one of the web pages calls a run away sql query
Hi: We have a Windows 2003 dedicated web server running the .NET Frameworks 1.0 and 2.0.  We have a SQL Server cluster running SQL Server 2000.  Unfortunately, we do not have a test environment.  I have 2 .NET web sites in production.  My coworker has a voting .NET web page using AJAX on the same server.  The coworker wrote a query that was not indexing properly and when the page fired the query...the cluster went to almost 100% utilization.  My two web pages would hang and show a blank white page on the default.aspx.  Neither of m...

web web web

difference of calling web services and calling web page
Dear all,  What is the difference of call a web services instead of calling a aspx page which is also programming can accept parameters and return results? Webservice -- Soap protocol Webapplication  -- HTTP protocol Webservices are of two Major types Xml & SOAP HttpWebServices Basic difference is in usage and implementation. We use a webservice inside a website. it is added as a reference or we can call it through HttpWebRequests and Response objects. Webpages are the components that have presentation and logic, while web services provide the service that we...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

How to databind control in one web page from another web page
Hi all,  I have a listbox control and a button control in a web page. Once the user clicks the button another web page is opened. The new web page will accept some data from the user which will be used to databind the listbox in the first web page. In other words, the two web pages ( the parent window and the child window) are open at the same time. The child page needs to databind a control in the parent page. Is there a way to do it? I need some code. Thx in advance Update: I hate to do this. Looks like I will have to take help of viewstate and session si...

How can I control load sequence of web controls in a web page?
Hi, How can I control load sequence of web controls in a web page? Thanks. For the most part, the load sequence on a web page is not relevant since all controls must be present before the page can be used. Could you provide more information as to what you're trying to do?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient." Hi, As far as I know, we have no luck to control the load order of the Web controls on a page. However, if we need to load some controls under given conditions, we can achieve this by adding them dynamically instead.Forwa...

Web control in web control

Web Menus / User controls in aspx web page and .aspx C# based web templates
Dear all, I have created several user controls and included in the webpages. (This user control is a navigation menu consisting of images) This has to be included in all webpages. But when i tried to publish i get error messages for them. But i can’t remove since i need these user controls. Error message given below Error 2 The type 'WebUserControl' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\new_latest\d203e69a\d67c356f\App_Web_ijsq-eqk.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\new_la...

Web page .aspx is slow when loading. Pages have web user controls on them that are loaded dynamically
I have written a web application using VS 2003. Several of my forms have web user controls on them. The controls are loaded dynamically at runtime. The problem is that the web pages are very slow to load. Does anyone know if there is a way to speed up the pages being loaded into the browser? Here is an example of some code I use to dynamically load the controls:  private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)  {   // Put user code to initialize the page here   // Put user code to initialize the page here    Co...

page code file not resolving page web controls Visual Web Developer 2008
Hi, my page code file has stopped resolving my page controls, this is a bit of a headache as I am not able to verify my variables properly! anyone encountered this?   you might want to check if your code file is referenced in the .aspx file using "CodeFile=" and not "CodeBehind=". the class must also be declared as partial. if this does not work, you can try to declare a protected variable in your code file with the exact same name for every control you want to manipulate and see if it matches at runtime (the 1.1 way). e.g.: protected DropDownList MyDDL...

Web resources about - How to call an external web page from a ‘Web Part’ web control? - asp.net.personalization

Externals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All of the Externals were originally portrayed as immortal and important, playing an extremely major role in the future and Apocalypse 's rise ...

Russian plane crash: 'External' factors to blame for downing of jet over Sinai, airline Kogalymavia says ...
Russian airline Kogalymavia says external factors are to blame in the downing of one of its aircraft over Egypt.

Apple doubles external TestFlight testers to 2,000 users, beta periods to 60 days
... betas and new Tech Talks today, Apple has more developer news to share today. Starting today, TestFlight will now support up to 2,000 external ...

Marvell Plunges after PwC Resigns as External Auditor; Are Management Changes Ahead?
Marvell Technology (MRVL) is getting slammed today after revealing that its external accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers has resigned. The ...

Sinai plane crash: 'External influence' caused crash
The Russian airline Kogalymavia blames "external influence" for Saturday's deadly Sinai plane crash which killed 224 people.

These are the 5 best selling external hard drives on Amazon
... some people, but do you really want Google or Amazon to get their hands on all of your photos and other personal files? You need your own external ...

Mophie's new slim external batteries expand Powerstation line
Available in multiple battery sizes the new chargers start at $40 and sport an aluminum finish.

‘External Impact’: Investigation Into Russian Plane Crash Just Got More Mysterious
‘External Impact’: Investigation Into Russian Plane Crash Just Got More Mysterious

Metrojet Official Claims 'External Impact' Crashed Airbus In Sinai Peninsula
Experts say it's too soon to tell what caused the crash that killed all 224 people aboard.

Airline Says Russian Plane Crash Was Definitely Caused by "External Impact"
Metrojet officials announced Monday that the Russian jetliner crash that killed 224 people in the Sinai Peninsula was caused by “an external ...