how do I reteive the profile of a specific user that is not the current logged in user?

I am trying to retreive the profile for a specific user without that user being the current logged in user.

I am in a class module and I have tried that but did not work:

Dim UserGenProfile As ProfileInfo

Dim reccount As Integer

UserGenProfile = ProfileManager.FindProfilesByUserName(ProfileAuthenticationOption.Authenticated, UserName, 0, 1, reccount).Item(0)

0
bcweed966
1/27/2009 10:49:28 PM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi
Try to implemnt this piece of code

ProfileCommon profile = Profile.GetProfile("MyUserName");
string name = profile.Name;
Avantha Siriwardana
(Donald Knuth)

0
AvanthaSiriwardana

how can I reteive the profile of a user that is NOT the current loggedin user on the client?
with the asp.net ajax....  I have read the documentation about the profile servie but it seems everywhere it always says :" this loads the profile of the CURRENT user etc...   where I would want to access profile properties of other users as well how? is it possible?   yes you can... the whole data is stored in a standard table for profile provider which is aspnet_Profile, you can communicate with it like any other tabel (insert, update & delete)...Regards...Nassar, RamiMy Blog || E-Mail Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that he...

Edit/Save selected user's Profile ( instead of currently logged in user)

Accessing Profile of users other than current user.
I want to access profile of other users. I want to allow my members to visit other members profile. I am not going to disply the senstive information. The default sql profile provider access to profile of current user only. Hi you need to use the getProfile function as follows:ProfileCommon UserProfile = Profile.GetProfile(UserName); UserProfile.PropertyName1=....   Please read this related thread : http://forums.asp.net/p/1243638/2279740.aspx   Regards,Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wron...

Getting the user name of the currently logged in user
I'm writing my first custom module. Just as an experimental project I would just display information about the currently logged in user. I can get the User Id, but I don't know where to get the rest of the information. How do I get this? Hi, Just create a new UserController to get the information about one user via the method GetUser(PortalId, UserId) and store it into a UserInfo. Then you can get the rest of the information from this UserInfo [VB] Dim myUser As New UserInfo Dim myUserController As New UserController myUser = myUserController.GetUser(PortalId, Use...

how to get the user id of the currently logged in user?
hi,       m develoing a site whereby employees are supposed to log in and take orders.  the users are being created thru the ASP web Administration tool and stored by default into the SQL Server Database named AspNetDB.mdf that's stored in the App_Data folder of our website. the database is created auomatically. How to display the userid as this userid is too complicated and there can be many users with the same username. You can use the Membership class to get the info about a user: Membership.GetUser() The GetUser method can also take a username as a...

How to List out Current Log on Users
Dear All,              I want the efficent way to display Current Log on Users - Users in online.  If u store session of all user in database then u can easily get the online user by checking the session state stored in database.  Add the Login info in the database . Check this info regularly after some time interval and show on the page Thanks & Regards Sandeep If you want something you never had, do something you have never done! Try storing the online persons count in the Application State Aminhttp://3...

creating a new user logs out the current user
Hi everybody, I am developing a web application, currently I am working on the security aspect of the web app. The problem I am having is when I create a new account (when I sign in as an admin user) using CreatNewUser Wizard, a new user is created and it automatically logs out the current user(Admin) and get itself  logged in. Could anybody help me out here. Thanking you in anticipation. Regards. There is a property on the <asp:createuserwizard> control called "LoginCreatedUser" (this is a Boolean) that allows you to control whether a newly created user is au...

User logs in, loads another users profile.
I hope i'm posting in the correct place, I'm not sure if this is an AD issue or a Novell client issue, or ConsoleOne. User A logs into windows XP with the correct user name and password, it logs him in but loads User B's profile. Both users have never logged into the computer so it's not loading a cached profile, it always loads users B's profile, doesn't matter which computer. If user B logs in it is fine. I checked both users profiles in AD and ConsoleOne and all seems to be set correctly. We do not use roaming profiles, nor do we use terminal se...

Current User Logs out after creating new user.
Hi,  I am using the asp.net membership provider for managing users in my application. I have created the required database in SQL server 2005. I am using the standard membership controls provided. (Login control, CreateUserWizard control etc.) . As per business logic of my application, the user do not create their account themselves. The Admin user creates them instead. For user creation, I have created a page with the CreateUserWizard control. I have made necessary membership settings entries for the web.config file. So, the user gets created without any line of code. But...

Users logging in as the same user..
HI there.. I have a problem with ASE12.0 .. I have created 10 users on the database and granted everybody permissions and all.. However, it seems everybody, no matter who logs in, logs in as the same user.. For eg... I have user logins John, Alex, Alan, Steve......etc etc And i created a user group for all of them (eg developers..) However, when they log on to isql, anything that they do will be under John, no matter if it is logins John, Alex, Steve... or etc etc.. If i do a sp_who.. all the connections will be listed as John. If they create tables, all table created will ...

How can i get the user id of the user currently logged in?
Hi, I need to get the userId of the user currently logged in. Do I need to use 'user profile' for that? I am using the database schemas installed by the aspnet_regsql.exe. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated. E     Dim user As MembershipUser        user = Membership.GetUser(True)        Label1.Text = user.UserName If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you!Regards.mimranshafiq.NET Web Developerhttp://www.dotnetclassic.com VB:Dim usr as MembershipUser=Membership....

Logged in user displays user specific data from database
Hi there - I am fairly new to ASP.NET and am hoping for some guidance here ... I am building an application for manages to track employees as the employee leaves the business.  Basically there are processes a line manager is required to complete and I want the manager to enter completion dates when those processes have been completed. I have gotten as far as successfully creating the login/membership controls.  The user (line manager) logs in and is then redirected to the correct page and thats fine.  However, I then want for the user to see records from a dat...

LDAP/AD
We have an application that will get the IP of the workstation, but I need to know the current logged in user of that IP.  Thru the web app I can not use %username%.  This is not a authenticating app.  This is a display screen that needs to say "Joe Bob you can not access ESPN.com".  The only info I have is the IP address.  Can I use that to access AD and get the current logged on user? Thanks - BRIAN user.identity.name or HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name of course this is for the current logged in userVB,.NET 2.0MS SQL 2000 No, AD will not do this. ...

Single Users Profile and All Users Profiles List
I've made a discussion forum. And I have also installed simply asp.net membership. Now I want after click on user link to redirect to the page with User's info.I have simply user "John" and user "Bob" and everyone can click on those names and will see page with informations stored in Profile (Like Profile.Name, Profile.Address). I have three simply question:1. How to show profile values of other User ? Like I wrote above.2. How to list all users with for example their e-mails ? I mean: UserLogin - UserName - UserMail3. Or the easier way is to make new table with those all information an...

Web resources about - how do I reteive the profile of a specific user that is not the current logged in user? - asp.net.personalization

Specific - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Specific Pathogen Free , of a laboratory animal guaranteed free of particular (i.e., specific and named) pathogens "Specific" generally means ...

Specific activity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... SI quantity related to the phenomenon of natural and artificial radioactivity. The SI unit of "activity" is becquerel, Bq, while that of "specific ...

Facebook Displays Percent Of Users Who Like Pages Who Have Seen Specific Posts
Facebook continues to quietly add and tweak features behind-the-scenes, without fanfare or announcements, and the latest example is the addition ...

PSA: Apple hasn’t fixed the Gatekeeper vulnerability, only blocked specific apps using it
... Gatekeeper reports that the vulnerability remains despite two security patches applied by the company. Each, he says, only blocks the specific ...

Facebook Tests Interest-Specific News Feeds on Mobile
Facebook is adding customizable interest-based feeds. A newspaper made up of all the world's newspapers. pic.twitter.com/Ll7pib6Mb5 Jason Stein ...

Mad Catz launching Samsung-specific game controllers
... their game controllers to Samsung Mobile. Mad Catz is revealing at CES 2016 that they are developing controllers and game pads that are specifically ...

The FTC has finally given some specific guidance on what native ads are meant to look like
... on a journalism website. The FTC has been exploring how to effectively police native advertising since 2013. On Tuesday it released specific ...

Nashua Public Schools Closed Following ‘Specific’ Threat Of Violence
All public schools in Nashua, NH, will be closed Monday after school officials received a detailed threat of violence involving the city's two ...

Obama: No 'specific and credible' holiday threat
CNN Obama: No 'specific and credible' holiday threat CNN Washington (CNN) President Barack Obama insisted Thursday that Americans should feel ...

NY Fast-Food Specific Wage Hike Clears Appeal
Fast food workers in New York take a step closer to a $15 minimum wage.