Can i drag the values between two web parts

hi

i have tweo web parts in a web page

and in web part i am having a label control where the text is Rajesh

can i drag the value Rajesh to another web part and drop it there.

Thanks in advance

0
mrajeshbabu
8/8/2007 12:39:17 PM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi mrajeshbabu,

I remember this kind of question has been replied in the previous posts.

First, only WebPart controls (in your case: Label) can be draged and droped, and it can only be draged and droped between WebPartZones.

Second, in your case, you only can drag the value(Rajesh) with WebPart controls(Label), you can't split them.

These are by design. The following link is a good tutorial for starting WebParts.Read it carefully, and I hope you benifited greatly by it.

http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/webparts/default.aspx

Thanks.

Michael Jin.
Microsoft Online Community Support

Nai

can i drag the selected value of dropdown list in one web part to another web part
hi, supose i am having time displaying in on webpart can i drag the value of time to another web part and and display the time is: and the value draged from the other webpart so i want to drag the value year and population into antoher web part and according to that the grap must appear i.e what  i exactly want is i must drag some value from one webpart to onother webpart and according to event some thing must happen in another web part   Hi, The problem has been replied in the following post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1141884.aspx But from the title you described, do ...

can i drag an image from one web part to another web part
hi can i drag an image from one web part to another web part i.e if i am having an image in one web part i must drag the web part and drop it in the other web part  is it possible or not pls tell me if possible give me how thanks Hi, The image control is also a standard control. WebPartManager will wrap it as a genericWebParts. What you are draging is a WebPart, not a image control. I know what you want is discarding the frame border of the WebPart control, actually you can achieve it by setting the ChromeType property of WebPart to PartChromeType.None...

How can I open a .Net web applicaiton from a web service page and return values
 Hi allhere is what I need from an Oracle jdeveloper form, click on a button, open a web application in .Net, let the user choose several options and calculate a Total Amount, return the total amount to the jdeveloper application,could it be done with a web service?the Oracle jdeveloper form calls a web service that opens my .Net  web applicationmy web application returns a Total Amount value, my web service returns the Total Amountthe jdeveloper form gets the Total Amountthanksjsn     jsn1:  Hi all here is what I need  from an Oracle jdeve...

Web part Personalization and Web part custom designing
  Hi all          1. I m using a GridView control in my Web Part. In that GridView i control the columns to be displayed by generating queries in run time. In my page i have six GridView controls in six web parts. Each user can customize their GridView columns. My actual requirement is i want to get the each individual user customized details when they logged in again.How can I done this plz give me a suggestion by code.    2. I want to display my web part have a rounded corner title. how can I done this. I a...

Web Parts
I work for a Digital Publishing Company. The ASP.NET portal application which must allow the project managers full customization. For instance, I have a Personal Information web page which can collect all or some of the following infomration: Salutation, Title, First name, Middle Name, Last Name, Institution, Department, Street Address, city, state, postal code, country, phone, and fax number. I have designed the portal application architecture to support multiple language by using SQL Server 2005 to return all output wording based on the user's web browses langauge settings. The porta...

How can i split my web page into two parts?
Is there a way to split my web page into two parts? One part will be static and contain links to different pages, and the other part will be the page chosen by clicking the link on the other part. The same idea as when you open the "Favorites" in your browser. Create two separate UserControls. One with the static content and the other with the dynamic content. Use the parent control to provide the separation on screen. Hello, think if using MasterPages and UserControls. regardsBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP Does someone has a simple c#...

Can web part personalization vary by querystring parameter?
I want to build a page that contains a varying set of web parts based on a querystring parameter.  Is it possible to store the user and shared personalization settings based on this parameter?  For example, MyPage.aspx?v=1 would have a different set of personalization values than MyPage.aspx?v=2. Look at my reply (second post) in this thread: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1401652.aspxLife would be a lot easier if we could take a look at the source code....

Can WSE 3.0 Web Service be exposed to the web and can it be consumed by non .Net apps?
If I write a WSE 3.0 web service in .Net 2.0, can I expose it to the web like an IIS XML web service.?Also, can this web service be consumed by non .Net apps or .Net 1.1. apps?sun21170 Yes, simply enable your web service project for WSE 3, and this will alter web.config to support WSE 3 web services in IIS.The web service can be consumed by non .Net clients, however .Net 1.1 clients may struggle unless you add WSE support ans generate specific WSE proxies at the client end.  JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters...

Can two different version of .net framwork web site run on same IIS?
We have two web site. one is build under .net1.1 and the other is build under .net2.0. So, It is possible to deployed both web site on same IIS server at Remote server. Most definitely. The only thing to make sure is your sites have the proper version set in their config. You need to make sure you have them set to the version they are (or newer)....

Web Parts Drag and Drop not working in Firefox 2.0.0.12 with .NET 3.5
Hi, I'm just starting with web parts and completed the simple walkthrough from MSDN. I then tried to view my demo in Firefox, and the drag and drop features don't work. So I started researching and found several posts on this forum which discussed it. However, most of them are several months old, and refer to some combination of AJAX 1.0 / .NET 2.0, AJAX CTP / AJAX RTM / etc.  The posts seem to indicate that Firefox support was definitely added at some point in the past, so I'd expect it to be available in 3.5 (since AJAX is built in, and I assume 3.5 would contain a...

How can I use Office Web Components as web parts
Hi  In sharepoint 2003 one can add a Pivot Table to a web part area and manipulate the data in it.  I tried to export this web part and added it to my vertual directory. As a dwp file.  When I try to add this to a web part zone I get the following message: This region only allows server side controls.  How can I use Pivot Table as a web part like in Sharepoint 2003?...

Can you make web parts part of a admin section?
I would like to have web parts working in an admin section where a user could log in, change the webite content around and it would apply to anyone that visited the site.  From what I'm learning, the examples show how each user can personalize the content for their viewing only.  Can you have it where one person makes the changes and everyone can see the change? Yes you can make changes to web parts and have them visible to everyone.   All changes that are made to web parts are remembered (saved) by the Personalization service.  Within the ASP.NET portal there ar...

Two Problems- Status bar is 1 1/2 inch! and can't drag web addresses to bar next to "bookmarks"
I just transferred my wife's email to a newer computer. On the other machine I had a problem with the "family' profile which did not allow me to drag and drop web sites to the bar next to "Home and Bookmarks". It worked on my profile but not hers. I thought it would change on the newer pc, but the same problem exists. When I do drag the sites to the bar, they end up under the Bookmarks folder icon only. Any suggestions? Also, since I moved her email to the newer machine, I ended up with a status bar of 1 1/2 inches a the bottom. Tried to "uncheck" ...

Web resources about - Can i drag the values between two web parts - asp.net.personalization

Nine Travel Lessons From Han Solo - UPROXX
Follow these nine pieces of travel wisdom and your next adventure (whether intergalactic or closer to home) will be better for it.

How Berned Is Bernie Sanders By The DNC Data Breach?
In New York, they say, money is power. In Washington, it’s who you know. If you’re running for president, it’s who you’re hoping to get to know ...

Target tipped in plan to launch mobile payment system
Target is looking into launching its own mobile payment system, according to sources. The company is tipped in the early stages of its effort, ...

Jeb Bush: Why yes, my campaign is looking into what would happen if I refused to keep my pledge to back ...
By “what would happen,” I mean what would happen to his own candidacy. Some state GOPs require candidates to pledge to support the eventual nominee ...

Pharma Bro Martin Shkreli Is Running Live Stream of Himself Today Because, Really, Why Not
Martin Shkreli , one of the most hated people in America right now, set up a live stream of his day because why the hell not. Shkreli’s first ...

US school district shut after threats over Arabic homework
It underlined simmering anti-Islamic sentiment in the United States following last month's shooting massacre in California by a married Muslim ...

New York Times public editor: The worst job in journalism?
The New York Times (AP photo) You really don’t want to replace Margaret Sullivan. Being public editor of The New York Times may be the worst ...

Ted Cruz fires another shot at Marco Rubio in battle over immigration
MECHANICSVILLE, Va. — Sen. Ted Cruz defended his record on amnesty for undocumented immigrants at a rally in Virginia on Friday, while at the ...

Jason Day’s wife released from hospital after LeBron James crash landing - Sport - The Guardian
Ellie Day, the wife of the US PGA champion Jason Day, has been released from hospital after being on the receiving end of a LeBron James crash ...

I'm Single and Childless and You Don't Want My Christmas Card
The other day, I had a bit of spare time on my hands and was feeling quite antsy. My sister asked: “Why don’t you write your Christmas cards?” ...