can i drag the selected value of dropdown list in one web part to another web part

hi,

supose i am having time displaying in on webpart

can i drag the value of time to another web part and and display

the time is: and the value draged from the other webpart

so i want to drag the value year and population into antoher web part and according to that the grap must appear

i.e what  i exactly want is i must drag some value from one webpart to onother webpart and according to event

some thing must happen in another web part

0
mrajeshbabu
8/3/2007 11:00:24 AM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The problem has been replied in the following post:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1141884.aspx

But from the title you described, do you want to transfer the value in one webpart to another one? If so, this is a WebPart Communication problem. ASP.Net has Connection Zone to handle that, please refer the following link:

http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/webparts/connectionzone.aspx

Thanks.

Michael Jin.
Microsoft Online Community Support

Nai

can i drag an image from one web part to another web part
hi can i drag an image from one web part to another web part i.e if i am having an image in one web part i must drag the web part and drop it in the other web part  is it possible or not pls tell me if possible give me how thanks Hi, The image control is also a standard control. WebPartManager will wrap it as a genericWebParts. What you are draging is a WebPart, not a image control. I know what you want is discarding the frame border of the WebPart control, actually you can achieve it by setting the ChromeType property of WebPart to PartChromeType.None...

List web parts and web part zones from another page
Hi I'm working on an administration page that clones the content of a page within our cms. Thats the easy bit. The difficult bit is I want to be able to clone the webparts, their locations and their content that are on said page. I've been looking at the SqlPersonalizationProvider but dont think i can solve my problem by calling anything within that. I've also been looking at the webpartmanager and there does not seem to be a way of calling the methods within this class to get the content of a different page. Does anyone have any ideas how i would get the web part inform...

Web part Personalization and Web part custom designing
  Hi all          1. I m using a GridView control in my Web Part. In that GridView i control the columns to be displayed by generating queries in run time. In my page i have six GridView controls in six web parts. Each user can customize their GridView columns. My actual requirement is i want to get the each individual user customized details when they logged in again.How can I done this plz give me a suggestion by code.    2. I want to display my web part have a rounded corner title. how can I done this. I a...

Refreshing contents of other web part zone when change happens in one web part
Hi, This may be simple but since I m new to VS Studio 2005. I have situation like this. Any help would be appriciated. I have 2 web part zone in in apage and each webpart zone is having panel and iframe inside the panel. I am doing some operations on src of the frame in webpart zone1 and it goes to some other page in same zone and after I am done on other page I am comming back to the original page . It si working fine. But what i want ot do is  want to refresh the contents of frames in other webpart so that they can pick the informatiom database and refresh the content. Since conten...

Can i drag the values between two web parts
hi   i have tweo web parts in a web page and in web part i am having a label control where the text is Rajesh can i drag the value Rajesh to another web part and drop it there.   Thanks in advance Hi mrajeshbabu, I remember this kind of question has been replied in the previous posts. First, only WebPart controls (in your case: Label) can be draged and droped, and it can only be draged and droped between WebPartZones. Second, in your case, you only can drag the value(Rajesh) with WebPart controls(Label), you can't split them. These are by design. The following ...

Is it possible to embed part of one web page into another web page?
Any answers will be highly appreciated.  Thanks. If you can adjust the page you want to embed onto the other page, you could use a .ascx (web forms control).  Then you can add controls to it and just drag and drop it using VS.NET from the Solution Explorer window to the webform.  You can then also embed it onto other pages in that same web project easily by drag n drop.  I hope this helps, it's not exactly a portion of a web page but may be an acceptable alternative for you.Rachel AppelMVP - ASPInsider In order to better answer this, I could use some details as ...

Atlas and Web Parts / Web Part Framework
How is Microsoft differentiating Atlas from Web Parts and the Web Part Framework? Which is the right one to use when? Web Parts provide a rich infrastructure in ASP.NET to build composite, personalized application UI from individual components. Atlas provides a richer environment in the browser client for application UI to run more interactively. These are complementary technologies. In the future, web parts and Atlas will work together in a couple of important ways. First, the web parts infrastructure will take advantage of Atlas to provide even richer client-side intera...

Enumerating all the web parts on a page
I have a web part that needs to examine every other web part on a given page for info. I've tried two approaches, but neither seems to be the answer I'm looking for. First, I tried getting a reference to Parent (which returns the WebPartManager) and enumerating through it's Controls (or WebParts) collection. This almost works - it gives me every web part in the same WebPartZone as my web part. But it doesn't give me all the web parts in the other zones. Example:            WebPartManager wpm = (WebPartManager)this.Pa...

Simple way to copy web part personalization info from one page to another.
There may be a more elegant solution, but I’ve found that I can slightly extend the SqlPersonalizationProvider class provided by Fredrik Normen (see: http://fredrik.nsquared2.com/viewpost.aspx?PostID=266)  to effectively copy personalization information from one page to another.    My need was fairly specific, and the code below reflects that. However, I’m sure the concept can be generalized and applied to other situations.  Note, for example, that the solution given here applies specifically to “user” scoped personalization.   In my case, I have a single t...

Web part in MOSS not showing in the "Add Web Parts" web page dialog in the nested sites
hey guys,  I created a web part and it seems to work fine ( I followed  the Sahil's article: http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/webforms/article.php/c12293__1/)I added the web part using the page:_layouts/NewDwp.aspx located in the profiles site, which is http://ServerName/sites/MySite/then I asked a coworker to try the web part, he went to his profile, click in Site Actions, Edit page, Add a Web Part and he wasn't able to see it in the list, so he needed to go to Site Settings -> Web Parts -> New -> check the web part and click on Populate Gallery. S...

Web part performance concern as # of available web parts increase
Perhaps I'm missing a certain element to the Web part framework. I'm slowly scaling up the number of Web parts that I have on a particular page that I have. It's not completely impossible for me to think of this page eventually having tens of Web parts available for looking at little cross sections of data in the system to provide a dashboard. Of course, a user may only have 10 or so visible. I only have four parts on my page right now within WebPartZones. What I notice is that even if my personalization settings have various WebParts configured as not to show, it runs through the data ...

Web parts: upcoming deadline for Snippets, update on Web Parts
Hi, quick update on Web parts, since the release date for Northern Spring Campaign is approaching fast. iOS won't be released on June 2nd, we'll try to reuse as many strings as possible (if not all of them) from the existing work that it will happen. *Snippets - 25 May* A few locales (ja, pl, ru) still have a pending request for snippets. Some of them are about iOS, so they won't be used in this campaign, but it's important to have them on file for the future. *Campaign - 2 Jun* The campaign is spread across several files with small updates. The removal of...

how can i bind the first part of e_mail in one text-box and second part means after @ part in another text-box?
i have tried but i got failure.I have tried to bind e-mail from database into textbox but now i want to separate first part of e_mail before @ in one text-box when i will enter data in one text-box and after @ part it should go to another text-box automatically. If you can access it from codebehind you just need to perform a .Split("@") on the emailstring and assign index 0 to one textbox and index 1 to the other....

Web resources about - can i drag the selected value of dropdown list in one web part to another web part - asp.net.personalization

Portal:Law/Nominate/Selected article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Add the article in to a subpage of this portal, such as Portal:Law/Selected article/# , replacing the "#" with the number above the current highest. ...

F8: Facebook’s FbStart Initiative Will Give Selected Developers A $30K Kick-Start
... successful applications is likely a whole lot easier with $30,000 in free tools and services to start off with, and that’s exactly what selected ...

LEGO Shop - The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner... - Facebook
The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner of the Co-Creation Challenge! LEGO will be producing a limited run of 20,000 of this stunning set.... ...

baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Selected Cheney Vice Presidential Photographs
... for photos found within these albums are Paul Morse, Karen Ballard, Kimberlee Hewitt, Shealah Craighead, and Chris Greenberg. These selected ...

[iOS Advice] How To Clarify Your Email Replies By Quoting Selected Text - YouTube
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/macmixing RATE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! :-) ...

Local farmers to sell their fresh dates at selected supermarkets
Fresh dates will be on sale this summer under the label of Local Harvest at selected supermarkets and Spinney's.

Animal of the Day: Lucius Has Been Selected as the U.K.’s ‘Happiest Cat’
He’s got one blue eye, one green eye and a heart of gold. British mobile phone company O2 recently held some “cat auditions” to find “the UK’s ...

Michael Sam becomes first openly gay player selected in an NFL Draft
Defensive end Michael Sam of the University of Missouri became the first openly gay player to be selected in a National Football League Draft ...

Artist facing child pornography charges selected for MCA exhibition
An artist facing child pornography charges has been selected to show work in a prestigious exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia. ...