Accessing Profile of users other than current user.

I want to access profile of other users. I want to allow my members to visit other members profile. I am not going to disply the senstive information. The default sql profile provider access to profile of current user only.

0
Dr
4/13/2008 9:47:29 AM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi

you need to use the getProfile function as follows:

ProfileCommon UserProfile = Profile.GetProfile(UserName);

UserProfile.PropertyName1=....

Please read this related thread :

http://forums.asp.net/p/1243638/2279740.aspx

Regards,

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas
4/13/2008 10:49:52 AM

Dr. Aabdullah :

I want to access profile of other users. I want to allow my members to visit other members profile. I am not going to disply the senstive information. The default sql profile provider access to profile of current user only.

Hi Dr. Aabdullah ,

Please refer to this link below

http://blogs.bdnet.co.uk/brad/archive/2008/02/04/ASP.NET-Accessing-other-Users-Profiles.aspx

Regards,Vinz

vinz

how do I reteive the profile of a specific user that is not the current logged in user?
I am trying to retreive the profile for a specific user without that user being the current logged in user. I am in a class module and I have tried that but did not work:Dim UserGenProfile As ProfileInfo Dim reccount As IntegerUserGenProfile = ProfileManager.FindProfilesByUserName(ProfileAuthenticationOption.Authenticated, UserName, 0, 1, reccount).Item(0)   Hi Try to implemnt this piece of code ProfileCommon profile = Profile.GetProfile("MyUserName"); string name = profile.Name;Avantha SiriwardanaBeware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not...

how can I reteive the profile of a user that is NOT the current loggedin user on the client?
with the asp.net ajax....  I have read the documentation about the profile servie but it seems everywhere it always says :" this loads the profile of the CURRENT user etc...   where I would want to access profile properties of other users as well how? is it possible?   yes you can... the whole data is stored in a standard table for profile provider which is aspnet_Profile, you can communicate with it like any other tabel (insert, update & delete)...Regards...Nassar, RamiMy Blog || E-Mail Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that he...

Single Users Profile and All Users Profiles List
I've made a discussion forum. And I have also installed simply asp.net membership. Now I want after click on user link to redirect to the page with User's info.I have simply user "John" and user "Bob" and everyone can click on those names and will see page with informations stored in Profile (Like Profile.Name, Profile.Address). I have three simply question:1. How to show profile values of other User ? Like I wrote above.2. How to list all users with for example their e-mails ? I mean: UserLogin - UserName - UserMail3. Or the easier way is to make new table with those all information an...

Accessing user profile properties for every user of the system, not just he/she whom is logged in.
Okay,on application_start i have to refresh the roles and users of a system.  one of the roles is basically created to contain every user who resides inside an active directory group.  Creating the users like this is fine but what i also need to do is have a custom profile property (which has been defined in the web.config) and make that equal to the givenName property of the DirectoryEntry object i got back from AD.Question is, how do i get access to that property?to clarify, what i'm essentially trying to do is this- if (username != null && !Roles.IsUserInRole(us...

User and User Profile Storage
How would you handle these situations? 1st Situation Storing user and user's profile information in the database. I have two ideas to handle this. #1) Store all the users information in one table #2) Store only the information needed to login the user in the user table, and have a userProfile table to store the rest of the user's profile information. Why? #1) Easy to build queries for, but will cause more overhead when the user is simply logging in. However, it will cause a lower overhead when looking up a user's profile information, as there will be no need to do table jo...

CURRENT USER and LAST USER
I have a databse that started life under ASA 5 and has been unloaded and reloaded in every version up to ASA 9.02. I have various fields with a default of CURRENT USER. These get filled with the name of the currently logged in user when a record is UPDATE-ed. However any new tables I add containing a field with default CURRENT USER does not get altered during and UPDATE. To do that I need to make it DEFAULT LAST USER. When did this happen? More importantly how come the old CURRENT USER fields carry on doing what they always did even though they look idential to a new CURRE...

User Wordlist in User-Profile
high i saw in the TID10080800 that it is possible to point the User Word-List in example to a network drive like H:\\WT61US.UWL. how can i point it to the Userprofile like C:\Document and Setting\%USER%\\WT61US.UWL so it is copied to the server everytime the user logs out, but it is local for the notebook user's ? i dont now how to set it in the registry, that it point to the User-Profile. thanks Sascha Sascha, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has you...

Edit/Save selected user's Profile ( instead of currently logged in user)

WebPart Personalization Error(The specified display mode is currently disabled on this page. Make sure personalization is enabled for the current user)
Hi All, I am facing the problem, when I am selecting"Edit" from dropdown, In that case webpart manager is generating the error: "  The specified display mode is currently disabled on this page. Make sure personalization is enabled for the current user.Parameter name: value Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The specified display mode is currently disabled on...

Accessing User.ProviderUserKey through Page.User
I'm currently using the standard SqlMembershipProvider that ships with ASP.NET.  I have used the aspnet_regsql tool to add the membership tables to my database.  I would like to access User.ProviderUserKey on my pages and I'm wondering what the best way of doing this is. Let me explain... Most tables in my database have a UserId (uniqueidentifier) column that stores the UserId of the user who contributed each row into the table.  In my pages that provide insert functionality I would like to just call the Insert method passing a reference to either my user or just the u...

get User ID from current user
hi, i'm trying to log database activity. therefore i need the user-id of the currently logged-in user. For the login i used the login-controls that come with VWD and set up a MS SQL Server 2000 Database for data storage. That part works fine, but i've found no way to get the id.i'd be glad for some hints.Thx, SönkeP.S.: found things linke user.identity.name and membershipuser.providerkey (or sth) - but this didn't help me. Are you aware of where the users are stored in the database?  Did you configure the personalization providers from the default?  If not, open up ASPNETDB.MDF a...

updating user data of current user
Hey I would like to know if someone can direct me to code  samples on how to update data of current logged in user, coming from labels and textboxes thats typed in by the current logged in user!I would apprecaite this so much, I have been hitting my head trying to figure this out for about 12 long hours...Thank you so much  Do you program with C# or VB? I assume that you have a table (outside of the Membership database table) that holds the fields that you want to have updated data.  Is this the case? Also, I'm thinking you will just be getting update values from textb...

user table/user profile ques
hi i have my own user table with user profiles, password etc...how to merge it with the dnn user table... is there any way. i am confused as it seems i wil have to create 100's of user in order to make dnn fucntioning for al the usersany inputs on this?thanks somebody must have faced some issues ref the same?/// anyone has any idea..   pls suggest i am stil looking for any info /feedback if anyone can giveit will be a big helpthanks In general, it is possible in DNN3 by writing your own membership provider, replacing the original Microsoft membership provider, that is used as a...

Modify User Information / User Profile
I have been rooting around looking for the answer... with no luck... I want to modify the User Information / User Profile collected, for example delete MSN, AIM and Yahoo and add City, State and Zip. Where is this? Is it right in front of my nose? Thanks in advance, (again). The table in the DB is the Community_Users table. You will have to either extend this table, or create a new table using a foreign key relationship to the users table to hold your new fields. You probably don't need to mod any stored proc though since the profile procedures use select * (bad design, but ...

Web resources about - Accessing Profile of users other than current user. - asp.net.personalization

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...