How is the default Role for a new registered user set?

I've been digging through the C# Personal Site Starter Kit code, and I cant seem to figure out how it assigns roles to new users.

How is this determined?

And how would one configure this?

thanks
0
sixside
1/18/2006 11:43:33 PM
asp.net.personal-site-kit 1290 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It doesn't add roles to users, you do. Go to the file menu in VWD and select Website -> ASP.NET Configuration. You will then be presented with a web site where you can add roles, users, approve users, and add users to roles.

Alternatively you can add some code to the registration page that adds the registered users to the "Friends" role. You will have to set the CreateUserWizard property of "DisableCreatedUser" to False in order to have the user immediately be able to log in and access protected content.

Rob

0
rgibson69
1/20/2006 5:45:53 PM
I use my old school way sql command to approve use in database directly.
Sue's edream - www.edream.org

0
suegooge
1/20/2006 6:19:01 PM

I wonder if you would be kind enough to share the details of this solution you have used. Did you execute 1 or more of the stored procedures, or just enter your own sql commands?

Thank you for your time.

0
laghu
1/23/2006 8:30:32 AM

I just enter sql commands. I used Access database 2002, at wok I have only Access 97 which not work with my DB. sql command is the only way I can modify my database at work.

It works fine if you don't have high volumn data need to change frequently. Otherwise it will be really painful.

Sue's edream - www.edream.org

0
suegooge

allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc
Hi Hi All Im looking for a solution which will allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc, so that the registered primary user becomes an administrator for the other users they create.   In short, I am not good enough to create this my self, so if anyone knows of an off the shelf solution that  exists, or what this type of thing is know as so I can find it via a web search, I’d be most grateful as I’m not having much luck so far   Thanks   odxsigma   Hello yes , there is somethi...

How to set a default role for new users?
Sorry if this question has been asked before but I was unable to find it. How do I assing a default role like "guest" to new users? I am using the CreateUserWizard to let new members enter their information. If you look at the starter kits, (like the club starter kit) they automatically create the roles in the global.asax file in case they are not there. Then, in the createuserwizard's "CreatedUser" event, you add code that assigns the role to the current user. something like: Roles.AddUserToRole(CreateUserWizard1.UserName, AvailableRoles.Items[i].Value);    http://weblogs...

Creating User Account Without Default Security Role (Registered User Role)
  My DNN version is 3.1.1. The portal is set to Private Registration. Unauthenicated users have access to the basic pages of the site. We require my company's current customers to register and be approved to have access to all other pages that contain information restricted to them (the major part of the site). As you know, authorizing a user account applys the Registered User security role by default and this is how I control access to the customer areas.  We want to create a page that will be used by Marketing to allow potential customers by login to...

Set default settings for new users
I don't know if this is even possible, but here goes. I have about 5 users for our desktop computer, 1 adult, 3 kids and me (I don't count as an adult :P). There are some settings I want to have each of the environments default to, where they can then change them as they wish on their own. Instead of setting them one-at-a-time, is there a way to modify the settings on the template of what goes into a user's /home directory when they are created? Examples: Set it so when I add a person to the system their - default browser is set to Firefox - starting home ...

Login controls
HiI'm building a web app in visual studio 2005 and I'm setting up a 'create user' page for the admin part of the app. I'm creating a customised CreateUserWizard so that I can add a user to the asp.net membership list (in database on my server) and also add some info to one of my tables (user first name, faculty they work for etc).  I want to be able to let the admin user allocate roles (those already defined in my config) from a drop down list. I want to inculde this in my create user wizard, and have an 'update user' section where I can change their role the...

Users and Settings section of the Manage page on the Personal Web Site Starter Kit
This paragraph is from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms972963.aspx#pws_topic2 : When users register for your personal web site they will be placed in the list of users found in the ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool. You can get to this tool by clicking the ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool link from the Users and Settings section of the Manage page in the application. The other way to pull up this page is to click the appropriate button in the Visual Studio Solution Explorer or by selecting Website, then selecting ASP.NET Configuration. I cannot find Users and Settings...

How to Set VWD 2008 Express Default .Net Framework Target for New Sites
I'd like to be able to tell VWD 2008 Express that the default target framework for new websites should be 2.0 Currently when I try to start a new website the only option is 3.5.  Someone showed me how to get to the property pages for a new site and THEN change it.  But I'd like to have it build for 2.0 from the very beginning for EVERY new site. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance!-- the right relationship is everything -- Whe you do File | New | Web site, there is a dropdown on top of the dialog that allows you to select target framework for the new site.Tha...

3.0.11
I've noticed with the default install new users get the 'Subscriber' role in addition to the 'Registered User' role. Is this correct? Should the 'Subscriber' role be reserved for paying users (and not be default), if not why do you need both?DNNDesigner - Free Editor, Free Compact Control Panel, Free Designer Objects and 60+ Skins From Only $1...

Default role for new users
 is there a way to set up a default role for new registrations? Example assign them automatically to the "Members" role? How about like this? protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e) { Roles.AddUserToRole(CreateUserWizard1.UserName, "Members"); }Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET ok. will try that. thanks.:)Dot Net Rocks!!! ...

Is there a default role for a new user?
Hi Simple really – when a new user registers via the CreateUserWizard web control, are they assigned to a role? Is there a way of setting this? What’s the default? Thanks in advanceRichard no roles are assigned by default.  You'd want to add the role in the createduser event, something like this: <%@ Page Language="C#" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <script runat="server"> protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e) { Roles.AddUserToRole(...

setting a default role for a user
Is it possible to set a default role for someone once they've filled in the form from the create user wizard? For instance if once you successfully entered all the data and clicked the buttob your default role would be  set to user.'user'. If so, how can I accomplish this. Also I am using VS 2005 to build the website and I am using the MySql Membership providers. Hi Sojan, Use the Created User Event of CreateUserWizard and assign newly created user to "User" Role protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e)    &nb...

How to implement registered user(s) predefine role when user register?
Hello everyone, I would like to know how to implement a predefine role to users who register on the site without changing manually each role for the user. Example: "All Users" is used even after the person registered on the site. "Admin" has access to all. So how would I go about implementing another role "AuthUsers" when Anonymous users enrolled on the site and immediately become "AuthUsers"? I've simply added some code to my AddUser sproc that adds them to a specific RoleID. Here it is in its entirety: CREATE Proced...

setting default theme for new user
Hi all, I want to distribute SM to a bunch of users. I used mozilla.cfg to set prefs, configured default bookmarks and installed Extensions globally. Thanks to http://www.alain.knaff.lu/howto/MozillaCustomization/ But I didn't find a way to choose the default theme for new users. Any way to achieve this? BTW Is there anything like Firefox CCK (Client Customization Kit) for Seamonkey? Thanks, Jan ...

a default role for users registering on my website
Hello, How can i set a default role for users who register on my website? thanks To assign a default role with the createuserwizard addProtected Sub CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Roles.AddUserToRole(CreateUserWizard1.UserName, "WebUser") End Sub Default role is "WebUser" You also need to add OnCreatedUser="CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser" within the <asp:CreateUserWizard tag. Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that h...

Web resources about - How is the default Role for a new registered user set? - asp.net.personal-site-kit

Registered mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Registered mail describes letters, packets or other postal documents considered valuable and in need of a chain of custody that provides more ...

Facebook Studio Edge URLs Registered
On the same day that Facebook introduced its new Camera iPhone application, three domain names based on Facebook Studio Edge were registered ...

Vevo doubles registered user count since switching to Facebook-only login; CEO hints at further integration ...
Music video service Vevo has doubled its total registered users as a result of switching to Facebook-only login and adding more personalized ...

How many registered users does NYTimes.com have?
There are some updates to this page that haven't been applied yet because you've entered some data into a form. You can refresh this page to ...

All sizes - German-registered RV in Canada - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A Tony Baroni Luxury Exclusive: The Oldest Registered Home in Hillsborough County, Florida - YouTube
12401 Calusa Lane Thonotosassa, FL 33592 MLS# T2712012 Description: Welcome to Mimosa Groves on 5 Acres of Peaceful Paradise located on Lake ...

Debtors likely to be arrested on entry into the UAE if cases have been registered
If there are cases registered the debt must be repaid in full before the case can be cancelled.

Paris attacker was registered refugee - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris was registered as a refugee ...

Computer consultant already registered as sex offender jailed for child pornography offences
A &quot;depraved&quot; computer consultant has been jailed for charges that included disguising a child pornography virus on schoolboys' Facebook ...