Disable register user page for registered users

i am working on my personal website using personal website site kit. every thing is working fine. but the register page or the option is available for registered users also which i dont want. i have very little knowledge of .net so may be this seems like a stupid problem, but please reply if u have a solution for this.

thankyou.

nasirmulani@gmail.com

Nasir Mulani
0
nasirmulani
12/25/2006 7:06:09 AM
asp.net.personal-site-kit 1290 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you wish to remove the Register menu item, you can edit the web.sitemap and either remove the line referencing the Register.aspx page, or comment it out.
Jeremy

Extended Personal Site Starter kit
0
jwadsworth
12/25/2006 8:14:12 PM

Jeremy i am using ur pss kit on my website, i dont want to disable user registration, i only want it to be disable for the users who are already logged in. like if i am logged in with username abcd, the register option is still available and i able to register a new user, which is very very wrong. The registration option should be disabled for logged in users. this happens on ur pss website also. please can u post a solution.

thanks

Nasir Mulani
0
nasirmulani
12/26/2006 3:56:36 AM
Nasirmulani, I just opened the Personol Site this minute so......I haven't had a chance to look at the code much. But their is a simply way to accomplish what you want to do. First I would remove the "Registered" links from the web.sitemap or web.config files. I won't go into the details on how to do this. If your using VWD... then you can place a "loginview" control anywhere on your page. The "LoginView" gives you two views (1) anonymous template and (2)Logged in Template. Google for the full story! It allows you to have one view for people who aren't logged in and one for those that are. So in the control you would drag a hyperlink named "register" (link this to your "register.aspx page") and next to it a login control(in the anonymous template) and for the Logged-in Template...maybe a Log-in status control and a log-in name control. I managed to get this to work perfect by removing the "Login" link in the sitemappath and putting the login view right there. I dragged a "panel control" over then I dragged a "login view into it. This was just a quick example to test it as I wrote this!
Jer
0
devinmccloud
12/26/2006 8:53:46 AM

Ok....So since their is already a login box on the right side of the page ....I decided I had no use for the "Anonymous Template" with the register and "login" links. So using the "black theme" (for the site) below the menu I added a "loginview controls". In the "Logged in" view I added a "Login Status" and a "Login Name" control. I left the "Anonymous" view empty. This gives you the ability to login from the left-hand side login control and once logged-in you will see [username] Logout, giving you the ability to logout. Now if you want to stop registration completely you can simply delete the register button in VWD in designer mode. Then remove the tab "Register from your web.sitemap file. Now no one will be able to register except you or accounts that you add manually.

Loged In: Here

Logged Out: Here

Jer
0
devinmccloud
12/26/2006 11:35:32 AM

Complete lack of sleep...sorry completely misunderstood the question.

Jer
0
devinmccloud
12/26/2006 11:52:22 AM
yes u stil havent got the problem. i want to disable the link register in upper right corner or for that matter the registration process for already logged in user not for every one. did u get it
Nasir Mulani
0
nasirmulani
12/26/2006 2:03:14 PM

Hi Nasir,

You mention you have very little knowledge of .net.   And you want to disable the link "Register" for users already logged in.  This requires more knowledge.  If you want to disable the link, to change the web.sitemap file and change the SiteMapPath object called "menua " on the Default.master page.

I suggest doing this in a test environment because you would really hose your site.

When you right click on the object in design mode, you can edit the template.

Instead of 2 static conditions, you want to create a 3rd, which excludes "Register" for Users already logged in.

Does this help?

0
sulikai2003
12/27/2006 8:56:31 PM

sulikai2003  your reply help me little and after some work i reached at the code below

Protected

Sub menua_MenuItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.MenuEventArgs) Handles menua.MenuItemDataBound

' Check for the Register menu item

If e.Item.Text = "Register" Then

' Set the visibility of the Register menu item based on site settings from db

If   =============  True Then

e.Item.Parent.ChildItems.Remove(e.Item)

End If

End If

End Sub

End

Class

this part of code wil solve my problem but the problem is wat condition to be put in place of  ============ . i tried putting this  '

If User.Identity.IsAuthenticated Then ' but it says user is not declared. sulikai may be u can solve this problem with your .net skills

thankyou.

Nasir Mulani
0
nasirmulani
12/28/2006 11:58:53 AM
The problem has been solved i use this condition  'Context.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated = True' in place of   =====   and now the register option in not available for registered users.  Thankyou for all those who replyed and commented on this thread and helped me solve the problem.
Nasir Mulani
0
nasirmulani

How to implement registered user(s) predefine role when user register?
Hello everyone, I would like to know how to implement a predefine role to users who register on the site without changing manually each role for the user. Example: "All Users" is used even after the person registered on the site. "Admin" has access to all. So how would I go about implementing another role "AuthUsers" when Anonymous users enrolled on the site and immediately become "AuthUsers"? I've simply added some code to my AddUser sproc that adds them to a specific RoleID. Here it is in its entirety: CREATE Proced...

Need: Registered User Personal Home Page
I am in the process of creating a social network site similar to the MySpace concept but for a specific area/nationality.  I am using a couple of Scott Mculloch’s modules including NewArticles and Private Messages to allow users to interact.  I am also using Active Forum from Active Modules. I would like to find a module or pay someone to develop one that would allow people to create and customize their own personal homepage on the site.  It would give them the ability to post pictures and descriptions of them including a bio and their likes etc.  They would be ...

How do users become Registered users?
Hi, On my intranet 2.12 portal, I imported all users to the users table. Everything works fine, users can log in etc. But when logged in users don’t seem to become member of the registered user group (I mean, logged in users don’t have access to pages set for that group) I messed with the database and settings, so probably I overlooked something) Anybody knows how that could be, or could someone tell me how this mechanism works. dik mus http://www.musit.nl Aloha, When users register manually through the site they are added to the 'Registered Users' role automatical...

Paypal and "Registered Users" (Cant edit Security settings for "Registered Users"
I would like to have people pay to be "Registered Users".On the "Edit Security Roles", "Advanced Settings", I can see "Service Fee", and similar settings.But I cant edit anything!The goal is to have PayPal payment on registration, and to have only one type of registered users...(Nor "Registered Users" and "Subscribers")ThanksOlav ...

allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc
Hi Hi All Im looking for a solution which will allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc, so that the registered primary user becomes an administrator for the other users they create.   In short, I am not good enough to create this my self, so if anyone knows of an off the shelf solution that  exists, or what this type of thing is know as so I can find it via a web search, I’d be most grateful as I’m not having much luck so far   Thanks   odxsigma   Hello yes , there is somethi...

Migrate Anonymous user to Registered user
If I am using anonymous identification,  a user can log on as anonymous user. To migrate this user to a registered user, I will use Profile OnMigrateAnonymoue event which is called by the framework when AnonymousIdentification_OnRemove event is called. How and When AnonymousIdentification_OnRemove  event is called? Any good article on this?  Thanks.   Please remember to Mark this post as Answered if it serves your purpose so that issue can be closed and others can refer. Hi SKVSKV, Here are some Microsoft web resources which introduce the Profile Properti...

Making an anonymous user to a registered user
Hi  I have enabled anonymous users to allow to use the profile. I can see that the user is created in the aspnet_users table which is great.  What I would like to do is when the user clicks on save I would like to make that user a registered user; meaning adding to the membership class. The new page will direct the user to "Edit Profile" page where they can set their password and other details. Thank you  clekkas: What I would like to do is when the user clicks on save I would like to make that user a registered user; meaning adding to the membership class....

Users and Settings section of the Manage page on the Personal Web Site Starter Kit
This paragraph is from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms972963.aspx#pws_topic2 : When users register for your personal web site they will be placed in the list of users found in the ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool. You can get to this tool by clicking the ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool link from the Users and Settings section of the Manage page in the application. The other way to pull up this page is to click the appropriate button in the Visual Studio Solution Explorer or by selecting Website, then selecting ASP.NET Configuration. I cannot find Users and Settings...

How to move from the login page to a 'registered user' page...
Hi all: I've created two home pages: One for unregistered users, and one for registered users. The main reason for doing this was so there could be a login module on the home page, and a page for registered users that did not have it. Of course, once the client decided they wanted to do this, they had other changes they wanted to make, so the registered user home page I'm sure will end up quite different than the unregistered one. Here's the problem. When an unregistered user 'signs in', it returns to the unregistered user page, which they longer have 'permission' to see. The exac...

Where is the user information stored once a new user is registered?
I have created the following stored procedure to find matching data in the CMRC_Customers table in the ECommerce Starter Kit, however, it does not find customer information that I use to logon. In fact, I have retrieved the CMRC_Customers result set, and newly registered user data does not appear in this table. I know that it is stored somewhere, because, when I sign in, it says welcome, with my name. Can anyone tell me where registered user information (FullName, EmailAddress, CustomerID) is stored? Thanks.... CREATE PROCEDURE MyProcedure @full_name nvarchar(50) @email_address nvarchar(...

Time out at Registered User Page
I constantly get the following message when trying to reach the Registered User Page (Downloads) The operation has timed out An error has occurred while processing the page. Please try to refresh the page, or return to the home page. : ETNACDC01 I reported this earlier to John Kaster, but he responded that he *was* able to go to this page. Jennifer-Ashley Kuiper wrote: > I constantly get the following message when trying to reach the > Registered User Page (Downloads) Just so I am 100% clear where you are having problems, can you please confirm the URL where yo...

Difference in Permission Registered User vs Subscribed User ...
Yes, when creating a page in the permission section you can select Registered User and Subscribers. What's the difference in these 2 roles?How do I create a user that is a Registered User vs Subscriber user?Thanks ......

All Users, Registered Users and Administrators DNN2.0.x
I am trying to better understand the relationship between All Users, Registered Users and Administrators. Intuitively, I would think that ALL Users is a Superset of Registered Users and Administrators...so that if I set Edit Content on a Module to ALL Users (Only), then Registered, Non-Registered and Administrators should be able to edit content. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I am testing Alan Vance's AVCal for DNN2 and if I set Edit Module Content to ALL Users (Only), it does not let Registered Users add content. They can see the control and attempt to add an event, but ...

How to avoid the current user becoming registered user after registration
Hi All,  I am using CreateUserWizard control to register user from my admin tool. After performing registration, my web profile is automatically switching to this current user.How do I prevent to switch automatically?Reason: I am logging as admin and I just plan to add new user.Greatly appreciated for any feedbacks! Thanks,Frank Simply set LoginCreatedUser to false.Regards!^_^...

Web resources about - Disable register user page for registered users - asp.net.personal-site-kit

Registered mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Registered mail describes letters, packets or other postal documents considered valuable and in need of a chain of custody that provides more ...

Facebook Studio Edge URLs Registered
On the same day that Facebook introduced its new Camera iPhone application, three domain names based on Facebook Studio Edge were registered ...

Vevo doubles registered user count since switching to Facebook-only login; CEO hints at further integration ...
Music video service Vevo has doubled its total registered users as a result of switching to Facebook-only login and adding more personalized ...

How many registered users does NYTimes.com have?
There are some updates to this page that haven't been applied yet because you've entered some data into a form. You can refresh this page to ...

All sizes - German-registered RV in Canada - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A Tony Baroni Luxury Exclusive: The Oldest Registered Home in Hillsborough County, Florida - YouTube
12401 Calusa Lane Thonotosassa, FL 33592 MLS# T2712012 Description: Welcome to Mimosa Groves on 5 Acres of Peaceful Paradise located on Lake ...

Paris attacker was registered refugee - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris was registered as a refugee ...

Computer consultant already registered as sex offender jailed for child pornography offences
A "depraved" computer consultant has been jailed for charges that included disguising a child pornography virus on schoolboys' Facebook ...

Paris attacker was registered refugee
THE holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night's attacks in Paris was registered as a refugee ...

Teenage girl Melissa Mayeux registered for Major League Baseball
Melissa Mayeux is the first known female baseball player to be added to the MLB's international registration list.