connection string for Oracle database c# dot net

how to connect the oracle database from the asp.net C# code..

thanks in advance for your guidance..

0
senthil_os
10/13/2008 8:28:57 AM
asp.net.other-databases 819 articles. 0 followers. Follow

XIII
10/13/2008 12:40:40 PM

it was useful.

thanks a lot..

0
senthil_os

Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net
Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net In Windows, it would be easier to interact with Oracle by way of the service...  (I've not tried it myself, but this should work fine for a service installed on the same machine as the .net application:using System.ServiceProcess; ServiceController controller = new ServiceController(); controller.MachineName = "."; controller.ServiceName = "OracleServiceORCL"; string status = controller.Status.ToString(); // Stop the service controller.Stop(); // Start the ...

VB.NET to oracle database connection
Hello,  I've been trying for days to try to connect to oracle database but still no success, I've put the connection in the web.config in the <ConnectionString> place, created the connection on the page itself: Private sqlCon As New OleDbConnection("Provider=msdaora;Data Source=Server1/orcl2;User Id=Train;Password=Train;") but still no success, Now I'm trying to make a local connection throught Tools > Connect to database but still no success. All I get is this: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name at Could ...

Oracle Database - .NET
first of all hello and nice to see you all. this is my first post on this forum and it seems pretty useful..okay just got a small question... i have started to implement Compiere (http://www.compiere.org) in a factory 1. Installed Linux 2. Installed Oracle XE 10g what i want to do is to connect on the oracle database from VS .NET 2005 i checked ConnectionStrings.com nothing worked .. anyone got a solution for this?Did any one every connect from ASP .NET or a Windows Application on oracle running on a linux (CENTOS server)?  thankskimoo   Hi,    ...

database connection problem using C# .net 2.0
 Hi,I am learning C# .net 2.0. I use below code to connect database. But, it gave me an error message as below. Please help me. string strConn = WebConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["SqlConnectionstring"].ConnectionString;  SqlConnection objConnect = new SqlConnection(strConn);-----------------------------------------------------Server Error in '/DOTNET2005' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your...

Problem Regarding MS Access database connection in c#.net
hi friend ..i m new in this field.i m creating some basic database application in asp.net mobile for web application.but i m facing problem to set the database path dynamically .Means i dont want write whole path of my datbase file in data source.Suppose i change my path then i m changing whole path every time this is very hectic problem.So plz anyone suggest me how to set my database file dynamically .I m attached my connection of database code.Thanks And Regards.Pash Inda  protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { //All controls on this page visible to ...

Import .sql file content into oracle database using C#.NET
I have a .sql file that has insert statements in it. It can be imported into DB using sqlplus editor. The syntax is SQL> @sql file path. I want to import it through C#.NET into DB. Can anyone suggest some way? You can read whole file as string and try to execute with ExecuteNoneQuery of command object.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~Mahesh The file also contains statement...

how to connect Oracle Database in Smart Device Application using .Net Compact Framework
Edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums Dear all, I am using Smart Device Application using .Net Compact Framework & want to access Oracle database (such as inserting,updating,retrieving data from oracle database). Can anyone provide me any code (in C#) for data access or any link related to this topic? Regsrds Anirban You did not mention where your oracle database resides. One way is to write a web service where you can write all your code related to database access and manipulation. You can call this web service from your sm...

Oracle database connection using Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 2.0 framework
My connection string is in my web config file, generated when I added a sql data source.  I can go under tools and connect to database and compare the connection string there to the one in web config and they are the same but when I try to view my page which contains a gridview I get a database connection error saying  "Keyword not supported: 'unicode'."  When I remove the unicode=true parameter from the connection string then I get an error message about trying to connect to sql server.  Could someone please give me a clue on how to go about solvin...

How to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications
Hello can anyone please advise me guide me how to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications. I know how to do basic deployment but i want to know more about database connection string, Support files specific to application.   Please help--------ThanksSK Hi there,Database connections will not change too much, you will only need to change the Uid,password, server and sometimes database name.you can also create a setup file which will setup all the things. check out these:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818016 http://15seconds.com/issue/041229.htm http://www.microsoft.com/tec...

How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database?
 How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function  to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database? How can I create one method or function in csharp to be used on all pages or classes when conenction to the database? Please give an example.I have database connections which I am using on each and very page or classes, but I can I put in one page then I just start  calling it?Database connection I am using:   OracleConnection dbconnection;    this.dbconnection = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnec...

connecting to a database in VB.NET
Hi all I am trying to create a connection to database, but when i declare variable like below Dimconn As SqlConnection = Nothing Dim cmd As SqlCommand = Nothing Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet() Dim da As SqlDataAdapter = Nothing  Is giving me error,  I know that we have to include system.data.sqlclient, I did that using references, or on the top of the page, but i still get error saying: conn and cmd, error message says Error 1 'SqlConnection' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Data.SqlClient'. C:\Documents and Settings\Muba...

Web resources about - connection string for Oracle database c# dot net - asp.net.other-databases

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...