connection pool has reached maximum number of connections - using asp.net with informix 9.3

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

We have developed a application using asp .net 2.0 with Informix 9.3 and now its in the production server. However, there is a major issue when I add few records to the DB and get a error called 'connection pool has reached maximum number of connection'. Any idea on that error ?

I have also added in the web.config with the below values

Min Pool Size=5;Max Pool Size=90;Connect Timeout=15

0
vino2vijay
9/4/2008 9:07:13 AM
asp.net.other-databases 819 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Problem with Connection of Informix .NET Provider with .NET.
Hello All, I am facing problem regarding connection of .NET with IBM Informix .NET Data Provider.I got a help from IBM site of Manual to connect with .NET and accessing informix as a informix .net data provider you need to import IBM.Informix.data as a namespace to access .NET based informix classes as similar to access sql server using namespace system.data.sqlclient.In that manual written as following---- Before you use the IBM Informix .NET Provider, you must execute the script, cdotnet.sql, against the sysmaster database as the user informix. So, my problem is that...

Recycling connections in a ADO.Net connection pool
I have a requirement where I will need to get a handle on the existing connections in a particular ADO.Net connection pool (identified by the unique connection string) and close and open them one by one. This is because whenever we compile a package or stored procedure, ADO.Net does not realise this and keeps giving "Package is invalid" error. I am using ODP.Net Client 9.2.0.4. The current solution is to restart the application pool to flush the connection pool. Does anyone know how to get a list of all connection objects in the ADO.Net connection pool given a connection stri...

Connecting to ASA 9 through network with ADO.NET in VB.NET
Hi, I'm having trouble connecting to an Adaptive Server Anywhere database with the ADO Provider "ASAProv" with client computers. It works perfectly when the application is in the same computer as the database server. But when I try to connect to it from another machine, this machine opens a new ASA Database server and cannot access the database because its being used by the first computer. My connection string is Provider=ASAProv; UID=dba; PWD=sql; ServerName=GUS; DatabaseName=LCMS2; AutoStop=No; DBF=\\Gustavo\DB\LCMS2.DB How can I tell the application to use ASA ...

Connect to LAN (Was connect to NET)
Almost time for a new header, the old was getting too long and the focus is now different. So .... Story so far - Mepis 6 - setting LAN IP would upset external site addressing but the ISP hung in there without dropping the line. I have, at last, succeeded in connecting to the web via dial up AND keeping it running while seeing a LAN. I can't point directly to what I did but I did keep notes along the way as to what NOT to touch. Call it pure luck, deft fingerwork, incantations and imprecations. Next problem - 5 PC's. (5 Machine names) A, B, C, D, E. (4 are Win XP...

ADO.Net 2.0 Connectivity with Sybase 12.5.3 database
Hi, Which driver should be used to connect Sybase 12.5.3 database using ADO.NET 2.0? Also if we vision Sybase 15 will the current available driver work? Hi, You ought to start out using the ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Provider - available in the SDK 15.0 distribution - current at level 15.0 ESD#11. This driver works with 15.X and 12.5.3. -Paul <HV> wrote in message news:478d8971.5eee.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > Which driver should be used to connect Sybase 12.5.3 > database using ADO.NET 2.0? > Also if we vision Sybase 15 will the current available &g...

Timeout connecting with .NET connection object
I have a SQL Anywhere 9 database that I can connect to fine via Sybase Central or ISQL. However, when I attempt to connect using the AsaConnection object from the IAnywhere.Data.AsaClient namespace, the open connection call times out. The code works fine on my development box, but I cannot get the connection to work on the production box. Any ideas? Thanks, David ...

how to close database connection, connection pool issue
I have create a asp.net 2.0 application with mysql using the .net/connector 5.1. Most of my pages use a ObjectDataSource control and a Repeater Control. I am calling Close() on both the reader and DB connection but it appears that the connections are not closing and the connection pool gets filled up and I get an error. Does anyone know why the connections aren't closing?  Heres the function that the ObjectDataSource calls:Function myFunc(ByVal subCat As String, ByVal sortBy As String) Dim connStr As String = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("connector").Co...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

Connect to ASA 9 with .NET
Hi, i can connect very well to ASA 9 for pocket pc with pocketbuilder 2, but how can i connect to ASA 9 from Visual Studio?. Thanks. Ok, i just know how to do it. adding a dll to the project (iAnywhere.Data.AsaClient.dll) MAP escribi�: > Hi, i can connect very well to ASA 9 for pocket pc with pocketbuilder 2, > but how can i connect to ASA 9 from Visual Studio?. > > Thanks. ...

Maximum number of connection reached
Customer has the following setup: Netware 4.11 server, 6 x Windows XP Pro client, 2 x Windows 98 client. Has worked flawlessly for over a year, till recently the Windows XP machines one after the other stopped logging in and giving the error: "Maximum number of connection reached, wait for another user to logout" At this moment theres still one XP machine that log's on correctly, the other 5 have the problem. Nothing changed, no new users, no new computers, nothing to exceed the installed licenses. It doesnt make a difference if theres noone else logged in...

Connecting to database from .NET application
Hia, When connecting a .NET application to a db I understand that this can be achieved using a variety of means but I am a little 'blurred' as to these means: Q. I understand the difference between ODBC and OLE DB but when using .NET classes to access SQL Server which of these is .NET using ? Is it using ADO.NET which has underlying OLE DB access ? Q. I know how to create an ODBC connection in Admin Tools section of control panel but where would I add an OLE DB connection ? Q. Are there other data access methods other than ODBC and OLE DB used in modern day application integration with d...

connecting to a database in VB.NET
Hi all I am trying to create a connection to database, but when i declare variable like below Dimconn As SqlConnection = Nothing Dim cmd As SqlCommand = Nothing Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet() Dim da As SqlDataAdapter = Nothing  Is giving me error,  I know that we have to include system.data.sqlclient, I did that using references, or on the top of the page, but i still get error saying: conn and cmd, error message says Error 1 'SqlConnection' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Data.SqlClient'. C:\Documents and Settings\Muba...

OleDb.Net vs. ODBC.Net Connection to Oracle
I want to connect to an Oracle database, and I understand that I can use either the OleDB.Net data provider or the ODBC.Net data provider for my connection. Does it matter which one I use? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Would appreciate any input. ODBC is slower than OleDb. because ODBC has to talk to OleDbProvider then OleDbProvider will talk to Oracle Db. Instead if you are able to use OleDb straight to DB then it will be faster. If you only have THOSE choices, I would take OleDb over ODBC any day. If you are using Framework 1.1, you have the choice of using th...

How to connect to ASE where the Number of users connections reached max.
Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user connections = 100, Can we set the server to accept only 99 and leave one connection for sa. Any ideas ? Thanks RK <mc> wrote in message news:90CF65CADCBB10550052A3D485256D25.00521D4B85256D25@webforums... > > Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached > > user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user > connections = > > 100, Can we set the server to a...

Web resources about - connection pool has reached maximum number of connections - using asp.net with informix 9.3 - asp.net.other-databases

The Direct Connection

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...