what options of connection string should i use to connect to oracle

hi

I was trying to connect to my oracle server. I am getting the error

using System;

using System.Data.OracleClient;

namespace DataAccess

{

     {

           public DBconnect()

            {

                     OracleConnection oOracleConn = new OracleConnection();

                    oOracleConn.ConnectionString = "Data Source = sadev" + "User ID=scott"+"Password = tiger";

                    oOracleConn.Open();

                   oOracleConn.Close();

              }

    }

}

I am getting the error

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in system.data.oracleclient.dll

Additional information: Could not create an environment: OCIEnvCreate returned -1.

Can nyone tell me the problem ?

Is the connection string sufficient or should I use some other paramaters?

regards,
Leelaprasad.

0
oraprgm

try modifying your connection string:

oOracleConn.ConnectionString = "Data Source = sadev;User ID=scott;Password = tiger;";

--dweezil

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue = 'yes';

Records found: 0
0
dweezil
6/29/2005 8:59:20 PM
hi,
I tried to change the connectionstring but the problem still persists .
0
oraprgm
6/29/2005 9:27:29 PM

hi,

Thank you for your reply. But I am stillhaving the same problem even if i changed the connection string.

regards,

Leelaprasad

0
oraprgm
6/29/2005 10:00:30 PM
 oraprgm wrote:

hi,

Thank you for your reply. But I am stillhaving the same problem even if i changed the connection string.

regards,

Leelaprasad

Make sure the ASPNET account and the Authenicated Users group both have Read & Execute pemissions to your Oracle homes directory.

--dweezil

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue = 'yes';

Records found: 0
0
dweezil
6/30/2005 12:13:06 AM
Try this link to check your configurations.  Hope this helps.

http://www.codeguru.com/Csharp/.NET/net_asp/tutorials/article.php/c8477__1/
Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre
6/30/2005 3:54:38 AM

hy..

I too faced this problem .. but couldn't figure out the solution ! (thx to my knowledge regarding oracle !)  Anyhow , but when I installed .NET again(properly) ..it worked !

Wierd .. isn't it !

0
swastikagaur

Connection to Oracle using JDBC Connection
Hi, I'm trying to test a connection to Oracle using Jdbc driver. Can anyone provide me an example of who to this in PB? I just need to know exactly what are the parameters I need to set for the transaction Object. Thanks, Jos=e9 // Profile OracleJDBC SQLCA.DBMS =3d "JDBC" SQLCA.LogPass =3d <******> SQLCA.LogId =3d "oracleuser" SQLCA.AutoCommit =3d False SQLCA.DBParm =3d "Driver=3d'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver',URL=3d'jdbc:oracle:thin:@oraclehost:1521:orasid' ,DisableBind=3d1" > Hi, > > I'm trying ...

Connect to Oracle using Oracle Names
--27197788-12003-985187237=:188 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII Content-Language: en-GBR Hi, I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database using Oracle Names but cannot get it to work. If I add the database to tnsnames.ora it works fine. Is Oracle Names not supported and if not will it ever be supported? Ben Schol (ben_schol@hotmail.com) --27197788-12003-985187237=:188 Content-Type: TEXT/x-cdsi-msrtf; CHARSET=US-ASCII Content-ID: 0 Content-Language: en-GBR {\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl {\f0\fmodern\fcharset0 Courier New;}} \uc1\pard\lang1033\ulnone\f0\fs20 Hi...

How to Connect Oracle 10g with connection String and SqlDataSource
I want to connect Oracle Database 10g with SQLDataSource to select, update and insert the data and whats the connection string to connect Oracle Database with ASP.net, oledb, Microsoft ODBC or ASP.net ADO   http://www.connectionstrings.com/ Hi Dear, i am also looking for answer of same question.Regards,AvinashPlease don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Refer to this Sub OracleDbList_SelectedIndexChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) If OracleDbList.SelectedIndex <> -1 Then Dim db As String = OracleDbList.SelectedItem.Te...

Unable to connect the oracle database using connection cache
Hi I created a connection cache for oracle database with the following parameters in jag manager In Database connection properties tab: ------------------------------------------- Server Name = jdbc:odbc:xyz ( where xyz is the dsn name created in windows ODBC setup) User Name = bgb password = bgb In Driver properties tab: --------------------------- DLL or class name = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver JDBC option is checked In Cache properties tab: --------------------------- Enable cache-by-name access is checked I am able to ping the connection cache successfully in con...

Connecting to Oracle 8 using PB 7 Oracle Drivers
We're in the midst of testing a migration from Oracle 7.3.3 to Oracle 8. The environment is currently as follows: PowerBuilder 7.0.3 / Build 10108 SQLNet: 2.3.3 Oracle 8.1.7.3 If possible, we'd like to continue using PowerBuilder 7 interfaces to Oracle 8 (i.e. using PBO7370.DLL; DBMS = O73 Oracle 7.3). Initial tests using the Oracle 7 drivers here are successful but I'm concerned that we could run into problems later. (We're not planning on adding any Oracle 8 functionality to the applications at the moment). Is this a rather non-standard connection environ...

How to pass oracle connection string to crystal report in .net
hi all i am using reportdocument  class  of crystal report i have oracle connection string , i need to pass this connection dtring to reportdocument  ...   regards rajesh         Actually there is no need to set seperate connectionstring for crystal report, in your case you fetch some records from DB and fill into the Dataset afterwards you just pass the DataSet.Tables[0] into DataSource property of the crystal report.If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer...

connection string for Oracle database c# dot net
how to connect the oracle database from the asp.net C# code.. thanks in advance for your guidance.. Hi, take a look at: http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=oracle. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers. it was useful. thanks a lot.....

Setup ODBC connection to Oracle 10g RAC Instance using Oracle Wire Protocal
How do I configure Oracle Wire Protocol ODBC Driver to connect to an Oracle RAC 10G instance. The current odbc driver version is 4.20.00.81 The v4.2 driver does not have support for Oracle 10g features. You can use this driver to connect to an Oracle 10g server, but you won't be able to use any Oracle 10g features such as RAC or the new data types in Oracle 10g. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer ...

Problem in creating Oracle connection cache using EAServer 5.0,Oracle 10g
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am facing problem to create connection cache using Oracle.I am attaching snapshot of EAServer properties which I set. I refered query dt. 21 jul,04 topic "EAServer JDBC connection to Oracle". But it not works. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Oracle connection cache problem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=&q...

Can't connect to Oracle using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise
Hi, My test environment is Windows 2003 Enterprise with Oracle 10g Client and IIS installed. I wrote a simple asp.net page to connect to an Oracle database and display a query result in a datagrid. But can't connect to oracle. It seems that .NET can't find an oracle client. I was wondering if I miss some steps to configure .NET framework or something. Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joey Do you have ASPNET user account is added to the Oracle software installed folders/subfolders? If not please add and restart the box and see, that could solve your proble...

Checking the status oracle connection PB9.0 Oracle 9i(9.2.0.50) Lost connection problem (LAN and WAN)
Cheers to all. We want to know if there is a way to get the status of the connection with oracle databse (online way), we use native driver for Oracle9i. Some times we get some lan and wan problems that produce small lost connection in seconds, but we dont any action that describe the success problem. we need to put some code in the application that help us to know the exactly moment when these happen to take some decision something loke a monitor tool. we appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance Eduardo Primera from: Venezuela ...

Can't connect to Oracle database using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise
Hi, Our test environment is Windows 2003 enterprise with IIS and Oracle 10g client installed. I wrote a simple asp.net program to connect to a Oracle database and display the select result in a datagrid. But can't connect to Oracle. It seems .NET can't find the oracle client. Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joey...

Is it possible to connect to Oracle 10i server from PB 6.5 using oracle 8.06 as client
Hi, I am using an application developed in PB 6.5 The backend is oracle . The client is Oracle 8.0.6 and the server is oracle 9i. Now we are planning to upgrade the oracle server to 10 g. Will the application work after the upgradation,ie,will PB6.5 which is using oracle8.0.6 as client be able to connect to Oracle 10g. Thanks Anand Why do you keep asking the same question over and over? You got answers from different users, all more or less indicating 'it might, it might not'. With PB 6.5 being so old, nobody will be able to give you a definitive answer unless they ...

How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database?
 How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function  to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database? How can I create one method or function in csharp to be used on all pages or classes when conenction to the database? Please give an example.I have database connections which I am using on each and very page or classes, but I can I put in one page then I just start  calling it?Database connection I am using:   OracleConnection dbconnection;    this.dbconnection = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnec...

Web resources about - what options of connection string should i use to connect to oracle - asp.net.oracle

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in connection with the 2014 murder ...
CBS Local MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in connection with the 2014 murder ... CBS Local Raksin was shot to death walking to ...