Unspecified error Oracle error occurred...

I dont understand this problem. I have copy pasted the error below.

I'm hoping someone could help me resolve this. Thank you.

The error:

Unspecified error Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle. Data type is not supported.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified error Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle. Data type is not supported.

Source Error:

Line 78:         da = New OleDbDataAdapter(strsql, Conn)
Line 79:         ds = New DataSet("dglist")
Line 80:         da.Fill(ds, "dglist")
Line 81:         da.Dispose()
Line 82:         Conn.Close()

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\BusinessManagementSystem\Pending\PendingAuthorization.aspx.vb    Line: 80

Stack Trace:

[OleDbException (0x80004005): Unspecified error
Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle.
Data type is not supported.]
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(Int32 hr) +41
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) +174
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult) +92
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult) +65
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +112
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +69
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +5
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +36
   BusinessManagementSystem.PendingAuthorization.ListUpload() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\BusinessManagementSystem\Pending\PendingAuthorization.aspx.vb:80
   BusinessManagementSystem.PendingAuthorization.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\BusinessManagementSystem\Pending\PendingAuthorization.aspx.vb:61
kanman1

 Hello,

Please post your code.

--Anup Daware

--Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.--
0
anup_daware
4/26/2009 8:21:56 PM
Can you try to use an 'OracleCommand' instead of an Ole one and also make sure that your Sql*plus is working properly?
Many Thanks & Best Regards,
HuaMin Chen

(Mark it as answer if it does help you!)
0
wmec

Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle.
Trying to connect to an Oracle 8i database via Oledb, must use ole-db for the time being and can't use the OracleClient managed provider just yet. I have scoured the net and ensured that the oracle home var is in the env vars, and i've given necessary permissions to IUSR_ account for the ora92 directory. There were no other suggestions i could find, please help if you've come across this and the resolution. I have Oracle client version 8.1.7, win 2k pro, .Net 1.1 framework, I can post my inventory Contents if it'll help diagnose the problem. please help if you can. thanks, ro...

Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle
I have a problem with oracle while accessing from VB program and ASP/ASP.net pages. Every day first time i access the pages or program it says "Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle". after refreshing around 10 to 15 times it works properly for the day.Again in the next day same error occurrs. what could be the reason? I have multiple version of MDAC loaded in my machine, latest is MDAC 2.8. Normally it happens when i try to open the connection ie, Con.openThe quality of our thinking will determine the quality of our future I have seen ...

Oracle Error Occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle. #2
  I Have been getting the below error while running my program, The same Program was running in another system and it is not working in my computer. Could anyone tell me why this is happening? What could be the reason for this error? I am very new to .Net and C#    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException was unhandled by user codeMessage="Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle."Source="Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle"ErrorCode=-2147467259StackTrace:at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionStrin...

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

error error error

Error: 8011: An unspecified erro occured / Error 8029: Internal error creating the project
Hi, A while ago I made a project in Powersite. Some files were checked in, some remained checkedout. Now, when I want to continue on that particular project I keeping getting: "Error: 8011: An unspecified error occured." When on the other hand I try to add a new project, I get: "Error 8029: Internal error creating the project." On the other other projects keep working as expected. I'm working standalone with powersite 7 , build 300 Wondering if I did something wrong with that project ??? Any help would be appreciated, Wim ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

Error 8023: An unspecified error occurred
Hi all, I recieve this error in the tutorial when try to drag/drop from one project view back into the main project view. Everything seems to be working ok to that point. I am logged into PowerSite using the Val_M user id to do this piece with. Anyone? TIA, Ken McGuire Ken, Are you trying to follow a specific step that is in the tutorial, or are you tryfing something extra that is not specifically in the tutorial? Please provide a bit more detail, and I will try to help... Cheers, Jackie On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:13:39 -0500, "DES1" <des1@leading.net>...

Oracle Error while trying to connect to oracle tables
------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1EE17.39628160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have this program that will work for me as I have my environment = variables set properly in my .profile. Problem is, this needs to be run = by lots of people and I'm trying to avoid having all these people have = to change their .profiles to add the Oracle environment variables. Let's = just say, some of these people are at level -1 on an AIX box and I don't = have root access to make the changes myself. Here is the part ...

Error: Can't load '/cygdrive/c/Oracle/Ora81/bin/Oracle' for module DBD::Oracle...
------_=_NextPart_001_01C4BD25.2E53B509 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C4BD25.2E53B509" ------_=_NextPart_002_01C4BD25.2E53B509 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi guys, =20 Here is what's going on:=20 =20 1. I am running the latest release of CygWin on a Windows XP machine. I am not running ActiveState Perl. 2. I installed DBI and tested it. Looks like it's working fine. I typed: =20 perl -MDBI -e 0 =20 at the ...

DBD::ORACLE Dynamic Loading error for Oracle.so (libclntsh.so)
------_=_NextPart_000_01C216B5.8F45E790 Content-Type: text/plain Hi, I am having a problem installing the DBD::Oracle module on the following system: 8way Intel UnixWare 7.1.1 Oracle 8.1.7-3 Perl 5.6.1 (compiled on this system) DBI 1.28 (installed via CPAN) The error I am receiving occurs in the testing of the package: install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: dynamic linker : /bin/perl : error opening libclntsh.so.8.0 at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-svr5/DynaLoader.pm line 206. As you can ...

RE: :ORACLE Dynamic Loading error for Oracle.so (libclntsh.so)
I think I might have got a step further! I set the LD_RUN_PATH environment variable to /home/oracle/lib which is where libclntsh.so resides. Now I get a different error, look and see: PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-svr5 -I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1 -e 'use Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t t/base.......Failed to load Oracle extension and/or shared libraries: install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::...

Mapping oracle error to text string in case of errors
Use of "die" directive along with $sth->errstr prints out all internal errors. Is there any mapping in the package which would allow me to print out a meaningful text based on error returned. Error code (ORA_????) seems to be imbedded in the error string. Abhay I have a module that (among other thing) cleans up the Oracle error messages from the DBD. The gist of the subroutine is the following regex: s/(.*)\bat.*/$1/g; I leave it to you to implement. -- Ron Reidy Lead DBA Array BioPharma, Inc. -----Original Message----- From: Jain, Abhay K, ALABS [...

Getting Error Message "Can't load 'C:/Perl64/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll" While Connecting to Oracle
--755704646-1080936359-1390695547=:84331 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to configure an Oracle connection from Perl running on a Window= s 7 desktop to an Oracle 11g database running on Linux; however the databas= e connection step is failing.=0A=0AThe following line of perl code fails:= =0A=0A=A0 =A0use DBD::Oracle;=0A=0ABelow is the full error message:=0A=0ACa= n't load 'C:/Perl64/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:= load_file:%1 is not a valid Win32 application at C:/Perl64/lib/D...

Web resources about - Unspecified error Oracle error occurred... - asp.net.oracle

All Los Angeles schools closed for the day after unspecified threat
All Los Angeles schools were ordered closed on Tuesday after the district received an electronic threat to many schools, education and police ...

Reality star Josh Duggar resigns from Family Research Council citing unspecified bad behaviour - Entertainment ...
The Family Research Council has accepted the resignation of Josh Duggar in the wake of the reality TV star's apology for unspecified bad behaviour ...

BlackBerry Layoff Notices Issued To Unspecified Number Of Employees
... job cuts will affect people who made the hardware, software and applications for its phones TORONTO - BlackBerry says it's laying off an unspecified ...

Apple Delays Release Of watchOS 2 Due To Unspecified Bug
... OS. Unfortunately, it appears that those users will have to wait a bit longer, as the watchOS 2 update has been delayed due to an unspecified ...

[Update: Four Gone So Far] SEGA Will Soon Remove An Unspecified Number Of Its Old Android Games
In a cryptic blog post today, SEGA announced it plans to remove some games from its active Android catalog. Conspicuously missing from the post ...

Etc: Microsoft has ended its MIX Web-oriented conferences, in favor of a new but as-yet unspecified integrated ...
Microsoft has ended its MIX Web-oriented conferences, in favor of a new but as-yet unspecified integrated event that appeals to developers of ...

GM pouring $245M into Orion plant for unspecified new model
Filed under: Earnings/Financials , Plants/Manufacturing , GM General Motors has announced a $245-million investment to prepare its Orion Assembly ...

Report: Nissan working on unspecified improvements to Carwings in Leaf EV
Filed under: Emerging Technologies , EV/Plug-in , Nissan Fly a little higher, Carwings. Nissan has been using the communication system as a ...

The crisis of unspecified specificity
architectural conjecture :: urban speculation :: landscape futures

Teresa Heinz Kerry taken to Nantucket hospital with unspecified medical condition
Politico Teresa Heinz Kerry taken to Nantucket hospital with unspecified medical condition Boston.com Teresa Heinz Kerry, wife of US Secretary ...