Transaction Error in .net driver for oracle

hi,

I am using .net driver for oracle . in a 9i env.
i keep getting that the transaction var is not initialised .
basically i am just using the code that came with the driver(in the help file)
here is hte code::
myconnection2.Open();
mycommand2= new OracleCommand();
OracleTransaction myTrans;
myTrans = myconnection2.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel.ReadCommitted);
(line # 243 )myCommand.Transaction = myTrans;
mycommand2.CommandText = insertEmp;
Error
>>exception =System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at TestProj3.Collection.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testproj3\collection.aspx.cs:line 243System.
0
serpico1

i got it !!!-

thanks all
0
serpico1
8/8/2003 1:40:39 PM

What was it? I seem to have a same problem... Is it related to the connection timed out?
Thanks.
0
slhoang

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB
Can anyone assist me on Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB ? Thank you very much in advance. -- John Fotiadis Direct +30 94-464225 Senior Systems Engineer Relational Technology S.A. In article <34979B76.67A813A8@sybase.com.gr>, johnf@sybase.com.gr says... > Can anyone assist me on Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through > SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB ? > > Thank you very much in advance. > > -- > John Fotiadis > Direct +30 94-464225 > Senior Systems Enginee...

Where can I get native PB drivers for ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3
( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL *Net version 2.x , 32 bit implementation. All versions of PB Enterprise (5,6,7) have the native O73 driver. If you have PB Professional, you can only use ODBC to connect to Oracle. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38A8FD91.6218D227@hotmail.com... > ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL > *Net version 2...

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

OleDb.Net vs. ODBC.Net Connection to Oracle
I want to connect to an Oracle database, and I understand that I can use either the OleDB.Net data provider or the ODBC.Net data provider for my connection. Does it matter which one I use? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Would appreciate any input. ODBC is slower than OleDb. because ODBC has to talk to OleDbProvider then OleDbProvider will talk to Oracle Db. Instead if you are able to use OleDb straight to DB then it will be faster. If you only have THOSE choices, I would take OleDb over ODBC any day. If you are using Framework 1.1, you have the choice of using th...

.Net with Oracle
Anybody has tried to develop mobile app. with .Net against an Oracle database? Any idea to synchronize the data record between the database server and the client (pda) data. It will be great if you could share your codes / experience. Thanks a lot. Regards, Elton ...

vb.net function and Oracle procedure to get an Oracle Dataset??
I have similar code (a procedure and function) working perfectly with a sql server data source. I;'m trying to do the same things with Oracle, but have run into the problems.    I'm not an oracle expert, so I'm not sure if producing a cursor is my only and best  option. create or replace package body PK_RETAILER isPROCEDURE sp_Get_Order_History(v_ani IN number,output_cursor out PK_CURSORES.generic_cursor) ASBEGINopen output_cursor forselect o.account_number, p.phone, o.amount, o.name, o.init_datefrom orders ojoin users_phones p on p.account_number...

Oracle and .Net
I realize this is an open ended question.  I've written several applications that use Access databases as input.  All of my reading, writing, deleting and updating to these databases were always through Oledbconnections; then creating Sql parameter queries or just creating queries in code to manage data.  I may be getting involved with an application whose data is kept in an Oracle database.  How much different is it from obtaining data from Access databases?  Does the same theories apply:  Create a connection, open the connection, r...

Choosing Oracle Client Version with Microsoft Managed Oracle Provider For .net
We need to change the Oracle Client that the System.Data.OracleClient uses to connect to our database on a server that has multiple versions of the Oracle Client. A different application on the server that we do not have control over is requiring the default ORACLE_HOME directory to remain an older Oracle 9i version of the client. Because of this, our applications using the Managed Oracle Provider for .net are using the 9i client to connect. We have a planned Oracle upgrade for our Database that will require us to use the new 10g version of the client that is also installed on the server, bu...

Oracle connection in VS.net giving error
Hi, I am trying to add a database connection from within VS.net for an Oracle OLEDB database. The host string is "DEV1" username is "scott/tiger" then i get a TNS error . If i try to connect to the same database with toad it works.. Any ideas why this is failing.. I do not have SQL server and so will have to use Oracle for all experiments. I wanted to actually create a TDS after i connect to this database.Any help is appreciated.  Thanks and RegardsNirumaThe difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!  Hi, Cracked this. Actually instead of selecting "Microsof...

Web resources about - Transaction Error in .net driver for oracle - asp.net.oracle

Transaction cost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For example, most people, when buying or selling a stock , must pay a commission to their broker ; that commission is a transaction cost of doing ...

Mike Schroepfer, Colin Stretch, Mark Zuckerberg Detail Facebook Stock Transactions
... and CEO Mark Zuckerberg submitted Form 4 filings to the Securities and Exchange Commission Wednesday detailing their Facebook stock transactions. ...

Twitter’s Site Upgrade Reveals New Social, Transaction Possibilities for Third Parties
Twitter has launched the biggest redesign in its company history, introducing a new interface for Twitter.com that makes it easier to share and ...

Transaction Network Services - LinkedIn
Learn about working at Transaction Network Services. Join LinkedIn today for free. See who you know at Transaction Network Services, leverage ...

DocuSign Transaction Rooms (formerly Cartavi) on the App Store on iTunes
Get DocuSign Transaction Rooms (formerly Cartavi) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Largest Bitcoin Transaction Ever = $210M at today’s exchange rate
... a photo: I am so glad that my son demanded that his allowance and related monetary exchanges switch to bitcoin last year. The fixed transaction ...

IDG Contributor Network: Avoiding ginormous transaction logs with SharePoint databases
There isn’t a week that goes by that I don’t hear or read about an organization seeing ginormous transaction log (.ldf) files, while the associated ...

FTC Bans Wire Transfers, Reloadable Cash Cards, And Payment Orders In Phone Transactions
We’ve shared warnings about many different types of telemarketing scams, but they all have one thing in common: they extract money from their ...

After asking UAE bank for $3 million ransom, hacker dumps tens of thousands of customers' transactions ...
He calls himself Hacker Buba, and he's shared tens of thousands of customers' complete financial information.