There are any way to delete connection to Oracle

When I check database connection with following Oracle sql-plus command

select * from V$session
There are 11 inactive sessiones.
Is there any way to disposal oracle connection in ASP.net or is any way to avoid this happen?
Here is the code I use for make connection:
objOracleConnection = New OracleConnection()
objOracleConnection.ConnectionString = strOracleConnection
objOracleConnection.Open()
session("conn")=objOracleConnection
Where user hit logout button or session time out I use following code to close the connection:
Sub Session_End(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
dim objOracleConnection As OracleConnection = session("conn")
objOracleConnection.close()
End Sub
After session close, the connection is still be there. Why?
thanks
stevenz
0
stevenz

Most likely its because you have connection pooling turned on, and thats expected behavior.
See http://asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=217392
Cheers,
Greg
0
greg
7/3/2003 2:30:25 PM
You should also know that the version of the Oracle Client that goes with the .Net 1.0 framework has a known bug in it that will leave orphaned Oracle Connections (i.e connections not in the connection pool).  There is a special patch to fix the problem, but the best solution is to upgrade to the 1.1 version of the framework.  1.1 includes and updated versio of the Oracle Client.

0
DonXML
7/3/2003 3:12:56 PM
Thank you, But how can I turn off the pooling.

cheers, stevenz
0
stevenz
7/4/2003 10:07:06 AM

Modify your connection string to set connection pooling on or off... check oracle.com for specific.
0
slhoang

Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB
Can anyone assist me on Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB ? Thank you very much in advance. -- John Fotiadis Direct +30 94-464225 Senior Systems Engineer Relational Technology S.A. In article <34979B76.67A813A8@sybase.com.gr>, johnf@sybase.com.gr says... > Can anyone assist me on Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through > SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB ? > > Thank you very much in advance. > > -- > John Fotiadis > Direct +30 94-464225 > Senior Systems Enginee...

Connect to Oracle using Oracle Names
--27197788-12003-985187237=:188 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII Content-Language: en-GBR Hi, I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database using Oracle Names but cannot get it to work. If I add the database to tnsnames.ora it works fine. Is Oracle Names not supported and if not will it ever be supported? Ben Schol (ben_schol@hotmail.com) --27197788-12003-985187237=:188 Content-Type: TEXT/x-cdsi-msrtf; CHARSET=US-ASCII Content-ID: 0 Content-Language: en-GBR {\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl {\f0\fmodern\fcharset0 Courier New;}} \uc1\pard\lang1033\ulnone\f0\fs20 Hi...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

OleDb.Net vs. ODBC.Net Connection to Oracle
I want to connect to an Oracle database, and I understand that I can use either the OleDB.Net data provider or the ODBC.Net data provider for my connection. Does it matter which one I use? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Would appreciate any input. ODBC is slower than OleDb. because ODBC has to talk to OleDbProvider then OleDbProvider will talk to Oracle Db. Instead if you are able to use OleDb straight to DB then it will be faster. If you only have THOSE choices, I would take OleDb over ODBC any day. If you are using Framework 1.1, you have the choice of using th...

oracle connectivity with .net
I just want to make the connectivity of .net with oracle database . i just want to know the steps for it and also the connection string. also one more thing, Is oracle connectivity with .net working smothly as with mssql? Please help me .  ThanksAnkur PanditM.Tech(cse)persuingIndia  If you are familier with conncting MySql with asp.net - you need no to do much.  ankurpandit:Is oracle connectivity with .net working smothly as with mssql?  Yes, its very smooth. Once you will start digging oracle - you will feel the immense power of this RDBMS.  =============...

Connecting to Oracle 7.3 and Oracle 8
Hi, We've developed several PB applications that use Oracle 7.3. Now, we're moving some of the development to Oracle 8. We're trying to figure out how to set up developers' machines in the interim so that all applications will function normally. We have to decide which version of SQL*Net to use and which PB database interface for each application. Can we use different SQL*Net and interface on the same computer? So far, I can only use one version of SQL*Net during runtime (whichever one comes first in the system path). Also, during runtime, the PB database interface...

Oracle Error while trying to connect to oracle tables
------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1EE17.39628160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have this program that will work for me as I have my environment = variables set properly in my .profile. Problem is, this needs to be run = by lots of people and I'm trying to avoid having all these people have = to change their .profiles to add the Oracle environment variables. Let's = just say, some of these people are at level -1 on an AIX box and I don't = have root access to make the changes myself. Here is the part ...

Oracle connectivity through ODBC vs Oracle client
Hai all I m facing problem , regarding retreiving data from a datawindow having date columns in 4 digit format. By using Oracle client connection report retrived without errors but by using ODBC it gives " NO rows found". Version Details are : PB Ver 7.0.3 Build 10135 Oracle 8i Can anyone tell the solution. Regards Shweta ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Does your data order match the date order for the database. i.e.,the client may use mm/dd/yyyy on the client side and the database may use IS...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

Connecting to Oracle via Oracle Instant Client
Hi, I just downloaded the Oracle instant client v 10.2. I would like to somehow use this with one of our applications that connects to Oracle. Some of our users have the Oracle client installed, most do not. I would like to be able to use this in such a way that it is distributed with the application. Our users run our applications from a shared network drive. This is where I would like to copy the OIC dlls to. If someone could give me an example of how I could use this (along with sample code of setting up and connecting using SQLCA) I would definitely appreciate it! N...

connectivity difference between Oracle & Personal Oracle
I have a PowerBuilder (version 5.3) application running on Oracle server (on Win NT) using a native Oracle driver. That very same PowerBuilder application can also run on a similar Personal Oracle database containing the same tables etc, also using a native driver connection. .. The problem is that sometimes (not always) I get PBSTB050 errors combined with SQL32W95.DLL error when I test my application on the Personal Oracle database. The native driver connection somehow automatically uses SQL32W95.DLL to talk to the database. The PowerBuilder code however does not give any errors ...

Web resources about - There are any way to delete connection to Oracle - asp.net.oracle

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire
CNN Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire CNN (CNN) A California man was arrested Saturday in connection with a fire at a ...