System.DLLNotFoundException for OracleConnection object

Has anyone experienced this exception when trying to open a connection to an Oracle DB with the OracleConnection object? I have installed the OracleClinet software from microsoft and have the Oracle 8.1.7 drivers installed.  Thanks.
Thanks,
BLundin

Let me clarify, the .dll it cannot load is the oci.dll
Thanks,
BLundin

Do you have oci.dll? It should be in your OracleHome\bin directory.
Cheers
Greg
0
greg
7/30/2003 5:55:27 PM
Here's the answer to this problem.  If you go to your Control Panel -> User Accounts and look for ASPNET you will notice that it logs in under the Users Group.  If you go to your Oracle Home directory (usually under c:/oracle/ora92) Ora92 being the home, check the Properties -> Security. If Users or Authenticated Users does not have read and write and modify conditions then ASP.Net cannot gain access to the files under this Oracle directory and thus does not have access to the oci.dll (which is the oracle client interface).

0
gaust

How call a Oracle Function using Microsoft .Net Oracle Client (System.Data.OracleClient)?
I try to call Oracle Function in .net C# by using System.Data.OracleClient. But i am not successful. Here is my code FUNCTION TTHAO_MONTT_EXISTS ( vten varchar2) RETURN boolean IS ret boolean; montt_id integer; BEGIN ret:=false; montt_id:= -1; select monthethao_id into montt_id from TTHAO_MONTHETHAO where ten = vten; if montt_id!=-1 then ret:=true; end if; return ret; Exception when others then return false; END; I do not know, when I call function TTHAO_MONTT_E...

Oracle Error: Unable to cast object of type Oracle.DataAccess.Types.OracleDate to type System.IConvertible
I'm getting the following error when I try to convert an OracleParameter Date field to a .net Datetime field.{"Unable to cast object of type 'Oracle.DataAccess.Types.OracleDate' to type 'System.IConvertible'."} System.InvalidCastException.I've included snipets of the code.  The stored procedure it calls is working OK. I can bind it to a gridview without a problem.  What I can't do it take the return value and convert it into a .net DateTime field. I tried to convert it to a string but that only returns the date portion of th...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Here's the scenario I have a running code in my localhost using windows xp with microsoft visual studio .net 2003 installed. No problem running the application. But when I transfered the application to a windows server no microsoft visual studio .net 2003 installed. i encountered Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object ref...

Replace the .NET 1.1 Behavior-Object with the .NET 2.0 Tag-Object , How to?
Hello, to set the Style - Attribute of my custom controls tag in source view from within its designer i use now the following code:Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("Left", false, val, true);This works fine but my visual studio 2005 / asp.net 2.0 says that the Behavior object is obsolete. The recommended alternative is the Tag object. But when i use it to set the Style attribute it doesn't work . I can set all other attributes or even create new ones using this Tag object but it does'nt work for the style attribute at all. What am i doing wrong? If I can't set the style attribute in my custom contr...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'System.Data.DataView'.
I am tring to retieve a single node from my BLL code which retrieve one instane of Repot object:DataView dv = (DataView)objBoutPrep.Select();I am getting error:Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'System.Data.DataView'. The BLL code returns onle one object and not a list of objects.Please help Client code: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="objBoutPrep" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetRByID" UpdateMethod="UpdateT" TypeName="MB.K.BLL.G.Report"> <SelectParameters> <asp:Query...

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection and System.Data.Common.DbConnection
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I ran into this error: Cannot implicitly convert type 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' to 'System.Data.Common.DbConnection' It looks like that OracleConnection derives from DbConnection (in ADO.NET 2.0) and there should be any problem when I'm doing the following: DbConnection ldbConn = new OracleConnection(lstrConnString); Version of Oracle.DataAccess is 10.2.0.100 Please help. Andrey.  use IDBConnection interface, check this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms379620.aspx  Raghu(MCSD.NET, M...

Cannot access a disposed object named System.net.Sockets.NetworkStream
Hi,I have two websites in my IIS 6.0, WIndows 2003 (ASP.Net 1.1). There is a virtual directory under one which is pointing to a folder located in another server which serves as my file server. So my website has to access this file through URL. There is a mirrored account in my machine and the file server with the same username and password. I have set the "Connect As" of the virtual directory UNC to the mirror account on my machine.  When I try to access it from URL say http://mywebsite.com/virtualdirectoryFS/somefile.someextension it is returning 404 - not found. And when I d...

System.Net.Mail object HowTo: define message.From.DisplayName
Hi I couldn't find out how to define   "Message.From.DisplayName = a as String"   cause it's a readonly property. So how can I set it? Or maybe is it readonly for some events? Thanks in advance...Kaan ÖZGEN Hi, Consider This code System.Net.Mail.MailMessage mm = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage();mm.From = new System.Net.Mail.MailAddress("Email Address", "Sender Name");Hope it will help you out. Thanks and best regards,Faraz Shah KhanMCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net, MCTS-Win/Web, MCPD-WebBlog Hi Khan; My problem is with msg.From.DisplayName; msg.From works fine but this ...

When using HttpWebRequest & HttpWebResponse objects receiving System.Net.WebException
I am having an issue with some code that does a HttpWebRequest to get a response back from a URL.  The code does work... some times.  Most of the time is gets the response back just fine.  But on occasion I get the following error: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. Any ideas?? I had read something about setting the HttpWebRequest's 'K...

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

Web resources about - System.DLLNotFoundException for OracleConnection object - asp.net.oracle