retrieve top 10 records

Hi,

I know its very simple. But I have very archive knowledge in oracle (last time I used is in 1999).
I would like to know - how to retrive top 10 records from a table.
In SQL Server its like this - select top 10 * from table_name
Any help, appreciated.
Thanks in advance
0
konda

I got the answer.

I was bit lazy before my lunch.
Thanks any how,
Of course you know the answer. Its like -
select * from ut_lookup_types where rownum<11;
0
konda
8/18/2003 1:30:14 PM
You may be able to use ROWNUM, depending on your query.

select * from table_name where rownum < 11
Check the oracle docs and this thread.
0
Stephen

Retrieving top 10 records within each Group...tricky...
Hello, We are trying to retrieve the top 10 recrods within each group; however the problem is when viewing all the records, anything below ten is not displayed and there is white space. We are trying to remove this space but would like to perform within the datawindow. thanks... Got it...inserted a filter on the datawindow to limit the result set! Thanks anyway... > Hello, > > We are trying to retrieve the top 10 recrods within each > group; however the problem is when viewing all the records > , anything below ten is not displayed and there is white > sp...

Support for dw.NET 2.5 in VS 2008, .NET framework 3.5 and Oracle 10.2g
Hi, I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend and later using Oracle 11g as backend. Can someone please let me know if the product is supported in the environments mentioned. All help will be highly appreciated and many thanks in advance. Regards Hasan Kasamali On Nov 24, 3:06=A0am, Hasan Kasamali wrote: > Hi, > > I intend to use the datawindow.NET 2.5 in VS 2008 (.NET > framework 3.5) using a Oracle 10.2g database as a backend > and later using Oracle 11g as backend. > > Can ...

Ubuntu 10.10 on 10/10/10 at 10:10:10
Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Bill -- Bill_MI - Bill in Michigan Expert Opinions $20, Shut-Up $50 On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:28:14 -0400, Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Released on 10/10/10, at 10:10:10?? We'll have to call this one Ubuntu Masonic! :-) Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Installed last night on my testbed laptop. Installer is different from previous versions. Main improvement is that the bootloader installation is not hidden behind an Advanced button on the last screen. Early in th...

select top 10 records
hello everyonei know how to select the top 10 records to display in a datagrid or datalistegselect top 10 * frombut i was wondering is it possible to select the next 10. Select 10 to 20 records.anyone have any idea?thanking you in advance Yeah, the table needs an autoincrement ID and you will need that last ID that was retrieved from your last call to SQL. Besides that checkout this article, it will help you.Sonu Kapoor [MVP] Feel free to ask me any .NET question | Ajax Data Controls Forum...

Getting all records except TOP 10. How?
Hi, I have an sql query like this: SELECT events.*, employees.employeesurname, employees.employeename FROM events, employees WHERE employees.employee_id=events.chairman_id ORDER BY events.event_id DESC From this set I need to get all the records excluding the top ten records. How? Thankfull, Ajnstajn Create another query which selects the top 10 you want to exclude and perform a correlated subquery using NOT IN or NOT EXISTS Can you write this for me please? Thank you...

how to retrieve record basing on date in vb.net?
Dim ds As New DataSetcn = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\Sudhakar\My Documents\microzone.mdb") cn.Open() da = New OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM orders1 WHERE qdate'" + TextBox1.Text + "'", cn)da.Fill(ds, "orders1") DataGridView1.DataSource = ds.Tables("orders1") is this code  correct? it has to display records in a datagridview, but unable to display you probably want to make it say  "select * from orders1 where qdate = " + textbox1.textnotice ...

How to do a Top 10 retrieve using single datawindow?
Hi, all. I want to build a datawindow to do a "Top 10" retrieve. I know I can retrieve all data from database and filter the unwanted data out. But my table is too big to use the method. Since I'm using ASE 11.5, I also know I can use "set rowcount 10" before retrieve, But the dw I'm using is nested in other datawindow, so I alse cannot use the method with ease. And, I can create a stored procedure to return just 10 results from database. But my dba say "You'd better do it on client..." So, how can solve this problem? ( I'm using...

Query to retrieve the first 10 records inserted
I need to write a query/stored procedure where I want to get a specific number for records (say 10) from the database according to the time they are inserted into DB. I store the insert time using SYSDATE and I want to retrieve the first ten inserted records (i.e. having smallest SYSDATE value) and then delete those from DB in one transaction. If my table looks something like this: RecordNum RecordType InsertTime 10 A 10/08/2007 14:20 20 B 10/08/2007 14:22 ...

Oracle 10 and PowerBuilder 10
Will the native interface for Oracle 9i in PowerBuilder 10 (O90) work with an Oracle 10 database? Thanks. What does this have to do with PBNI ? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik "Rebecca Swanson" <rswanson@camsys.com> wrote in message news:419a5bec$1@forums-1-dub... > Will the native interface for Oracle 9i in PowerBuilder 10 (O90) work > with > an Oracle 10 database? > > Thanks. > > ...

Storing and retrieving GUIDs in Oracle with ODP.Net
We're using Oracle 10g and ODP.Net. Sometimes the GUIDs are generated by Oracle, sometimes by .NET, so we need a universal way to store them and use RAW16. (Is this the right choice?) From my ASP.NET app I write GUIDS like this: dbParameter.Value = ((Guid)key).ToByteArray(); dbParameter.OracleDbType = OracleDbType.Raw; dbParameter.Size = 16; To read them I tried using this:byte[] buffer = new byte[16]; reader.GetBytes(keyColumn, 0, buffer, 0, 16); Guid key = new Guid(buffer); The problem is, it doesn't work. The new Guid constructor treats the first 4 bytes of the arr...

Select 10 top records based on the date
Hi! I'd like to select the top ten records in database that has an event_date field. Like Select name, city, address from tblData Where...it should select top ten recent dates. Thanks for the help!! Cheers! You were so close! Select Top 10 ame, city, address from tblData Where (whatever)Order by event_date descDavid WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please &#...

Retrieving Top x within Top y within Top z ...
How can I efficiently retrieve the top x managers within the top y regions within the top z states within the top q countries?  The only way I have been able to do this is to first find the top q countries, and store the list in an IN clause.  Then for each of those, find the top z states and create another IN clause that contains the country+state concatenated.  Then for each of those, find the top y regions and concatenate country+state+region.  Then finally find the top x managers within this IN clause.   This works fine for a few hundred records, but...

Web resources about - retrieve top 10 records - asp.net.oracle

Facebook Developers Can Retrieve Users’ Profile Pictures In Different Sizes
Facebook introduced a way for developers to retrieve users’ profile pictures for use within their applications in different sizes, rather than ...

Winston retrieves the news - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... food and losing weight. Three months ago, we were told he had lymphosarcoma of the GI tract. On March 10, 2008, Winston was called to go retrieve ...

Dolphin retrieves phone for a lady after it fell in the ocean - YouTube
Dolphin retrieves phone for a lady after it fell in the ocean

Man killed by train after jumping on tracks to retrieve something
A man has been killed by a train after jumping onto the tracks to retrieve something at Wentworthville Station.

People Are Willing To Go To Extreme Lengths To Retrieve Their Stolen Smartphones
People are willing to pay a ton of money and potentially put themselves in danger to retrieve their stolen smartphones, a new survey has found. ...

NSA surveillance program can retrieve, replay phone calls
The NSA has built a voice interception program capable of recording 100 per cent of a foreign country's calls and replaying voices from calls ...

Divers retrieve body from NSW floodwaters
A woman's body has been retrieved from a submerged car in a creek in Maitland.

Tourist plunges to death from Potts Point rooftop park trying to retrieve football: police
A French tourist who fell to his death from a rooftop park in Potts Point in inner Sydney was attempting to retrieve a football that had gone ...

Rescuers retrieve bodies after Brazilian tour bus crash kills 54
At least 54 people have been killed after a tour bus plunged hundreds of metres into a densely wooded ravine in southern Brazil, authorities ...

Investigators retrieve more human remains at MH17 crash site in eastern Ukraine but wreckage cannot yet ...
Dutch forensic experts recover further human remains at the crash site of downed flight MH17.