reference for .net data provider for Oracle

Does anybody know of a reference for the new .net data provider for Oracle.  In the MSDN site there is still only references for the Sql Server data provider and the oledb provider.  Or should I just use the sql server reference and substitute oracle for sql?
0
aw232

Here you go...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=40032&area=search&ordinal=1

Anil

-

- http://SecureCoder.com

- Architecture & Security in an Insecure World

-
0
Anil
7/29/2002 6:18:36 PM
thanks, but that wasnt' what I was looking for.  I was hoping for more of a reference like at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdatasqlclientsqlconnectionclasstopic.asp
but for oracle client rather than sql client
0
aw232
7/29/2002 6:58:21 PM
actually, nevermind.  I found a good reference in the .net data provider documentation.  Thanks

0
aw232
7/29/2002 7:11:55 PM
Here!!

..net data provider for Oracle
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q321715
0
kittylove97
8/7/2002 5:50:13 AM
hi aw232.  Can you tell me the link to the reference you found for Oracle.

I'm having the same problem as I think you were earlier.

I know nothing about Oracle....I can use asp.net to access SQL Dbase, but not Oracle, but I have to have some code written within a few days that reads records from an Oracle dbase.
Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
stacy
0
slwhetzell
1/21/2004 7:52:17 PM
slwhetzell to connect to oralce there 2 ways other than that of oracle odbc provider. Why not try with odbc and oledb providers. They offer the same functionality of that of oracle provider. but i think there could be some consideration of performance issues with odbc/oledb providers when compared with oracle.

U can found free download of .net oracle provider for oracle server. just install it and u r done with the coding.
Just tell me if i am going wrong.
Phani....
Phani....
0
phani

Oracle Spatial support in Devart's ADO.NET Data Provider for Oracle [Edit]
dotConnect for oracle v. 7.3 http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/ , ADO.NET Provider from Devart, includes support for Oracle Spatial in the projects, using Entity Framework. Devart Team constantly implements all the available Entity Framework innovations, and shortly after the introduction of DbGeometry and DbGeography classes in Entity Framework 5 has implemented support for Oracle Spatial in the Entity Framework provider for Oracle. Oracle MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY object type can now be mapped to DbGeometry and DbGeography classes. Now dotConnect for Oracle includes new versions of Devar...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

Not seeing Oracle Data Provider for .NET in Change Data Source window
We've been chasing this down for a couple of days now, and for some reason haven't found an answer as to why. Problem: We've installed Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET with Oracle 10g Release 2 ODAC 10.2.0.2.21... but we are not seeing the Oracle Data Provider for .NET in the Change Data Source window of VS2005 Team Edition. I've seen many posts and helpful sites that show this as an option after installing said product.  We've installed and reinstalled, and have checked the GAC, machine.config and registry settings, but it is not showing up.  It ...

Oracle Data Providers and NET 2.0
I am trying to gather a list of possible .NET 2.0 Data PRoviders to access an Oracle database other than the Microsoft Oracle provider and ODP.NET. Anyone using any that they would recommend and are industrial strength?Thanks,Bill KBill KirkmanConcentra Preferred Systemsbkirkman@-nospam-concentra.com Here is the link . http://www.datadirect.com/products/net/index.ssp Actually I don't use this product but people said it's much faster than the microsoft and the oracle data provider. ...

Oracle Data Provider for .NET 2.0
Does anybody know where to find the Oracle Data Provider for ASP.NET 2.0 (if it exists)?Thanks Hello, You can use the SQLDataSource to connect to Oracle.  SQL doesn't mean SQL Server, but rather a SQL database.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).  T ry the link below I am not saying it includes the Asp.net 2.0 provider but this is a new tool from Oracle.  Hope this helps.http://www.oracle.com/webapps/dialogue/dlgpage.jsp?p_dlg_i...

Choosing Oracle Client Version with Microsoft Managed Oracle Provider For .net
We need to change the Oracle Client that the System.Data.OracleClient uses to connect to our database on a server that has multiple versions of the Oracle Client. A different application on the server that we do not have control over is requiring the default ORACLE_HOME directory to remain an older Oracle 9i version of the client. Because of this, our applications using the Managed Oracle Provider for .net are using the 9i client to connect. We have a planned Oracle upgrade for our Database that will require us to use the new 10g version of the client that is also installed on the server, bu...

How call a Oracle Function using Microsoft .Net Oracle Client (System.Data.OracleClient)?
I try to call Oracle Function in .net C# by using System.Data.OracleClient. But i am not successful. Here is my code FUNCTION TTHAO_MONTT_EXISTS ( vten varchar2) RETURN boolean IS ret boolean; montt_id integer; BEGIN ret:=false; montt_id:= -1; select monthethao_id into montt_id from TTHAO_MONTHETHAO where ten = vten; if montt_id!=-1 then ret:=true; end if; return ret; Exception when others then return false; END; I do not know, when I call function TTHAO_MONTT_E...

Problems retrieving REF Cursor with .Net Oracle Provider (System.Data.OracleClient)
Hi , I created a package which recieves 3 parameters. One of them, is a type that I created using ref cursor, likewise the example provided in the .Net Oracle Client Documentation and inside msdn site (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpcontheadonetdatareader.asp the part which talks about Ref Cursor). I´ve already tested the package, and it´s working properly. But when I tried to run the ExecuteReader method of my Oracle Command I got the error "PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'PAGINAR'". Her...

Oracle Data Provider for .NET and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
Hi All, Can we use ODP.net with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition?If yes, which version of ODP.net has to be installed and if not, what is the alternative for this? I have ODTwithODAC10202 installed on my machine. But when I run my application, I am getting the following Exception, The type intializer for Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection threw an Exception. Hope any body could suggest me the right solution and guide me furthur. Thanks, Lakshya Friend, ODP.Net has the support to Visual Studio 2008, here is the link for that http://www.oracle.com/technology/s...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

Web resources about - reference for .net data provider for Oracle - asp.net.oracle

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

Child sex abuse royal commission: Senior politician to be grilled over reference
A former deputy Premier will again take the stand on Tuesday to explain why he gave a positive job reference to a man he knew to have sexually ...

How many Nazi references in the Republican race is enough? Top Stories
Check out Neil Macdonald's take on the two main contenders in the wild race for the Republican nomination. And, Canada Post's plans for the community ...

VA, reference pricing and the value of options
@hyperplanes eg, you can get free care at VA, or get a reimbursed at the reference price for care anywhere else. — Matthew Martin (@hyperplanes) ...

10 of the best movie references you’ll ever see in popular TV shows
I'm torn when it comes to breaking the fourth wall in TV shows . It can be a fun, clever way to connect with the audience, but it can also break ...

"As much as Poppy Bush scoffs at 'the D-word,' as he calls any reference to dynasty, the Bushes do consider ...
... re-defended myself: "Servants" seems like the right word for people who occupy the servants' quarters within a house, especially when the reference ...

Supergirl: Easter Eggs and DC Comics References In "Livewire"
This week was an odd one for Supergirl.If that Jimmy Olsen/Lucy Lane date weekend seemed to come [...]

The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit
The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit

Virginia Mayor References Japanese Interment to Make Point About Syrian Refugees
Today, Roanoke, Va., mayor David Bowers acknowledged similarities between banning assistance to Syrian refugees based on their country of origin ...

Meet the Syrian-American Woman Jeb Bush References on the Campaign Trail
A Syrian-American who previously supported Bush now has some reservations.