Problems connecting to Oracle 9i database with Oracle 10g Client and Win XP x64

Hardware/Software:
Dell Precision 490 with Intel Xeon 64 bit processor running MS Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version 2003 Service Pack 1.
Visual Studio .NET 2005
Oracle 10g Client

I am trying to run my ASP.NET application from the above mentioned computer that connects to an Oracle 9i database on another machine on the network, but get the following error when using the OLEDB provider for Oracle:

Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation.

Provider is unable to function until these components are installed.

I have tried setting the correct permissions on the Oracle Home folder without any success.

I get the same error if I'm just trying to connect to that same database using the Server Explorer in VS.NET 2005 and the .NET Framework Data Provider for OLE DB.

When I try to use the .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle, I get the following error:

Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed.

All this worked fine before I upgraded my computer and was still able to run the oracle 9i client.
Any suggestions that might help connect to my database again are appreciated. Surely I'm not the first person that has this problem, but I haven't found any solutions out there yet.

Thanks,
Sacha

0
Sacha

Try the links below for possible solutions to your problem.  Hope this helps.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=457875&SiteID=1

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/windows/faq.html#x86-64

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre
10/16/2006 11:22:29 PM

Thanks, but none of these suggestions actually worked. The first one didn't have an actual solution and the second one (the Oracle FAQ) suggests that it should work, but it doesn't.

Sacha

0
Sacha
10/17/2006 1:41:45 PM

I have read that 10g 64bits is not suposed to work on Windows, I had run 9i 64bits running on AIX64 bits when we needed to apply security patches I found two C++ compilers in the root directory one IBM because of AIX and one Oracle because of 9i 64bits back then I worked for a bank so we had to contact both IBM and Oracle on what to do so we can remove those complers.

Now I am not saying that is your situation but that could be a problem, here are what I found about your exception.  Read those threads carefully I think one or both relate to you.  Hope this helps.

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=1249673

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=411150&tstart=0

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre
10/17/2006 2:04:22 PM

To resolve the problem "oracle client and network components were not found.......",

Solution

Please install the Oracle Client tools of 8i or above;

The client tools stablishes the TNS listener.

0
Ghous

Can't connect to Oracle database using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise
Hi, Our test environment is Windows 2003 enterprise with IIS and Oracle 10g client installed. I wrote a simple asp.net program to connect to a Oracle database and display the select result in a datagrid. But can't connect to Oracle. It seems .NET can't find the oracle client. Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joey...

Oracle 8i client connected to Oracle 9 database.
I have connected my Powerbuilder 9 application to a Oracle 9i database using Oracle 8i client. My Oracle home is set to 8. My Powerbuilder DB connection is using Oracle 8. Things seem to work. Why? In general, there will be compatibilty between client and server versions here; however, you'd have to check Oracle for their specific supported configurations. If you try to access anything new in Oracle 9 (like new datatypes, etc.), I expect you'll see problems that may be handled gracefully or not so gracefully. On 3 Dec 2004 13:03:31 -0800, Kurt Pager wrote: >I have co...

Unable to connect oracle 9i database from win 2k8 x64
 I've installed 10203_vista_w2k8_x86_production_client oracle client on Windows Server 2008 std ed x64. Using this client i could connect to my Oracle 9i database. I've developed a webpart for Microsoft Sharepoint service running on the same machine which gets data from oracle 9i. But I'm getting error like "Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed." I used System.data.oracleclient to connect oracle in my webpart and ASP...

how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can i use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & VS 2.0
 Hi all, Can any one tell me how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can I use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & vs 2.0. , for implement this is it compulsory to install oracle 10g server on the same machine on which I'm implementing this task  or otherwise i can use  other system as a server (like remote login or client server)  Hi,You should have the Oracle 10g Server or Client In your machine.In Case Client is in your Machine then Server Must be somewhere,that is enough to use.I hope then we ...

DBD: Oracle installation problem on Windows XP running Oracle 9i
I'm not able to install Oracle drivers for Oracle 9i. I'm running a Windows XP machine. Perl Version is 5.8. My objective - to run a simple perl cgi script that makes a connection to the Oracle 9i database and displays the results of a simple query. If any one has done a simillar set up before would you be able to help? thanks. __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo. http://search.yahoo.com ...

Problem compiling DBD::Oracle on FreeBSD with Oracle 10g Instant Client
--------------000605080507010504070807 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am trying to compile DBD::Oracle that will work with Oracle 10g on FreeBSD 6.3 Here is what I have done so far: 1. Installed the 3 Oracle Instant Client ports: - linux-oracle-instantclient-basic - linux-oracle-instantclient-sdk - linux-oracle-instantclient-sqlplus These install as follows: _The "basic files install in:_ /usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/Oracle/10.2.0.3/client/lib _The sqlplus installes in _: /usr/compat/linu...

Checking the status oracle connection PB9.0 Oracle 9i(9.2.0.50) Lost connection problem (LAN and WAN)
Cheers to all. We want to know if there is a way to get the status of the connection with oracle databse (online way), we use native driver for Oracle9i. Some times we get some lan and wan problems that produce small lost connection in seconds, but we dont any action that describe the success problem. we need to put some code in the application that help us to know the exactly moment when these happen to take some decision something loke a monitor tool. we appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance Eduardo Primera from: Venezuela ...

Problem in creating Oracle connection cache using EAServer 5.0,Oracle 10g
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am facing problem to create connection cache using Oracle.I am attaching snapshot of EAServer properties which I set. I refered query dt. 21 jul,04 topic "EAServer JDBC connection to Oracle". But it not works. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Oracle connection cache problem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=&q...

Can't connect to Oracle using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise
Hi, My test environment is Windows 2003 Enterprise with Oracle 10g Client and IIS installed. I wrote a simple asp.net page to connect to an Oracle database and display a query result in a datagrid. But can't connect to oracle. It seems that .NET can't find an oracle client. I was wondering if I miss some steps to configure .NET framework or something. Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joey Do you have ASPNET user account is added to the Oracle software installed folders/subfolders? If not please add and restart the box and see, that could solve your proble...

Problems connecting with Oracle 9i Client
Good Morning. I am having a slight problem connecting to my Oracle database using my PowerBuilder Front end application. My PC platform is Windows XP/SP1. I recently upgraded my Oracle client from 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.1.0. I don't know that much about the PowerBuilder front end, but one of the main files is pbo7260.dll. With the Oracle 8.1.7 client, I did not have any problems connecting to the database. With the Oracle 9i Client, I can connect to the database just fine when I am logged on with my Administrator account. However, the general user is not an admin. When I am lo...

Serious problems using Oracle 10g 10.2.0 Client with DBD-Oracle module loaded on Windows!
Hi: I'm not sure if this is a right place to ask this question so please forward to whom it may concern. I had installed ActiveState Perl 5.8.8 on WinXP and installed latest DBI and DBD-Oracle using their ppm3. The DBD-Oracle seemed to work fine, but see this link for exact problems I was having with Oracle Client software throwing errors and not working: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=307903&tstart=0 DBD-Oracle installed "oraociei10.dll" version 10.1.0.4.0 and it conflicts with the newer Oracle 10.2.0 Client installation. I repla...

Oracle 9i Lite and DBD::Oracle problems
After some time I got Oracle 9i Lite on my Redhat9 (downloaded .iso images) machine. I can use sqlplus to connect to an off-machine database and get data. However I cannot find the Pro*C package in the installer so I can get DBD::Oracle built. I read the README, README.help, and README.clients. I googled a few times and looked over the DBI mailing list where I am fairly certain I don't have Pro*C and as a result I don't have oracle.mk. I fired up the oracle installer again and cannot seem to find Pro*C in the packages on Disk1. So do I need to get another dist? Does Oracl...

problem conencting to oracle after upgrading to oracle 9i
Hi All, On sparc m/c SUN OS 5.8 , I have recently upgraded from Oracle 8i to Oracle 9i. ANd I had DBD:Oracle 1.12 installed on it. Now the perl files give error : DBI->connect(hemdadev) failed: ERROR OCIEnvInit at test.pl line 18 And at line 17 I have : $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:Oracle:$sid",$username, $password) || die "Could not co nnect to database"; 1. If I install DBD::Oracle again specifying the new oracle_home , will I be able to resolve the error. 2. Is only DBD::Oracle 1.14 compatible with Oracle 9i. Thanks in advance, Nilay ...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

Web resources about - Problems connecting to Oracle 9i database with Oracle 10g Client and Win XP x64 - asp.net.oracle

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...