Problem with Oracle components

Hi everybody.

I'm having a connection problem to my Oracle datasource, that I didn't find on my development stations. On my stations I have Oracle 8.0 clients, and everything works perfectly.
On the production server, for deployment, I installed Oracle 9i client and components, and I'm getting a "Cannot find Oracle 7.3 or superior components" message.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Do I need to create an ODBC datasource?
In case it lights a light, my connection string reads as follows, from the Web.config file:

<add key="Connection String" value="Provider=msdaora;Data Source=xxx;User Id=yyy;Password=zzz;"

Help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
0
edaguilar

I narrowed the problem a little bit: Windows applications work perfectly; I get the error message on web apps and web services only, so I guess it might be a permissions problem.

Special access configuration for data components for web based apps?
Anyone with ideas?
Thanks in advance.
0
edaguilar

As posted many times in this forum previously, Oracle 9.2 Client software requires that you give the Authenticated User privilege to the Oracle Home by following these steps:
1. Log on to Windows as a user with Administrator privileges.
2. Launch Windows Explorer from the Start Menu and and navigate to the
ORACLE_HOME folder. This is typically the "Ora92" folder under the
"Oracle" folder (i.e. D:\Oracle\Ora92).
3. Right-click on the ORACLE_HOME folder and choose the "Properties" option
from the drop down list. A "Properties" window should appear.
4. Click on the "Security" tab of the "Properties" window.
5. Click on "Authenticated Users" item in the "Name" list (on Windows XP
the "Name" list is called "Group or user names").
6. Uncheck the "Read and Execute" box in the "Permissions" list under the
"Allow" column (on Windows XP the "Permissions" list is called
"Permissions for Authenticated Users").
7. Re-check the "Read and Execute" box under the "Allow" column (this is
the box you just unchecked).
8. Click the "Advanced" button and in the "Permission Entries" list make
sure you see the "Authenticated Users" listed there with:
Permission = Read & Execute
Apply To = This folder, subfolders and files
If this is NOT the case, edit that line and make sure the "Apply onto"
drop-down box is set to "This folder, subfolders and files". This
should already be set properly but it is important that you verify this.
9. Click the "Ok" button until you close out all of the security properties
windows. The cursor may present the hour glass for a few seconds as it
applies the permissions you just changed to all subfolders and files.
10. Reboot your computer to assure that these changes have taken effect.
Cheers!
greg
0
greg

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

dbi:oracle on windows2000 (IIS) Oracle Problem
Hi All, I have a very similar problem to Bob Reuss where my script works ok on the DOS command line but fails in the browser. My working environment is just like his (using Perl/CGI on a windows2000 machine running IIS to connect to an Oracle DB on a Sun WkStation) except that I use the Oracle Driver instead of ODBC driver. However, I did get this error on the browser: ======================================================================== Software error: install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle: ...

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

Oracle 9i Lite and DBD::Oracle problems
After some time I got Oracle 9i Lite on my Redhat9 (downloaded .iso images) machine. I can use sqlplus to connect to an off-machine database and get data. However I cannot find the Pro*C package in the installer so I can get DBD::Oracle built. I read the README, README.help, and README.clients. I googled a few times and looked over the DBI mailing list where I am fairly certain I don't have Pro*C and as a result I don't have oracle.mk. I fired up the oracle installer again and cannot seem to find Pro*C in the packages on Disk1. So do I need to get another dist? Does Oracl...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

problem conencting to oracle after upgrading to oracle 9i
Hi All, On sparc m/c SUN OS 5.8 , I have recently upgraded from Oracle 8i to Oracle 9i. ANd I had DBD:Oracle 1.12 installed on it. Now the perl files give error : DBI->connect(hemdadev) failed: ERROR OCIEnvInit at test.pl line 18 And at line 17 I have : $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:Oracle:$sid",$username, $password) || die "Could not co nnect to database"; 1. If I install DBD::Oracle again specifying the new oracle_home , will I be able to resolve the error. 2. Is only DBD::Oracle 1.14 compatible with Oracle 9i. Thanks in advance, Nilay ...

Problem in replicating CLOB column from Oracle
Dear All, I am trying to replicate a table having a CLOB column from Oracle to Oracle. The problem ofcourse is that its not working!!. No errors but nothing happens. I have used the pdb_setrepcol command on the repagent and i can see that data is moving into the blob shadow table. The rs_writetext seems to be executed as well. But the blob column does not get replicated, all other columns seem to get replicated. I am using DCO v 12.5 for oracle and from earlier posts my understanding is that there is no need to override any function strings to make this happen. Please tell...

DBD::Oracle (perl 5.8.0, Oracle 8.0.3, DBD-Oracle 1.12, Solaris 8) make problems (fprintf)
The only fprintf warning I googled was at http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-announce@perl.org/msg00081.html Any suggestions appreciated. I'm assuming since the perl Makefile.PL ran clean, I'm using kosher Oracle libraries (binaries worked with Perl 5.6.0). Thanks, Dave S. Appended output of (in order): make output perl Makefile.PL perl -V gcc -v >make gcc -c -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms/demo -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms /public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/plsql/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/net work/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0....

Problem with Oracle Stored Procedures using ODP.NET in VB.NET (VS 2003)
This is the stored procedure,Procedure RetrieveReservations(pProperty In Varchar2,pResHeaderId In Varchar2,pEmail In Varchar2,pPasswd In Varchar2,ResultSet In Out ResCursor);This is the old .asp code (part of it)objConn.ConnectionString = Application("BackEndConnection_ConnectionString")objConn.Open objComm.ActiveConnection = objConn objComm.CommandText = "internet_package.RetrieveReservations"objComm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.CreateParameter("pProperty", adVarChar , adParamInput, 8, Request.QueryString("propid"))objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.Crea...

DW.NET problems with oracle
I am utilizing the dw.net I utilize an object transacion to connect me to a database SQLSERVER with oledb, and I do not have any problem, but when I try to connect me to a database ORACLE 8i with the dbmstype.oracle8, brings me not recognizable values, that al to seem they are not ANSI. That could be passing??? Thanx Daveloper ...