Problem with lock Oracle and web services

Hi I think I found a weird bug with the OracleDataAdapter object used with a web service under framework 1.0 and 1.1

I try using a lock with a request like :
SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE ID=1 FOR UPDATE NO WAIT
I use the following code :
Dim oAdapter As New OracleDataAdapter()
Dim ptResult As New DataSet
oAdapter.SelectCommand = "SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE ID=1 FOR UPDATE NO WAIT"
oAdapter.Fill(ptResult)
When the data are locked by another application :
- I run the script under a normal script page I got the oracle lock error (ORA-00054)
- I run the same script in a web service and call the web service, I got no error and the select is done but return nothing.
I try using the OracleDataReader object and there is no problem at all...
Has somebody the same problem ?
Is this bug know ? If not where should I post this bug ?
0
gbarry

Error!--connect Oracle in Web Services with .NET OracleClient
Hi there! My code:   [WebMethod]  public DataSet GetDataSet()  {   DataSet ds = new DataSet();   OracleConnection conn = new OracleConnection("Data Source=Oracle9i;User Id=wutan;Password=wutan;Integrated Security=no;");   OracleCommand cmd = new OracleCommand("select * from awc01",conn);   OracleDataAdapter da = new OracleDataAdapter(cmd);   da.Fill(ds);   return ds;  } Error information:System.DllNotFoundException: 无法加载 DLL (oci.dll)。 at System.Data.Oracle...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Error while calling .Net web service from Oracle Stored Procedure
Hi,     We are getting the below error while calling an .net web service ( WCF) from Oracle Stored procedure.  Type: System.Exception, mscorlib, version = 2.0.0.0, culture = neutral,publickeytoken=b77a5c561934e089 Message: No client Registry found Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal Any information on the above will be helpful. Thanks. Sowmya Jayappa  ...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

.Net Web Services consume DCOM problem!!! big problem!!!
the senario is like that: PC1 got a Com+ application PC2 is Web Service that host the .net web services I export the Com+ application proxy and install into the PC2. I add reference in the Web services project then I code: <WebMethod()> Public Function GetCustomerWS() As String Dim objFDIP As New FDIPCOM.FDIPCOMServices() Dim strReturn As String objFDIP.GetAllCustomer(strReturn) Return strReturn End Function when I run the Web Services, and invoke it, it return nothing but: HTTP 500 Internal server error. ...

Oracle 9i Lite and DBD::Oracle problems
After some time I got Oracle 9i Lite on my Redhat9 (downloaded .iso images) machine. I can use sqlplus to connect to an off-machine database and get data. However I cannot find the Pro*C package in the installer so I can get DBD::Oracle built. I read the README, README.help, and README.clients. I googled a few times and looked over the DBI mailing list where I am fairly certain I don't have Pro*C and as a result I don't have oracle.mk. I fired up the oracle installer again and cannot seem to find Pro*C in the packages on Disk1. So do I need to get another dist? Does Oracl...

Problem in replicating CLOB column from Oracle
Dear All, I am trying to replicate a table having a CLOB column from Oracle to Oracle. The problem ofcourse is that its not working!!. No errors but nothing happens. I have used the pdb_setrepcol command on the repagent and i can see that data is moving into the blob shadow table. The rs_writetext seems to be executed as well. But the blob column does not get replicated, all other columns seem to get replicated. I am using DCO v 12.5 for oracle and from earlier posts my understanding is that there is no need to override any function strings to make this happen. Please tell...

problem conencting to oracle after upgrading to oracle 9i
Hi All, On sparc m/c SUN OS 5.8 , I have recently upgraded from Oracle 8i to Oracle 9i. ANd I had DBD:Oracle 1.12 installed on it. Now the perl files give error : DBI->connect(hemdadev) failed: ERROR OCIEnvInit at test.pl line 18 And at line 17 I have : $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:Oracle:$sid",$username, $password) || die "Could not co nnect to database"; 1. If I install DBD::Oracle again specifying the new oracle_home , will I be able to resolve the error. 2. Is only DBD::Oracle 1.14 compatible with Oracle 9i. Thanks in advance, Nilay ...

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

dbi:oracle on windows2000 (IIS) Oracle Problem
Hi All, I have a very similar problem to Bob Reuss where my script works ok on the DOS command line but fails in the browser. My working environment is just like his (using Perl/CGI on a windows2000 machine running IIS to connect to an Oracle DB on a Sun WkStation) except that I use the Oracle Driver instead of ODBC driver. However, I did get this error on the browser: ======================================================================== Software error: install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle: ...

Web resources about - Problem with lock Oracle and web services - asp.net.oracle

Public Broadcasting Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... such as PBS NewsHour , Masterpiece , and Frontline . Since the mid-2000s, Roper polls commissioned by PBS have consistently placed the service ...

SA Ambulance Service roster extra crews for expected spike in demand in extreme New Year’s Eve heat ...
EXTRA ambulance crews have been rostered to handle the expected spike in demand as revellers ring in the New Year in extreme heat tonight.

China's December services PMI edges up - The Courier-Mail Search Search
ACTIVITY in China's services industry quickened in December, an official survey shows.

Kelpie laps up cafe’s service
TERRITORIANS who can’t bear the thought of leaving home without their fur-baby now have a choice of dog-friendly cafes in Darwin.

Xenophon candidate to take aim at financial services
Naomi Halpern, a victim of bad financial advice who was caught up in the collapse of forestry investment scheme Timbercorp, will take the fight ...

Chicago PMI Crashes, New Orders and Order Backlogs Plunge to May 2009 Level; Service Economy Headed for ...
... around 50 as Bloomberg suggests. The three jumps above 50 are counter-trend in a series that has been weakening for about a year. Service Economy ...

Secret Service Missed ‘Lessons Learned’ Review After 2011 Shooting
Officials failed to conduct an after-action review of how they missed a bullet that struck the White House for four days.

Cyber-Attack Said To Down BBC Websites, iPlayer Streaming Service
Folks trying to access the BBC ’s websites or catch up on the latest episode of EastEnders on the iPlayer platform this morning were met with ...

Facebook's free internet service shut down in Egypt
Last week, regulators in India clamped down on Facebook's Free Basics in the country, and now Egypt is doing the same. The Associated Press reports ...

Ten Customer Service Resolutions That Will Make For A Great 2016
Here are ten (or so) customer service improvement resolutions to help you get2016 off to a great start–for your business, your employees, and ...