problem retrieving data

hello,

Since this morning I am stuck!!
I dont know what is wrong!
I have build anweb service which work fine
But when I build a windows application which call my web method of the web service
It happen nothing.
In fact my two methods are a retrieve data and an update data
when I click to the retieve data button it don't happen anything and when i debug I can see that the program call the web method and go back to the button sub.
here is a piece of my code from the web service
<WebMethod()> Public Function RetrieveData() As Dataset1
Dim DataBag As New Dataset1()
OracleDataAdapter1.Fill(DataBag)
Return DataBag
End Function

here is a piece of my code from the Winform
Private Sub btnRetrieveData_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnRetrieveData.Click
Dim ws As New WindowsApplication1.localhost.Service1()
ws.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials
UIDataBag.Merge(ws.RetrieveData())
End Sub

If someone know what happen to me, please tell me....
0
fayabun

Problems retrieving data from data from ORACLE
Hi everybody, I am using PB 6.5.1, Oracle8i I have some problems of retrieving data from Oracle db. We need create a datawindow from a procedure that is locates in a package,this package has beed tested ok, this procedure has three arguments, two of them are passed in, the rest one is for result out, the execute statements in datawindow as following: "execute package_name.procedure_name;0 argument1 = :varible1,argument2 = :varible2" But when we run this datawindow, the error occurs as following: "wrong number or types of arguments in call to the package" ...

Problems retrieving REF Cursor with .Net Oracle Provider (System.Data.OracleClient)
Hi , I created a package which recieves 3 parameters. One of them, is a type that I created using ref cursor, likewise the example provided in the .Net Oracle Client Documentation and inside msdn site (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpcontheadonetdatareader.asp the part which talks about Ref Cursor). I´ve already tested the package, and it´s working properly. But when I tried to run the ExecuteReader method of my Oracle Command I got the error "PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'PAGINAR'". Her...

Problem retrieving Number Data (Oracle)
All: While I have some experience with the perl DBI, Oracle is new to me and this current problem has me stumped. Here's the client environment I'm working with ... perl 5.6.1 DBI 1.42 DBD 1.06 SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.5.0.0 Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.4.50 In perl I do something like this ... # already connected at this point ... my $sql=q{select * from myDataView where fld1='value' and fld2 LIKE 'VALUE2%'}; my $seats; my $sth = $dbh->prepare($sql); while ($row_ref = $sth->fetchrow_hashref()) { .... my $STS_ISS = $row_ref...

Oracle BFILE.. problem retrieving back data
I'm using PB 7.0.3 with Oracle 8 RDBMS. I can store blobs and retrieve them back successfully using UPDATEBLOB and SELECTBLOB. Recently, I added a BFILE column. It looks as though I can update this column, but cannot retrieve it back. SQL> create directory DocPath as "C:\TMP"; Updating in PB: UPDATE t_file SET document_bfile = BfileName('DocPath', 'ABC.DOC') WHERE document_id = :ad_document_id USING sqlca ; if sqlca.sqlcode <> 0 then messagebox ("Error", sqlca.sqlerrtext, Exclamation!) return 0 end if This seemed...

Problem retrieving data into Oracle Procedure Datawindow
Hi, I have PB(7.0)datawindow generated from oracle(8.i) procedure, which uses reference cursor to retrieve data. If I pass retrieval argument to that procedure as number works fine, but when I am trying to pass retrieval arguments as date field, I am getting error in datawindow with oracle error code ORA-01858 (Date format problem). Is there any way to resolve this problem. Thanks, Rahul Try sending it in the format dd-mon-yy. Don't use the to_date() function when calling the sp-based stored procedure. I currently have the exact same problem in PB 6.5 build ...

Problems in retrieve data of Informix x Oracle and others
create table tabela_a (cd_a number); create table tabela_b (cd_b number); create table tabela_c (cd_c number); insert into tabela_a values (1); insert into tabela_b values (2); insert into tabela_c values (1); The Objective is to look for in the database Oracle(v.8) or Informix(v.5) the data of the tabela_a existing, or not, the corresponding data in the tables tabela_b and tabela_c. In case 1 If we set up the query through the DataWindow in PowerBuilder we will have the following structure: select cd_a, cd_b, cd_c from tabela_c ,tabela_b ,tabela_a where cd_b (+...

aspx beginner having problems retrieving data from Oracle 9i
I am attempting to simply connect to the database and retrieve a few records. Below is the code I am using <%@ Page Explicit="True" Language="VB" Debug="True"%> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OracleClient"%> <html> <Script runat="server"> Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E as EventArgs) If Not IsPostBack Then Dim OracleConn As OracleConnection=New OracleConnection() OracleConn.ConnectionString="user id=unreplicated;...

problem retrieving CLOB data using DBD:Oracle
Hi, I have a simple perl script as a test of getting data from a CLOB = field. My database is Oracle 8.1.7, and it has a charset UTF8. The client is = also on UTF8. The trace shows that everything up to the 'fetch' step goes correctly. But during OCILobRead only part of the data is received (161 bites (or chars?) instead of 485), and the script terminates with an error. If I change client's NLS_LANG to AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252, I get = the TEXT data without problems. Does anybody know how to get CLOB data for UTF8 client? Thanks. Irina. Below are the det...

Problem when retrieving Blob data via oracle stored procedure
Hello all, I have created a stored procedure in my oracle database as follow: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE "TESTING"."SP_GET_TEMPLATE" ( ARG_TEMPLATE_NO IN NUMBER, CUR_TEMPLATE IN OUT TESTING.PKG_SP_GET_TEMPLATE.CUR_TEMPLATE_CUR) AS BEGIN OPEN CUR_TEMPLATE FOR SELECT TEMPLATE_DETAIL_ENG FROM N_REPORT_TEMPLATE WHERE TEMPLATE_NO = ARG_TEMPLATE_NO; END SP_GET_TEMPLATE; where TEMPLATE_DETAIL_ENG is a BLOB fields. In my PowerBuilder 8.0.3 program, I call the stored procedure as follow: DECLARE GET_TEMPLATE PROCEDURE FOR SP_GET_TEMPLATE(:li_template_n...

Not seeing Oracle Data Provider for .NET in Change Data Source window
We've been chasing this down for a couple of days now, and for some reason haven't found an answer as to why. Problem: We've installed Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET with Oracle 10g Release 2 ODAC 10.2.0.2.21... but we are not seeing the Oracle Data Provider for .NET in the Change Data Source window of VS2005 Team Edition. I've seen many posts and helpful sites that show this as an option after installing said product.  We've installed and reinstalled, and have checked the GAC, machine.config and registry settings, but it is not showing up.  It ...

Data retrieval problem.
I went through the tutorial but designed the datawindows and set powersite up for connecting to Oracle. I configured the powerdynamo web server to connect to Oracle using odbc for the <default> connection. When I went to load the html page in the browser, the page came up ok but there was no data retrieved. There are no retrieval arguments in the datawindow and there is data in the table to retrieve. Can anyone tell me what I should check and look for? Is there anyway to test that the connection information is set up properly in powerdynamo? Hello, I would try to create a t...

Data Retrieval Problem
I have two Tables as following: 1. LOG having fields( id number,usrname text, pass text) 2. UsrDet having fields( id number, nameFst text, NameLst text,Email text) I want when user enters his Username & Password, My code should return ID of that user from LOG table and on behalf of that ID I wanted to welcome that user by fetching his Fisrt Name from USRDET table on next page. To test the Code I still wanted to show the retrieved value in LABEL… The Code I m using is as Following but I m not able to fetch UserID..PLS help me by altering this code: Dim con As OleDbConnection Dim comm As O...

Web resources about - problem retrieving data - asp.net.oracle

Mother of three killed landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving her son's shirt
A mother of three has been found guilty of killing her landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving a red polo shirt her son needed for school ...

Retrieving bodies a 'horrifying' experience (01:43)
Anti-jump measures on the Story Bridge should be "fast tracked" and water police funding increased so CityCats don't have to pick up bodies. ...

Man drowns retrieving toy boat
A man has drowned after entering the Wimmera River at Horsham to retrieve a remote-controlled boat.

Bishop says there is no time limit on retrieving MH17 remains
THE Australian Federal Police have warned that it is too dangerous to approach the MH17 crash site in war-torn eastern Ukraine until security ...

Search underway for man swept away in Brisbane River while retrieving toy boat
A search is underway for a man swept away in the Brisbane River while retrieving a toy boat.

DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains
DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains People's Daily Online PYONGYANG, Oct. 13 The Democratic People's Republic ...

Good dog: Yankee retrieving a big Canada in a Manitoba hayfield
Good dog: Yankee retrieving a big Canada in a Manitoba hayfield

iPhone dev: Retrieving user phone numbers
... a secret to recovering user phone numbers that does not involve the … One of the most common questions I get these days has to do with retrieving ...

Girl stuck in Dover storm drain retrieving phone
A teenage girl gets stuck in a storm drain in Dover while trying to retrieve her mobile phone which had fallen into it.

Forensic investigations: Retrieving data from the cloud
... ensure that nothing is missed in the evidence gathering process, and to ensure that the investigative team doesn’t run out of time when retrieving ...