Passing string array to oracle function?

I need to call oracle function that takes a string array (table of varchar2) as one of the parameters. This is oracle 8, i am trying to find a way with oledb or oracleclient but cannot find any type in .net to support it. Is it possible? Has anybody tried it? Thanks.
0
gyl

I am also looking to do almost the same thing.

oo4o and ASP classic have a method called parameters.AddTable which is not there in OracleClient ans ASP.NET.
I have to pass a paramater as an Array to a Stored Procedure that I am calling from my ASP.NET page.
In VB 6.0 with oo4o it is possible like following:
pconnection.Parameters.Add "ov_tseqno", 0, 2
pconnection.Parameters.AddTable "pv_arr", ORAPARM_INPUT, ORATYPE_VARCHAR2, 20, 100
Set arry1 = pconnection.Parameters("pv_arr")

arry1(0) = "Angel Pabon "
arry1(1) = "Nawed Khan "
arry1(2) = "FUL 5 "
arry1(3) = "Seller Pabon Angel "
begin pkg_name_insert.proc_get_name('50','7','208','Y',:pv_arr,'17',:ov_tseqno); end;
x = pconnection.ExecuteSQL(sql)

srseqno = pconnection.Parameters("ov_tseqno")
MsgBox srseqno
0
nawedkhan

How to pass string array to oracle function?
I need to call oracle function that takes a string array (table of varchar2) as one of the parameters. This is oracle 8, i am trying to find a way with oledb or oracleclient but cannot find any type in .net to support it. Is it possible? Has anybody tried it? Thanks. This is handled on the Oracle side The key here is declaring a create or replace type myTableType as table of varchar2 (255); / create or replace function in_list( p_string in varchar2 ) return myTableType as l_string long default p_string || ','; ...

Passing boolean values to oracle function / procedure from C#.Net
Hi,  I dont know how to pass boolean values to oracle function / procedure arguments, could you please help me to know ?  Thank you, Sreedhar After spending lot of time on google, I understand C#.Net doest support PL/SQL boolean values. Thanks Sreedhar...

vb.net function and Oracle procedure to get an Oracle Dataset??
I have similar code (a procedure and function) working perfectly with a sql server data source. I;'m trying to do the same things with Oracle, but have run into the problems.    I'm not an oracle expert, so I'm not sure if producing a cursor is my only and best  option. create or replace package body PK_RETAILER isPROCEDURE sp_Get_Order_History(v_ani IN number,output_cursor out PK_CURSORES.generic_cursor) ASBEGINopen output_cursor forselect o.account_number, p.phone, o.amount, o.name, o.init_datefrom orders ojoin users_phones p on p.account_number...

Pass string array to oracle stored procedure.
Hi there, Am trying to pass a string array to an ORACLE 8i stored procedure, I have tested the procedure on the server and know it works, PB7 is giving me any error though when trying to save ; 'variable reference in database statement has unsupported data type' My PB code is; dec{0} ld_sys_ed_key STRING lsa_inp_key[],lsa_inp_val[] //Initialise lsa_inp_key[1] = '1900000137' lsa_inp_key[2] = '1900000139' lsa_inp_val[1] = 'ORCLEVAL' lsa_inp_val[2] = 'YES' ld_sys_ed_key = 0123456789 DECLARE insert_into_system_inputs PROCEDURE FOR ...

How call a Oracle Function using Microsoft .Net Oracle Client (System.Data.OracleClient)?
I try to call Oracle Function in .net C# by using System.Data.OracleClient. But i am not successful. Here is my code FUNCTION TTHAO_MONTT_EXISTS ( vten varchar2) RETURN boolean IS ret boolean; montt_id integer; BEGIN ret:=false; montt_id:= -1; select monthethao_id into montt_id from TTHAO_MONTHETHAO where ten = vten; if montt_id!=-1 then ret:=true; end if; return ret; Exception when others then return false; END; I do not know, when I call function TTHAO_MONTT_E...

How to pass oracle connection string to crystal report in .net
hi all i am using reportdocument  class  of crystal report i have oracle connection string , i need to pass this connection dtring to reportdocument  ...   regards rajesh         Actually there is no need to set seperate connectionstring for crystal report, in your case you fetch some records from DB and fill into the Dataset afterwards you just pass the DataSet.Tables[0] into DataSource property of the crystal report.If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer...

Oracle SP call, passing INOUT String array, nulls ?
Anyone have an idea for either a workaround or explanation for the following: I've got an SP that accepts an unbounded string array as an INOUT argument -- when passing a 'full' array, where every element has at least one character, the procedure works properly. However, when passing an array that has one or more nulls as elements, the call fails with no explicit warnings or errors. (BTW, I'm calling this within an EAServer PB Component). The SP works when called from PL/SQL, null elements or not. It appears that PB won't (can't?) send an array of strings ...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

Pass arrays to Oracle
I am passing PowerBuilder string-arrays to Oracle Stored Procedures, and receiving the array in procedure via PL/SQL tables. I am pre-populating the array in PB using SPACE function. What I want to know is are there any LIMITATIONS using the PB-array & Oracle PL/SQL tables? any help appreciated. We use this method extensively on PB 6.5.1, O7 and 8i, no problems yet. The largest array I am sure of is 765 [one per day for current month and a year each way]. seeker wrote in message ... >I am passing PowerBuilder string-arrays to Oracle Stored Procedures, and >receivi...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

Web resources about - Passing string array to oracle function? - asp.net.oracle

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

TV binging, exercise skipping linked to poor cognitive function
Bad habits early in life may affect brain power later, researchers suggest.

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Review: HP Spectre 360 A Perfect Mix Of Style, Form, Function
HP Inc. delivers a brushed-aluminum laptop with a new 6th Generation Intel i7 processor, making it one of the best-looking, best-priced and best-performing ...

Why Global Corporations Need To Redesign Their Strategic Planning Function
Corporate strategy teams play an important role in guiding business leaders to make smarter, better and more informed decisions, especially in ...

Sponsored post: Garmin’s fenix 3 Pairs Form and Function with GPS Watch
... timepiece to polish off a professional look, or strap on a rugged stopwatch for our workouts. But when it comes to everyday use, the functional ...

Code Craft – Embedding C++: Timing Virtual Functions
... compiler just like the standard language types. A subtype inherits the characteristics of its parent type and can use, or not, the member functions ...

Madras HC asks police to allow Tipu’s birth anniversary function
... Station on a petition filed by Ismail, General Secretary of Thamizhaga Makkal Jananayaga Katchi, seeking grant of permission to hold the function. ...

Colorado governor: This Planned Parenthood shooting may be a function of inflammatory rhetoric from bloggers ...
Via Grabien , skip to 4:45 of the clip below for the key bit. I naively thought we were (mostly) done with “climate of hate” stupidity after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...