Passing array parameter to Oracle Procedure

I am trying to pass a paramater as ARRAY to Oracle Stored Procedure from ASP.NET page using OracleClient.

oo4o and ASP classic have a method called parameters.AddTable which is not there in OracleClient ans ASP.NET.
In VB 6.0 with oo4o it is possible like following:
pconnection.Parameters.Add "ov_tseqno", 0, 2
pconnection.Parameters.AddTable "pv_arr", ORAPARM_INPUT, ORATYPE_VARCHAR2, 20, 100
Set arry1 = pconnection.Parameters("pv_arr")
arry1(0) = "Angel Pabon "
arry1(1) = "Nawed Khan "
arry1(2) = "FUL 5 "
arry1(3) = "Seller Pabon Angel "
begin pkg_name_insert.proc_get_name('50','7','208','Y',:pv_arr,'17',:ov_tseqno); end;
x = pconnection.ExecuteSQL(sql)
srseqno = pconnection.Parameters("ov_tseqno")
MsgBox srseqno
0
nawedkhan

Assuming you're trying to pass an array into the stored procedure (as opposed to binding an array of values to have the procedure executed multiple times), you'd need to use Oracle's ODP. It supports binding associative arrays (index-by tables), this feature was added in the 9204 version, and there are examples that install with it.
I dont know much about Microsoft's ODP, but dont believe it supports this functionality.
Hope it helps,
Greg
0
greg
3/3/2004 4:18:33 PM
ms provider doesn't support array parameters..
Boss De Planes, De Planes
0
mvermef

Passing array to Oracle Procedure
Hi, PB7.0.2 8046 and Oracle 8i 8.1.(5&6&7) I have a table of 10,000 records. The enduser selects about 3000 records (e.g. by filtering). Now I want to pass the selection to an Oracle Procedure. Is this possible ? What's the correct syntax for the Oracle Procedure ? Is it also possible to pass structures/nvo's ... ? Can someone give me an example ? Many Thanks in advance, Wim Teuwens This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------25E3D63F6D4D57E011A3717E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Wim, ...

Passing boolean values to oracle function / procedure from C#.Net
Hi,  I dont know how to pass boolean values to oracle function / procedure arguments, could you please help me to know ?  Thank you, Sreedhar After spending lot of time on google, I understand C#.Net doest support PL/SQL boolean values. Thanks Sreedhar...

Passing Array to Oracle Stored Procedure
I have requirement where in I need to pass a array from Powerbuilder to Oracle Stored procedure and also I want to know how to access the returned array from the Oracle stored procedure. Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thanks -Sanjay ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Make it a ref in the RPCFUNC declaration. It will be an INOUT argument with a TABLE OF type in the procedure or function. You will need to pre-fill the array [to maximum length if it is type string] *before* the call. On return the values wil...

Array parameter to oracle stored procedure
Dear friends,  I want to pass array parameter to following oracle  stored procedure from visual studio 2005 using vb.net my is question is it possible or not   create or replace package demo_pkg    as        type charArray is table of varchar2(255) index by binary_integer;       procedure emp_report( pin  in charArray,                           &nb...

vb.net function and Oracle procedure to get an Oracle Dataset??
I have similar code (a procedure and function) working perfectly with a sql server data source. I;'m trying to do the same things with Oracle, but have run into the problems.    I'm not an oracle expert, so I'm not sure if producing a cursor is my only and best  option. create or replace package body PK_RETAILER isPROCEDURE sp_Get_Order_History(v_ani IN number,output_cursor out PK_CURSORES.generic_cursor) ASBEGINopen output_cursor forselect o.account_number, p.phone, o.amount, o.name, o.init_datefrom orders ojoin users_phones p on p.account_number...

Passing array argument to Oracle stored procedure
I have PB 7.0.3 build 10047 and O84 driver running on Windows 2000 with Oracle 8i on a DEC Alpha. Is this the driver we should be using? If not what should we be using and where do I get it? I am getting an error message while passing an array argument to a stored procedure: Select error: ORA-06550: line 1, column 16: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to ...ORA-06550: line 1, column 16: PL/SQL statement ignored. And I do have SQLCA.dbparm ="pbdbms=0" It works fine if I pass a value that is not an array. Here is my pl/sql program: CREATE OR ...

ora_type and passing array to an oracle stored procedure
------_=_NextPart_001_01C1897F.15FAE2A0 Content-Type: text/plain Hello, I have two questions, one which I think is probably simple. 1. (the simple one). Is there a list of all the ora_type codes somewhere (e.g. ORA_CLOB, 24) 2. How do I pass an array from perl to a PL/SQL stored procedure using DBI? I have the following types in my database: SQL> desc id_rec Name Null? Type ----------------------------------------- -------- ------------------------ ---- ID NUMBER SQL> des...

Pass string array to oracle stored procedure.
Hi there, Am trying to pass a string array to an ORACLE 8i stored procedure, I have tested the procedure on the server and know it works, PB7 is giving me any error though when trying to save ; 'variable reference in database statement has unsupported data type' My PB code is; dec{0} ld_sys_ed_key STRING lsa_inp_key[],lsa_inp_val[] //Initialise lsa_inp_key[1] = '1900000137' lsa_inp_key[2] = '1900000139' lsa_inp_val[1] = 'ORCLEVAL' lsa_inp_val[2] = 'YES' ld_sys_ed_key = 0123456789 DECLARE insert_into_system_inputs PROCEDURE FOR ...

pass array to store procedure in dbi oracle
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C838.DC51E8C5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi is it posible to send an array to a store procedure in dbi ( oracle ) ? thanks =20 =20 Ran Aker R&D Programmer tel: 972.9.892.1052 =20 DealTime=AE<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o /> Compare products, prices, and=20 stores at www.dealtime.com <http://www.dealtime.com/>=20 =20 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C838.DC51E8C5-- ...

Is it possible to pass an array to a stored procedure -oracle
Hi, I am new to stored procedure based datawindows. Pb 6.5,Oracle 7.3.3. Could anybody clarify me that can we the pass the data in a DW to a oracle stored procedure as a input param in the form of an array or PL/SQL tables or some other means? Thanx mega Support for PL/SQL table arguments is limited to RPC calls with arrays of atomic data types. Arrays of records are not supported. meghavathy <mathi_a@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8#5esslb$GA.184@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > I am new to stored procedure based datawindows. > Pb 6.5,Oracle 7.3.3. >...

(Fwd) Pass Arrays to Stored Procedures in Oracle
----- Forwarded message from "Grimes, Greg" <ggrimes@ercot.com> ----- Delivered-To: tim.bunce@pobox.com Subject: Pass Arrays to Stored Procedures in Oracle Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:28:38 -0500 From: "Grimes, Greg" <ggrimes@ercot.com> To: <Tim.Bunce@pobox.com>, "Steve Baldwin" <stbaldwin@multiservice.com> X-OriginalArrivalTime: 13 Aug 2003 19:28:38.0385 (UTC) FILETIME=[1883B610:01C361D1] Steve, I saw your posting concerning pipelined functions. How does the perl script benefit from this approach? I would assume the perl scri...

Passing a .NET collection to a Oracle Stored procedure?
In my ASP.NET page I have a list box.  For each row in the list box, I need to invoke an Oracle SP that inserts some data. How would I go about passing the contents of the list box collection to the Stored procedure so that I can loop through it?   Hi,   If you're using Oracle's ODP.net provider, it allows you to pass PLSQL Associative Arrays, which would be the equivalent of passing an array of strings.    I don't believe Microsoft's ODP has that functionality though so if you're using it you'd probably need to concatenat...

Oracle procedure , oracle datareader
Hi , i had written the stored procedure for to reterive the rows values with some condition,and it is working fine. from .net code i am sending the condition values and executing by using the command, OracleDataReader reader=null; --- reader=cmd.ExecuteReader(CommandBehaviour.SingleRow); the problem is reader doesn't fetching the values the property of the reader.HasRows comes false after excution.       Natarajan Manoharan: Hi , i had written the stored procedure for to reterive the rows values with some condition,and it is working fine....

How to pass parameters to Oracle stored Procedure from SQL server.
I need to pass the parameters from SQL server 2000 to the Oracle Stored Procedure. Consider the code  CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE usp_InsertGroup(   inGroupID            CHAR,   inGroupName          VARCHAR2,   inGroupDescription   CLOB)ASBEGININSERT INTO Groups    (GroupID, GroupName, GroupDescription, LastUpdateDate)   VALUES(inGroupID, inGroupName, inGroupDescription, SYSDATE);END; Here the name of the Stored Procedu...

Web resources about - Passing array parameter to Oracle Procedure - asp.net.oracle

Google / Firefox Parameter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HS what? www.seroundtable.com/archives/017105.html

Alternatives to boolean parameters