Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: ORA-03113:end-of-file on communication channel in Oracle 10g

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

Exception details: Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: ORA-03113:end-of-file on communication channel

 My database is Oracle 10g, I am using .NET Framework 3.5 with Visual Studio 2008.

 It happened only once when first time in the morning I open my URL in my test server then this error popup at very first page of my site.

Next time onwars it work perfectly fine.

 Any Idea friends, Have you face the similar error, please tell me in details.

Thanks,

Vivek

0
vivek_cs

vivek_cs:
ORA-03113

 This is a generic error. This actually occurs when connection between Client and Server process is broken.

 There may be a lot of resons behind this -

   Server machine crashed
   Your server process was killed at O/S level
   Network problems
   Oracle internal errors / aborts on the server
   Client incorrectly handling multiple connections

vivek_cs:
please tell me in details.

check for network problems and review the SQL*Net setup. Also, look in the alert.log file for any errors.

Finally, test to see whether the server process is dead and whether a trace file was generated at failure time.

Check trace file.

Hope it helps.

-Manas

=======================================
If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer.
0
yeotumitsu
10/3/2008 4:30:05 AM

Yea, I read the same in google search, if the prob is so generic then how can i resolve the error as I need to know what is wrong actually to resolve the issue.

0
vivek_cs
10/3/2008 10:52:51 AM

Have you found a solution to this issue.  I am also getting the same problem ORA-03113.

0
creed

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

PB 10.5.1 Build 6021 , Oracle 10g server , Oracle 8i client. Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last character is getting truncated
Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last character is getting truncated. Similar Support Case : CR Number: 386424 Case Number: 11158124 I tried Disableunicode = 1 and not working .Is there any other workaround for oracle 8i client. That case was for Oracle 9i server and 8i client. There was a second workaround which was to use the Oracle 9i client. Not sure if that would work for you since you're on Oracle 10g server. > Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last > character is getting truncated. > > Simi...

Oracle client and DBD::Oracle
Hi to all Has anyone tried to install DBD::Oracle with success while Oracle Client is installed? In my case oci.h and some other headers were not found and i ultimately enforced to install the whole database server for the job. Is there any known trick about that? On 03/19/2005 06:44 AM, John said: > Has anyone tried to install DBD::Oracle with success while Oracle > Client is installed? > > In my case oci.h and some other headers were not found and i > ultimately enforced to install the whole database server for the job. > > Is there any known ...

how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can i use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & VS 2.0
 Hi all, Can any one tell me how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can I use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & vs 2.0. , for implement this is it compulsory to install oracle 10g server on the same machine on which I'm implementing this task  or otherwise i can use  other system as a server (like remote login or client server)  Hi,You should have the Oracle 10g Server or Client In your machine.In Case Client is in your Machine then Server Must be somewhere,that is enough to use.I hope then we ...

"End-of-file on communication channel" Oracle message
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------F6743F964F4490BDDFA5917E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, We are using PB6 (used to use PB5 with the same result) and an Oracle 8 database on NT. With either 7.3 drivers or 8 (beta) drivers, we are getting the following messages in either the database painter or at program execution time. The contract table has some child records, i.e. refferential integrity is defined, and most of relationships are defined as DELETE CASCADE, with contract being the primary. A quer...

Do I need to install both oracle 7.3 and oracle 8 clients to work my PB applications some with ora 7.3 and some ora 8?
Hi, My PB5 application uses Oracle 7.3 and PB8 applications uses oracle 8i. Do I need to install both Oracle 7.3 and Oracle 8 clients to deploy my PB 5 and PB 8 application. Please comment Thanks Mulinti I've answered this elsewhere. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/ http://www.pb9books.com <Mulinti> wrote in message news:D3D0347141F544BB0059FE7585256CBD.0059FE8585256CBD@webforums... > Hi, > > My PB5 application uses Oracle 7.3 and PB8 applications uses oracle 8i....

Choosing Oracle Client Version with Microsoft Managed Oracle Provider For .net
We need to change the Oracle Client that the System.Data.OracleClient uses to connect to our database on a server that has multiple versions of the Oracle Client. A different application on the server that we do not have control over is requiring the default ORACLE_HOME directory to remain an older Oracle 9i version of the client. Because of this, our applications using the Managed Oracle Provider for .net are using the 9i client to connect. We have a planned Oracle upgrade for our Database that will require us to use the new 10g version of the client that is also installed on the server, bu...

Problem compiling DBD::Oracle on FreeBSD with Oracle 10g Instant Client
--------------000605080507010504070807 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am trying to compile DBD::Oracle that will work with Oracle 10g on FreeBSD 6.3 Here is what I have done so far: 1. Installed the 3 Oracle Instant Client ports: - linux-oracle-instantclient-basic - linux-oracle-instantclient-sdk - linux-oracle-instantclient-sqlplus These install as follows: _The "basic files install in:_ /usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/Oracle/10.2.0.3/client/lib _The sqlplus installes in _: /usr/compat/linu...

PB10 Oracle client 8 and Oracle client 9
I recently migrate our apps from PB9 to PB10. Most of our users have oracle client 8 installed, some have oracle client 9. PCs with oracle 9 client can access our oracle db fine. PCs with oracle 8 client cannot. Datawindows cannot do a simple retrieve! Any help is appriciated! Thanks! HD First thing you want to do is post over in the powerbuilder.connectivity or powerbuilder.database section. This is the PBNI section, which doesn't have anything to do with connectivity to a particular database. "HD" <hdoan@umn.edu> wrote in message news:434e9ad...

PB10 Oracle client 8 and oracle client 9
I recently migrate our apps from PB9 to PB10. Most of our users have oracle client 8 installed, some have oracle client 9. PCs with oracle 9 client can access our oracle db fine. PCs with oracle 8 client cannot. Datawindows cannot do a simple retrieve! Any help is appriciated! Thanks! HD I use O84 driver to access Oracle 8i/9i without problem. What are you using? Any error messages. Have you run a pbtrace (SQLCA.DBMS="trace O84") ? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement reque...

OCIEnvNlsCreate error with DBD::Oracle 1.21 and Oracle 10g client in Cygwin
Hi I had posted a few days ago about facing problems installing DBD::Oracle with Oracle 10g client under Cygwin. Though those were circumvented successfully, when I try to run a simple script that calls DBI->Connect, I get DBI connect(....) failed: ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate. Check ORACLE_HOME env var, NLS settings, permissions, etc. at tmp.pl line 12 Error ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate. Check ORACLE_HOME env var, NLS settings, permissions, etc. at tmp.pl line 12. ORACLE_HOME C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_2 ORACLE_SID DEVDB TWO_TASK DEVDB NLS_LANG WE8ISO8859P15 I saw some earlier threa...

Restore
Hello, I'm trying to restore a 12.x database taken from one environment into another. I'm getting the following error (names changed to protect the innocent): 1> use master 2> go 1> load database foo from "/tmp/foo" 2> go Backup Server session id is: 67. Use this value when executing the 'sp_volchanged' system stored procedure after fulfilling any volume change request from the Backup Server. Backup Server: 6.28.1.1: Dumpfile name 'portal0303010542 ' section number 1 mounted on disk file '/tmp/foo Msg 3223, Level 20, Sta...

Replicating Oracle to Oracle
How do I use replication server to replicate between two oracle databases when some of the tables to be replicated has no primary key or unique index constraint? We'll apreciate your contributions. Femi Olumofin Covenant Visions Int'l +234-1-4976764 In Sybase, you can create clustered index on the unique key in the table and use the unique key as your primary key in the replication definition. It should work in oracle as well since that functionalilty is built in repserver and not Oracle. Bawoni Femi Olumofin wrote: > How do I use replication server to re...

Replication from Oracle to Oracle
I'm about replicating between two Oracle 7.0 databases. What other Sybase tools do I need apart from Replication agent for Oracle? Thank you. Femi Olumofin Femi Olumofin wrote: > > I'm about replicating between two Oracle 7.0 databases. What other Sybase > tools do I need apart from Replication agent for Oracle? You'll also need the Replication Server product (duh, Mark?!?!). -- Mark Parsons Pegasys Ltd Hi Femi: Besides Rep Server, you need ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), DCO (Direct Connect for Oracle), and CIS (Component Integration ...

Web resources about - Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: ORA-03113:end-of-file on communication channel in Oracle 10g - asp.net.oracle