Oracle Query #2

Hi,

I write a query ,

Select due_date from bill

due_date is char(notice)

I get ,13022009
I want to include "/" in char so that it comes 13/02/2009.
Also i want it to do thru sql query itself.how do i write the query.

Tanks

Warm Regards
Kumar Harsh
0
KumarHarsh

Convert to char:

 to_char(due_date, 'dd/mm/yyyy')

Regards,
Stefan Uzunov
0
Steelymar
4/23/2009 7:15:41 AM

Try this
Select to_char(to_date(due_date,'ddmmyyyy'),'dd/mm/yyyy') from bill;

Many Thanks & Best Regards,
HuaMin Chen

(Mark it as answer if it does help you!)
0
wmec
4/23/2009 7:35:29 AM
mind it due_date is already char
and result should be in dd/mm/yyyy like 13/02/2009
and not like 13 Feb,2009
Warm Regards
Kumar Harsh
0
KumarHarsh
4/23/2009 7:38:09 AM

Have you tried with my way?

Many Thanks & Best Regards,
HuaMin Chen

(Mark it as answer if it does help you!)
0
wmec
4/23/2009 7:42:40 AM

Thanks a lot,it work

Warm Regards
Kumar Harsh
0
KumarHarsh

It work, now I how do I insert the string(which hold date in oracle date column from c#.
read my sentence carefully.

string strdate="21-04-2009 10:33:04";
I have to insert this string into oracle date column throuhg c#.

How do I go ?

Thanks

Warm Regards
Kumar Harsh
0
KumarHarsh
4/24/2009 10:17:19 AM

Do you want to insert it to a date column? You can refer to it like
to_date(strdate,'dd-mm-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')

Many Thanks & Best Regards,
HuaMin Chen

(Mark it as answer if it does help you!)
0
wmec

how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can i use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & VS 2.0
 Hi all, Can any one tell me how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can I use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & vs 2.0. , for implement this is it compulsory to install oracle 10g server on the same machine on which I'm implementing this task  or otherwise i can use  other system as a server (like remote login or client server)  Hi,You should have the Oracle 10g Server or Client In your machine.In Case Client is in your Machine then Server Must be somewhere,that is enough to use.I hope then we ...

DBD:Oracle for Oracle 9.0.2 and 9.2 ?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2F2A5.306833FA Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, =20 Currently in a project to convert our existing 7.3.4 and 8.1.7 Databases to Oracle9i.( Either the 9.0.1 or 9.2 version ) Now I'm having some problems connecting to some test databases I have setup. Do I need to upgrade my perl version or Dbi / DBD version to be able to connect? I keep getting the :=20 =20 DBI->connect(servwhDBMET) failed: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel (DBD: login failed) =20 ...

DBD::Oracle for Oracle 9i versoin 9.2.0 (64 bit Oracle)
I am unable to compile/build DBD::Oracle with Oracle 9i (64-bit Oracle RDBMS) library. Could someone please help? Thanks. regards surjit This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail postmaster@equifax.com. On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 05:14:03PM -0400, Surjit.Sahoo@equifax.com wrote: ...

install_driver(Oracle) failed while connecting to oracle 10.2.0.2
------_=_NextPart_001_01C754F1.5B924345 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable HI Could u pls help on this issue. =20 Presently we are using the following versions=20 =20 Perl version -------- perl, v5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris DBD::ORACLE --------- 1.15 DBI version ---------- 1.28 ORACLE -------- oracle 10.2.0.2 =20 =20 =20 THE BELOW CODE WAS WORKING FINE WITH ORACLE 9.2.0.8 =20 =20 =20 use DBI; print "hi"; =20 print "\n"; =...

RE: install_driver(Oracle) failed while connecting to oracle 10.2.0.2
------_=_NextPart_001_01C7551C.302725D3 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Philip We have Changed the permissions . Even after that, I am getting the following error as =20 =20 install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracl e.so' for module DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: libclntsh.so.9.0: open failed: No such file or directory at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 206. at (eval 1) l...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

DBD::Oracle and Oracle 9.2?
My sysadmin is trying to install DBD::Oracle on a Solaris box running Oracle 9.2. The ph_type.t test is failing with PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 ./perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/base.......ok t/cursor.....ok t/general....ok t/long.......ok t/meta.......ok t/ph_type....NOK 12 expected 'trailing' but got 'trailing ' for VARCHAR2 t/ph_type....FAILED test 12 Failed 1/19 tests, 94.74% okay t/plsql......ok t/reauth.....skipped all skipped: no reason given t/s...

RE: :Oracle and Oracle 9.2?
I have the same experience on Linux however on Windows all tests passes = (I'm not sure if it is related to different Oracle version - test of = windows Perl against Linux Oracle is OK). Linux Oracle: 9.2.0.2 Windows Oracle: 9.2.0.1 DBI: 1.35 DBD::Oracle: 1.14 -- Petr Smejkal -- Business Systems Analyst / Country IT Cz/Sk -- +420 284 059 639 > -----Original Message----- > From: Tom Malaher [mailto:tmalaher@netstart.com] > Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 1:35 AM > To: dbi-users@perl.org > Subject: DBD::Oracle and Oracle 9.2? >=20 >=20 > My sysadmi...

DBD::Oracle 1.12 on Oracle 9iR2 9.2.0.2 test errors (again)
Hello again, I am still not having any luck in getting the tests to pass. It appears to be the CLOB re-reading that is failing. I have checked all the usual places for help. I have also tried creating a test stub that does a similar thing to the failed tests. Below is the full set of information from the build and test as requested (note this is long). Anyone any ideas? Ben. > perl Makefile.PL -v Using DBI 1.32 installed in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/auto/DBI Duplicate specification "S=s" for option "s" Configuring D...

DBD::Oracle 1.12 on Oracle 9iR2 9.2.0.2 test errors
Hello. I am having some problems testing DBD-Oracle-1.12 in the following environment: Solaris 9 Perl 5.8.0 Oracle 9.2.0.2.0 DBI 1.32 Compilation is fine. Output from test stage is: PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/base.......ok t/general....ok t/long.......Unexpectedly had to drop old test table 'dbd_ora__drop_me' t/long.......ok 97/143Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at t/long.t line 230. # failed test 98 at line 230...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

DBD::Oracle and Oracle 9.2.0
need help making DBD:0racle work with Oracle 9.2.0 transcript follows this msg. Problem appears to be related to 64-bit libraries. After initial failure of "make", dropped back and ran perl Makefile.PL -p make make test Encountered fatal error at make test. Can someone drop me a clue as to where/what to try next? Truly appreciate any help. Regards, Gus << TRANSCRIPT OF SESSION >> [oracle@jumpstart DBD-Oracle-1.14]$ perl Makefile.PL Using DBI 1.37 installed in /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris-thread-multi/aut...

Web resources about - Oracle Query #2 - asp.net.oracle

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

News Oracle
The News Oracle is an online news outlet. The Oracle covers the most relevant stories from around the globe.

Oracle Acquires Facebook Data Partner Datalogix
One of Facebook’s data partners has a new owner, as Datalogix was acquired by Oracle , the two companies announced Tuesday. (more…) New Career ...

Oracle settles with FTC over Java’s “deceptive” security patching
Way to go, Oracle. (credit: Oracle PR) Oracle received a public slap on the wrist from the Federal Trade Commission over Java SE, the desktop ...

Oracle Slips: Cloud Shines, But Slower Growth, Margin Expansion Disappoint
Shares of software giant Oracle ( ORCL ) today closed down $1.98, over 5%, at $36.93, after the company yesterday afternoon delivered fiscal ...

Oracle agrees to warn Java users of malware risk
Oracle is about to issue a warning that Java users could be exposed to malware, the media have reported on Tuesday. The exposure is the result ...

The FTC says Oracle 'deceived consumers' and left software on 850 million PCs vulnerable to hackers
The FTC just issued a press release that took Oracle to task for what it says is the company's role in leaving up to 850 million PCs susceptible ...

Regulators Accuse Oracle Of Deceiving Customers About Security Of Java Updates
The owners of more than 850 million personal computers using Oracle’s Java Platform Standard Edition were misled about the security of their ...

Morning Minute: Warriors shake off loss, destroy Suns at Oracle
... A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Morning Minute: Warriors shake off loss, destroy Suns at Oracle ...