Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client

To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess.

There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2.

If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.

 My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.

0
cattemp

That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET installs policy files into the GAC which redirect an app looking for an older version of odp.net to a newer one, so all you'd really need to do is make sure you compile with the minimum version your app users would have and the app should automatically work with that version and any newer.

Hope it helps

Greg

0
greg

Choosing Oracle Client Version with Microsoft Managed Oracle Provider For .net
We need to change the Oracle Client that the System.Data.OracleClient uses to connect to our database on a server that has multiple versions of the Oracle Client. A different application on the server that we do not have control over is requiring the default ORACLE_HOME directory to remain an older Oracle 9i version of the client. Because of this, our applications using the Managed Oracle Provider for .net are using the 9i client to connect. We have a planned Oracle upgrade for our Database that will require us to use the new 10g version of the client that is also installed on the server, bu...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

How call a Oracle Function using Microsoft .Net Oracle Client (System.Data.OracleClient)?
I try to call Oracle Function in .net C# by using System.Data.OracleClient. But i am not successful. Here is my code FUNCTION TTHAO_MONTT_EXISTS ( vten varchar2) RETURN boolean IS ret boolean; montt_id integer; BEGIN ret:=false; montt_id:= -1; select monthethao_id into montt_id from TTHAO_MONTHETHAO where ten = vten; if montt_id!=-1 then ret:=true; end if; return ret; Exception when others then return false; END; I do not know, when I call function TTHAO_MONTT_E...

Version of Oracle ODP.NET client?
Does DW.NET 2.0 require a specific version of the ODP.NET client? I just installed the latest version from the Oracle site (10.2.02) and I am getting a strange exception on AdoTrans.BindConnection: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection' to type 'Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection'. at Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.Block.OraBlock.GetConnect(Object[] input, Dbms& dbms, DBVersion& dbVer, String& user) at Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.DbRoutine.GetConnect(DbDrivers type, Object[] input, ...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

Where can I get native PB drivers for ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3
( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL *Net version 2.x , 32 bit implementation. All versions of PB Enterprise (5,6,7) have the native O73 driver. If you have PB Professional, you can only use ODBC to connect to Oracle. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38A8FD91.6218D227@hotmail.com... > ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL > *Net version 2...

Oracle client and DBD::Oracle
Hi to all Has anyone tried to install DBD::Oracle with success while Oracle Client is installed? In my case oci.h and some other headers were not found and i ultimately enforced to install the whole database server for the job. Is there any known trick about that? On 03/19/2005 06:44 AM, John said: > Has anyone tried to install DBD::Oracle with success while Oracle > Client is installed? > > In my case oci.h and some other headers were not found and i > ultimately enforced to install the whole database server for the job. > > Is there any known ...

Problem with Oracle Stored Procedures using ODP.NET in VB.NET (VS 2003)
This is the stored procedure,Procedure RetrieveReservations(pProperty In Varchar2,pResHeaderId In Varchar2,pEmail In Varchar2,pPasswd In Varchar2,ResultSet In Out ResCursor);This is the old .asp code (part of it)objConn.ConnectionString = Application("BackEndConnection_ConnectionString")objConn.Open objComm.ActiveConnection = objConn objComm.CommandText = "internet_package.RetrieveReservations"objComm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.CreateParameter("pProperty", adVarChar , adParamInput, 8, Request.QueryString("propid"))objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.Crea...

vb.net function and Oracle procedure to get an Oracle Dataset??
I have similar code (a procedure and function) working perfectly with a sql server data source. I;'m trying to do the same things with Oracle, but have run into the problems.    I'm not an oracle expert, so I'm not sure if producing a cursor is my only and best  option. create or replace package body PK_RETAILER isPROCEDURE sp_Get_Order_History(v_ani IN number,output_cursor out PK_CURSORES.generic_cursor) ASBEGINopen output_cursor forselect o.account_number, p.phone, o.amount, o.name, o.init_datefrom orders ojoin users_phones p on p.account_number...

Deriving parameters using Oracle.DataAccess.Client (ODP.NET)
Hello, In an effort to resolve my other posted issue, I started porting the DAAB to use ODP.NET instead of System.Data.OracleClient. I am wondering if there is any way with Oracle.DataAccess.Client to achieve the System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters() functionality of deriving all the parameters in a stored procedure command?Best Regards, Joe Mozelesky jmozelesky {at} comcast {dot} net...

PB10 Oracle client 8 and Oracle client 9
I recently migrate our apps from PB9 to PB10. Most of our users have oracle client 8 installed, some have oracle client 9. PCs with oracle 9 client can access our oracle db fine. PCs with oracle 8 client cannot. Datawindows cannot do a simple retrieve! Any help is appriciated! Thanks! HD First thing you want to do is post over in the powerbuilder.connectivity or powerbuilder.database section. This is the PBNI section, which doesn't have anything to do with connectivity to a particular database. "HD" <hdoan@umn.edu> wrote in message news:434e9ad...

Web resources about - Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client - asp.net.oracle

Breaking: Mulitple Shooting, Hostage Situation at WI Sikh Temple
There have been multiple shootings and an ongoing hostage situation at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin just south of Milwaukee. At least ...

How A Mulitple-Choice Test Became A Fixture Of The NFL Draft
A s Charles Wonderlic drove from the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis to his company’s headquarters near Chicago on February 27, 2011, he ...

Grand Jury Indicts Former ‘Sons of Guns’ Star Will Hayden On Mulitple Rape Charges
An East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury has indicted former reality TV star Will Hayden on multiple counts of rape involving two preteen victims ...

SCi/Eidos being courted for buyout by mulitple companies
SCi Entertainment, parent company of Eidos, admitted earlier this month it was in preliminary discussions of being bought. Turns out the three ...

Kardashians Reportedly Staged Mulitple Interventions for Rob
Rob Kardashian seemingly continues to struggle with depression. The 28-year-old reality star is reportedly not doing well and his family has ...

Amazon shows off Fire smartphone with 3D, mulitple cameras
Amazon has introduced a new smartphone that will be closely tied to the products and services it sells, while adding such touches as the ability ...

Amazon Readying Mulitple New Kindle Tablets, According to Staples
A handful of new Amazon Kindle Fire tablets in different sizes are on the way, according to a Staples executive.

Nano Rally on the App Store on iTunes
Get Nano Rally on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Discussions - Twitter Developers
Skip to Main Content Area Developers API Health API Status API Issues Blog Discussions Documentation Overview REST API Streaming API Twitter ...