Oracle managed provider for .Net 2.0

Does ADO.Net 2.0 comes with Oracle Managed Provider too? If it's so, which is better to use, Oracle Managed Provider developed by Microsoft or by Oracle?

In ADO.Net 2.0 can I use data paging (bring only the ammount of data that will be shown on the actual page instead of bringing all the data every time we change the actual page)? How can I do this using Oracle 10g?

Juliano Nunes
MCAD | MCP | Microsoft Student Partner

http://julianonetfox2.spaces.live.com
0
juliano_netfox

(Does ADO.Net 2.0 comes with Oracle Managed Provider too? If it's so, which is better to use, Oracle Managed Provider developed by Microsoft or by Oracle?)

That depends on the version of Oracle you are using if you are in 8i Oracle does not support it so you have to use Microsoft but if you are in 9i and above then use Oracle.

(In ADO.Net 2.0 can I use data paging (bring only the ammount of data that will be shown on the actual page instead of bringing all the data every time we change the actual page)? How can I do this using Oracle 10g?)

Yep just lookup Oracle ROW_Number function, I have posted some very good Oracle resource in the thread below.  Hope this helps.

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1465498.aspx

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

Oracle Data Providers and NET 2.0
I am trying to gather a list of possible .NET 2.0 Data PRoviders to access an Oracle database other than the Microsoft Oracle provider and ODP.NET. Anyone using any that they would recommend and are industrial strength?Thanks,Bill KBill KirkmanConcentra Preferred Systemsbkirkman@-nospam-concentra.com Here is the link . http://www.datadirect.com/products/net/index.ssp Actually I don't use this product but people said it's much faster than the microsoft and the oracle data provider. ...

Oracle Data Provider for .NET 2.0
Does anybody know where to find the Oracle Data Provider for ASP.NET 2.0 (if it exists)?Thanks Hello, You can use the SQLDataSource to connect to Oracle.  SQL doesn't mean SQL Server, but rather a SQL database.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).  T ry the link below I am not saying it includes the Asp.net 2.0 provider but this is a new tool from Oracle.  Hope this helps.http://www.oracle.com/webapps/dialogue/dlgpage.jsp?p_dlg_i...

Choosing Oracle Client Version with Microsoft Managed Oracle Provider For .net
We need to change the Oracle Client that the System.Data.OracleClient uses to connect to our database on a server that has multiple versions of the Oracle Client. A different application on the server that we do not have control over is requiring the default ORACLE_HOME directory to remain an older Oracle 9i version of the client. Because of this, our applications using the Managed Oracle Provider for .net are using the 9i client to connect. We have a planned Oracle upgrade for our Database that will require us to use the new 10g version of the client that is also installed on the server, bu...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

.NET ASE Provider for .NET 2.0
Has Sybase released their .NET ASE Provider for .NET 2.0 yet? Thanks, Todd > Has Sybase released their .NET ASE Provider for .NET 2.0 > yet? > > Thanks, > Todd Hye Todd, Looks like sybase is not going to release .NET Provider for .NET 2.0 Framework . Please have a look at this link http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1038292 Sybase has released provider for .net framework 2.0 and through which we connect to sybase 15.0 database. I am not sure whether we will be able to connect to sybase 12.5.2 and utilize .net framework 2.0 features. If you come acor...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Web resources about - Oracle managed provider for .Net 2.0 - asp.net.oracle

Provider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Providers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeppe Federspiel and Rasmus Stabell started as musicians playing drums. Years later, they joined forces to form Providers, an urban production ...

Facebook App Provider North Social Is Already Thinking About The Holidays
Facebook application provider North Social used its iFrame Editor Facebook app to create a quiz for its Facebook page, with a surprise at the ...

Apple, Google among streaming providers NFL is expecting to bid on Thursday Night Football
... information about Apple , Google , and Apple TV continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple, Google among streaming providers ...

Town that has no cell phone service loses its primary Internet provider
... and aside from satellite, the town had just one option for anything resembling modern Internet access. Unfortunately, that broadband provider ...

Public option and provider reimbursement nudges
On Twitter, there is a long and productive discussion about provider pricing and the recent study on commercial payer rate variations. Part of ...

Salesforce: Bulls Love Purchase of App Provider SteelBrick
... has acquired startup SteelBrick , one of its application partners, for $360 million in stock. SteelBrick has billed itself as the largest provider ...

Cable providers still have no answer for Netflix as cord-cutting accelerates
While cable providers over the past few decades have grown fat off of exorbitant cable packages that overcharge and under-deliver, the rise of ...

Comcast CEO responds to the biggest complaint about internet service providers
Henry Blodget interviewed Comcast's CEO, Brian Roberts, at the IGNITION conference on Tuesday. Blodget asked Roberts about what Comcast calls ...

Brazil Provides Incentives For Distributed Electricity Providers
... electricity. These include tax incentives and available lines of credit [&hellip Brazil Provides Incentives For Distributed Electricity Providers ...