Oracle database connection using Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 2.0 framework

My connection string is in my web config file, generated when I added a sql data source.  I can go under tools and connect to database and compare the connection string there to the one in web config and they are the same but when I try to view my page which contains a gridview I get a database connection error saying  "Keyword not supported: 'unicode'."  When I remove the unicode=true parameter from the connection string then I get an error message about trying to connect to sql server.  Could someone please give me a clue on how to go about solving this?  Thank you in advance!

0
Karen4

What does the connection string entry look like in your web.config?

johram
4/17/2008 2:24:14 PM
<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=AEWH;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=xxxxx;Password=xxxxx;Unicode=True" />

0
Karen4
4/17/2008 2:45:15 PM

I am no expert on Oracle, but I've managed to connect to Oracle in the past, using ODP.net. Can't find the connection string I used then though.

But a good source for connection string syntaxes can be found here: http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=oracle

Try experimenting with different formats/syntaxes that you find on this page.

johram
4/18/2008 10:09:26 AM

 check my reply here..

hope it help...

Hope it helps.

-Manas

=======================================
If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer.
0
yeotumitsu
4/18/2008 5:09:18 PM

http://forums.asp.net/t/1246799.aspx

Hope it helps.

-Manas

=======================================
If this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer.
0
yeotumitsu
4/22/2008 12:31:44 PM

Thanks for your message, I found out prior to your message that I needed to use an Oracle Data Provider directly from Oracle rather than the one included in the .net 2.0 framework.

Thank you.

0
Karen4

Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Stu
Why Visual Studio 2005 ask me to convert a solution already got converted Somebody did the conversion of a solution from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 by using the automatic conversion wizard of Visual Studio 2005. Then, he changed to another company. Now, I take over his job. Unfortunately, when I attempted to open that solution, Visual Studio 2005 prompted me the conversion wizard again to forced me to perform a conversion on the solution. Does someone know why?--Harish Patel www.MicrosoftSQLandASP.netpatelharish@gmail.com Hi, How many projects are in the solution, does it have UNLOADE...

Using Visual Studio.NET 2005 with .NET Framework 1.1
I'm wondering how easy it is to use Visual Studio.NET 2005 to develop with the .NET Framework 1.1. The 2005 IDE is superior to the VS 2003 IDE (especially in terms of HTML editing), and I would like to switch over in the future. However, my project is not quite ready to be converted to .NET 2.0. Can anyone direct me to an article on this or have any advice? Thanks, Allen K. There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't. Did you get an answer to this one? I would like to know the same..Thanks! The VS 2005 IDE was created to...

How Do I Upgrade to .NET Framework 2.0 From Visual Studio .NET 2003
Hello,I am currently using Visual Studio .NET 2003, which uses the .NET Framework 1.1. How do I upgrade to 2.0, and integrate it into my IDE?Thanks!~ Di You need to get VS2005 to develop under .Net 2.0."This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights"...

problem in deployment in server visual studio .net 2005 framework 2.0
i developed simple web based project in Visual studio .net 2005 and it is working fine in my system . So i copied this project in server and copied in C:\inetpub\wwwroot . Then using IIS i made this project as Virtual directory in the server . WHen i run the project i am getting the following error . Couldnt load type '_Default' then i reffered the below link . http://dotnetfish.blogspot.com/2007/10/could-not-load-type-default.html  and make the Version to framework 2.0 . Then when i run my application i am getting 'page cant found ' . So i installed Visual studio.net...

how to connect Oracle Database in Smart Device Application using .Net Compact Framework
Edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums Dear all, I am using Smart Device Application using .Net Compact Framework & want to access Oracle database (such as inserting,updating,retrieving data from oracle database). Can anyone provide me any code (in C#) for data access or any link related to this topic? Regsrds Anirban You did not mention where your oracle database resides. One way is to write a web service where you can write all your code related to database access and manipulation. You can call this web service from your sm...

how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can i use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & VS 2.0
 Hi all, Can any one tell me how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can I use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & vs 2.0. , for implement this is it compulsory to install oracle 10g server on the same machine on which I'm implementing this task  or otherwise i can use  other system as a server (like remote login or client server)  Hi,You should have the Oracle 10g Server or Client In your machine.In Case Client is in your Machine then Server Must be somewhere,that is enough to use.I hope then we ...

How Do I Use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit In Visual Studio 2008 When Targetting .NET 2.0 Framework?
I have recently converted a lot of Visual Studio 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1 projects to Visual Studio 2008 / .NET Framework 2.0.  I want to be able to use AJAX and AJAX Control Toolkit under Visual Studio 2008 while we target the .NET 2.0 Framework.  Unfortunately, we cannot target .NET Framework 3.5 because we need Windows 2003 Server for that and we only have Windows 2000.  I do not want to use Visual Studio 2005 either.  Is it possible to do what I want given these conditions?You can't stop entropy so why even try? The simple answer is yes.  What pr...

Me've a BIg Questions in using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express and .NET framework 2.0
wassap Guys: I've downloaded Visual Web Developer 2005 Express but I've not installed it yet. I have some Q's as follows : Can Visual Web Developer 2005 Express make projects in the same process such as visual studio.NET 2003 and 2005 'Here I do mean does it make code behind files for each page automatically and BIN directory and .vbproj or csproj extension for each project? Can I use the previous application to run and script ASP.Net 1.1? If I would like to install .NET framework 2.0 ,Can I run ASP.net 1.1 on this framework or not ? sorry guys it might be idiot Q's but th...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Web resources about - Oracle database connection using Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 2.0 framework - asp.net.oracle

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...