oracle connection string

hi

i am using vs2005 and oracle10g in my project.i have to insert data from gui to backend.can any one help me in writing connection string to this connection.i am new to this field.i dont know how to write command and conn string.

Thanks in advance

0
joynee

Go here:  http://www.connectionstrings.com/

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
3/13/2008 3:48:51 PM

i am using vs2005 and oracle10g in my project.i have to insert data from gui to backend.can any one help me in writing connection string to this connection.i am new to this field.i dont know how to write command and conn string.

ConnectionString="provider=msdaora; data source= ; user name=scott; password=tiger";

data source name must fill

0
arif_69_

How to pass oracle connection string to crystal report in .net
hi all i am using reportdocument  class  of crystal report i have oracle connection string , i need to pass this connection dtring to reportdocument  ...   regards rajesh         Actually there is no need to set seperate connectionstring for crystal report, in your case you fetch some records from DB and fill into the Dataset afterwards you just pass the DataSet.Tables[0] into DataSource property of the crystal report.If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer...

connection string for Oracle database c# dot net
how to connect the oracle database from the asp.net C# code.. thanks in advance for your guidance.. Hi, take a look at: http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=oracle. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers. it was useful. thanks a lot.....

string length limitation or encoding difference in dw.net connection to Oracle?
Hi, I do not expect the readers of this group to be an Oracle expert, but I think however this is the right place to ask. When using the Oracle dbms_utility.get_hash_value( :string1 || :string2, 1000000000, power(2, 30 ) ) this Oracle error is raised: ORA-01849: result of string concatenation is too long. If indeed I make :string1 and :string2 shorter, it works. Strange is however that this works well in my PB app and as soon as I use the same datastore in my DataWindow .NET application, this error is thrown. If I do a retrieve by filling in the parameters in the database painter ...

How to Connect Oracle 10g with connection String and SqlDataSource
I want to connect Oracle Database 10g with SQLDataSource to select, update and insert the data and whats the connection string to connect Oracle Database with ASP.net, oledb, Microsoft ODBC or ASP.net ADO   http://www.connectionstrings.com/ Hi Dear, i am also looking for answer of same question.Regards,AvinashPlease don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Refer to this Sub OracleDbList_SelectedIndexChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) If OracleDbList.SelectedIndex <> -1 Then Dim db As String = OracleDbList.SelectedItem.Te...

what options of connection string should i use to connect to oracle
hiI was trying to connect to my oracle server. I am getting the error using System; using System.Data.OracleClient; namespace DataAccess {         {            public DBconnect()             {                      OracleConnection oOracleConn = new OracleConnection();             &...

Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB
Can anyone assist me on Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB ? Thank you very much in advance. -- John Fotiadis Direct +30 94-464225 Senior Systems Engineer Relational Technology S.A. In article <34979B76.67A813A8@sybase.com.gr>, johnf@sybase.com.gr says... > Can anyone assist me on Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through > SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB ? > > Thank you very much in advance. > > -- > John Fotiadis > Direct +30 94-464225 > Senior Systems Enginee...

Connect to Oracle using Oracle Names
--27197788-12003-985187237=:188 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII Content-Language: en-GBR Hi, I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database using Oracle Names but cannot get it to work. If I add the database to tnsnames.ora it works fine. Is Oracle Names not supported and if not will it ever be supported? Ben Schol (ben_schol@hotmail.com) --27197788-12003-985187237=:188 Content-Type: TEXT/x-cdsi-msrtf; CHARSET=US-ASCII Content-ID: 0 Content-Language: en-GBR {\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl {\f0\fmodern\fcharset0 Courier New;}} \uc1\pard\lang1033\ulnone\f0\fs20 Hi...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

OleDb.Net vs. ODBC.Net Connection to Oracle
I want to connect to an Oracle database, and I understand that I can use either the OleDB.Net data provider or the ODBC.Net data provider for my connection. Does it matter which one I use? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Would appreciate any input. ODBC is slower than OleDb. because ODBC has to talk to OleDbProvider then OleDbProvider will talk to Oracle Db. Instead if you are able to use OleDb straight to DB then it will be faster. If you only have THOSE choices, I would take OleDb over ODBC any day. If you are using Framework 1.1, you have the choice of using th...

Connection string for Oracle
Hi, all. We need to connect to an Oracle 9i db and were wondering if the Oracle Client Tools software must be installed on the server for that to work. Also, is it possible to include the TNSNAMES.ORA items in the connection string itself? We came across it awhile back but can't remember where. Thanks. One the webserver, you need to have 9i Client! as it has to use OCI.dll to talk to oracle.Also you can use (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=HostName)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=ServiceName))) this instead of TNS name in your connecting string!Hope it h...

oracle connectivity with .net
I just want to make the connectivity of .net with oracle database . i just want to know the steps for it and also the connection string. also one more thing, Is oracle connectivity with .net working smothly as with mssql? Please help me .  ThanksAnkur PanditM.Tech(cse)persuingIndia  If you are familier with conncting MySql with asp.net - you need no to do much.  ankurpandit:Is oracle connectivity with .net working smothly as with mssql?  Yes, its very smooth. Once you will start digging oracle - you will feel the immense power of this RDBMS.  =============...

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

Web resources about - oracle connection string - asp.net.oracle

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.