ORA - 12154

Hello, I have a problem to access to oracle database with asp.net 1.1.

I have a database server Oracle 8i on a machine.

I have an other machine with a IIS server and Oracle CLIENT 9i. I try to access with the Oracle Data Provider (ODP 9.2) OR whith system.data.oracleclient but i have alway the same error message:

ORA-12154: TNS Symbolic adress could not be resolved

I can log on database with SQLPlus or with VB.net application but not with asp.net.

I give to IUSR, IWAN and ASPNET user right on ORACLE920 directory.

code part:
Dim con As New Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection
con.ConnectionString = "Data Source=geo_bure;user id=abc;password=abc;persist security Info=False"
con.Open()

Tnsname.ora:
GEO_BURE =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = kiwi)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SID = GEOBURE2)
    )
  )

I think the problem is user right on Oracle client but i don't Know what is the problem. Is there any configuration on IIS and ASP.net ?

Thank's for your help

0
Limdûl

Try as follows

open the sqlnet file in the server

change the following line from SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

to SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)

Regards,

Krishna Kishore.  View My Blog
0
csharppointer
12/14/2005 9:33:18 AM

I have still this configuration on my server.

I have find something : if i choose "Basic authentification" on ISS it's works.

But i don't want to use Windows authentification but the anonymous. Does anyone knows a IIS configuration issue ?

Thank's

0
Limdûl
12/14/2005 10:34:49 AM
Remove integrated window autheitication from iis directory security tab

Regards,

Krishna Kishore.  View My Blog
0
csharppointer
12/14/2005 12:06:17 PM
Hm, I had similar error when connecting remote database, even though
with 10g. To solve it I had to go to C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/etc,
opened file hosts and under localhost row added another row with
adderss of remote Oracle database and its service name, like

185.87.23.18 iseuba orcl

0
Dryden

Do I need to install both oracle 7.3 and oracle 8 clients to work my PB applications some with ora 7.3 and some ora 8?
Hi, My PB5 application uses Oracle 7.3 and PB8 applications uses oracle 8i. Do I need to install both Oracle 7.3 and Oracle 8 clients to deploy my PB 5 and PB 8 application. Please comment Thanks Mulinti I've answered this elsewhere. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/ http://www.pb9books.com <Mulinti> wrote in message news:D3D0347141F544BB0059FE7585256CBD.0059FE8585256CBD@webforums... > Hi, > > My PB5 application uses Oracle 7.3 and PB8 applications uses oracle 8i....

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

OleDb.Net vs. ODBC.Net Connection to Oracle
I want to connect to an Oracle database, and I understand that I can use either the OleDB.Net data provider or the ODBC.Net data provider for my connection. Does it matter which one I use? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Would appreciate any input. ODBC is slower than OleDb. because ODBC has to talk to OleDbProvider then OleDbProvider will talk to Oracle Db. Instead if you are able to use OleDb straight to DB then it will be faster. If you only have THOSE choices, I would take OleDb over ODBC any day. If you are using Framework 1.1, you have the choice of using th...

Problems connecting to Oracle (ORA-01034: ORACLE not available)
Hello people, I just installed Oracle 8.1.7 for Linux on Slackware Linux 7.1, I am using Perl 5.6.1, DBI 1.19, and DBD-Oracle 1.07. After installing / compiling every thing i tryed the following script: # ----- #!/usr/bin/perl use DBI; $database = 'DB'; $driver = 'Oracle'; $user = 'USERNAME'; $password = ''; $server = 'IP_ADDRESS'; %attr = ( PrintError => 1, RaiseError => 1 ); $dbh=DBI->connect("DBI:$driver:host=$server;SID=$database",$usuario,$password,\%attr)|| die "cant connect $DBI::err...

Oracle and .Net
I realize this is an open ended question.  I've written several applications that use Access databases as input.  All of my reading, writing, deleting and updating to these databases were always through Oledbconnections; then creating Sql parameter queries or just creating queries in code to manage data.  I may be getting involved with an application whose data is kept in an Oracle database.  How much different is it from obtaining data from Access databases?  Does the same theories apply:  Create a connection, open the connection, r...

ODBC: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00911: invalid character
Hi all, I am trying to syncronised Oracle database(8i) to ASA 8. I am getting = an error "ODBC: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00911: invalid character" when i run= =20 mobilink client. I am pasting the whole log information from the server=20 window Have anyone faced this kind of problem? OS=3DWin2K PPB=3DBeta 2C Build 106 ASA=3D 8 Oracle On Server =3D Oracle8i Driver for Oracle used =3D "Oracle ODBC Driver" as in DSN Rgds Ajaz ----------------------Log---------- I. 07/10 11:09:22. Adaptive Server Anywhere MobiLink Version 8.0.2.4229 I. 07/10 11:0...

vb.net function and Oracle procedure to get an Oracle Dataset??
I have similar code (a procedure and function) working perfectly with a sql server data source. I;'m trying to do the same things with Oracle, but have run into the problems.    I'm not an oracle expert, so I'm not sure if producing a cursor is my only and best  option. create or replace package body PK_RETAILER isPROCEDURE sp_Get_Order_History(v_ani IN number,output_cursor out PK_CURSORES.generic_cursor) ASBEGINopen output_cursor forselect o.account_number, p.phone, o.amount, o.name, o.init_datefrom orders ojoin users_phones p on p.account_number...

.Net with Oracle
Anybody has tried to develop mobile app. with .Net against an Oracle database? Any idea to synchronize the data record between the database server and the client (pda) data. It will be great if you could share your codes / experience. Thanks a lot. Regards, Elton ...

Re: Problems connecting to Oracle (ORA-01034: ORACLE not availabl e)
Hi, On Tuesday 21 August 2001 11:26, you wrote: // Well do you have the DB server running? // // Ilya Yeah, It's Oracle 7.3 running on an IRIX server regards, Juan Jose -- fortune generated signature: Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone. ...

Choosing Oracle Client Version with Microsoft Managed Oracle Provider For .net
We need to change the Oracle Client that the System.Data.OracleClient uses to connect to our database on a server that has multiple versions of the Oracle Client. A different application on the server that we do not have control over is requiring the default ORACLE_HOME directory to remain an older Oracle 9i version of the client. Because of this, our applications using the Managed Oracle Provider for .net are using the 9i client to connect. We have a planned Oracle upgrade for our Database that will require us to use the new 10g version of the client that is also installed on the server, bu...

Web resources about - ORA - 12154 - asp.net.oracle

Tashfeen Malik Visa Misidentified By Barack Obama In Speech, White House Jumps On Correction
Barack Obama has been addressing the San Bernardino shootings carried out by Tashfeen Malik and Syed Farook on a daily basis since the attack ...

Former President Jimmy Carter says he is cancer free
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter delivered an unexpected message on Sunday to the several hundred people gathered at a Baptist church in Georgia ...

What Would An Eight-Team College Football Playoff Have Looked Like In 2015?
College football fans are ready for an eight-team playoff. Just hours after the committee selected this year’s college football playoff teams, ...

Feds to conduct civil rights probe of Chicago police
Chicago Tribune Feds to conduct civil rights probe of Chicago police Chicago Tribune Chicago police Superintendent Garry McCarthy was ousted ...

Far right National Front dominates first round of French regional vote
France's far right National Front won more support than any other party in the first round of regional elections Sunday, according to polling ...

SNL reveals the true aftermath of an alien abduction
Technically Incorrect: After the little green people have let you go, you have to reveal all to the NSA. That's not so easy.

Donald Trump's latest 9/11 claim draws more scrutiny
CBS News Donald Trump's latest 9/11 claim draws more scrutiny CBS News In an interview with CBS' "Face the Nation" that aired just days after ...

Jerry Falwell Urges Liberty University Students To Arm Themselves And ‘End Those Muslims’
Liberty University President Jerry Falwell, Jr. urged students to arm themselves by getting their permits to carry concealed weapons while speaking ...

Hillary Clinton Says 'We're Not Winning' Fight Against ISIS
ABC News Hillary Clinton Says 'We're Not Winning' Fight Against ISIS ABC News Hillary Clinton today declined to say the United States is at ...

Democrat Quits Over Christmas Tree But Later Rescinds Her Resignation
A New Jersey councilwoman who quit over the naming of a Christmas tree lighting ceremony has now rescinded her resignation. Councilwoman-At-Large ...