is there any way to call oracle stored function, not stored procedure using .net?

I am just wondering if I can call oracle stored function instead of stored procedure.

Thank in advance!
0
justindongqiang

you call a function just like s procedure.
except you need to add a parameter for the return value.

myparam ... ParameterDirection.ReturnValue;

--dweezil

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue = 'yes';

Records found: 0
0
dweezil

how to call an oracle stored function/procedure using ODBC.NET
Hi all, I have been trying to call an oracle stored funtion and cannot make it. Can anyone give me a clue. Thanks, Ted Code........ <%@ Page Language="VB" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Configuration" %> <%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.Data...

Problem with Oracle Stored Procedures using ODP.NET in VB.NET (VS 2003)
This is the stored procedure,Procedure RetrieveReservations(pProperty In Varchar2,pResHeaderId In Varchar2,pEmail In Varchar2,pPasswd In Varchar2,ResultSet In Out ResCursor);This is the old .asp code (part of it)objConn.ConnectionString = Application("BackEndConnection_ConnectionString")objConn.Open objComm.ActiveConnection = objConn objComm.CommandText = "internet_package.RetrieveReservations"objComm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.CreateParameter("pProperty", adVarChar , adParamInput, 8, Request.QueryString("propid"))objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.Crea...

PLS-00221: is not a procedure or is undefined FUNCTIONS VS. STORED PROCEDURES
PLS-00221: is not a procedure or is undefined FUNCTIONS VS. STORED PROCEDURES - ADO.NET TO ORACLE FUNCTION   I have a very simple oracle function I'm trying to call from ado.net. The code works fine for a stored procedure but I get the error  PLS-00221: is not a procedure or is undefined  when I try to call the function. here's my code:  I've manually tested both the function and stored procedure and they are both working as expected.  here's my  vb.net code Protected Overrides Sub OnLoad(ByVal e As EventArgs) Dim cnn As OracleConnection Dim sConnSt...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Best way to pass multiple records into Oracle Stored Procedure in one call from .NET
Hi, I have been looking to find optimal way to pass record set (which is collection of records to be inserted into an oracle table which containts about 100+ columns) as parameter to Oracle stored procedure. This way, I would not need to create parameter for each column and call the Stored Proc too many times. I am thinking to make use of some kind of data structure which can be interpretted in both Oracle and .NET sides,something similar to Table of Oracle Object type or Oracle Record(of type <Table>%RowType) . I did not find support for neither of ...

Report based on Oracle Stored Procedure -- call from .NET
I've developed a report in Crystal Reports 10, and now want to add it to my Web Application. When I call the report, with the parameters, the problem I hit is it asked you to continually log into the Database itself. I'd like to set all the connection properties in .NET such that it seems seemless to the user. Robert, I've moved your post from the Crystal Reports forum to this Oracle forum. Your question is really about the connection to Oracle, so I think you're much more likely to receive help here in this forum.Alister I just now came across the following that may help you: Using...

How call a Oracle Function using Microsoft .Net Oracle Client (System.Data.OracleClient)?
I try to call Oracle Function in .net C# by using System.Data.OracleClient. But i am not successful. Here is my code FUNCTION TTHAO_MONTT_EXISTS ( vten varchar2) RETURN boolean IS ret boolean; montt_id integer; BEGIN ret:=false; montt_id:= -1; select monthethao_id into montt_id from TTHAO_MONTHETHAO where ten = vten; if montt_id!=-1 then ret:=true; end if; return ret; Exception when others then return false; END; I do not know, when I call function TTHAO_MONTT_E...

Error while calling .Net web service from Oracle Stored Procedure
Hi,     We are getting the below error while calling an .net web service ( WCF) from Oracle Stored procedure.  Type: System.Exception, mscorlib, version = 2.0.0.0, culture = neutral,publickeytoken=b77a5c561934e089 Message: No client Registry found Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal Any information on the above will be helpful. Thanks. Sowmya Jayappa  ...

FOR XML and OPENXML using Oracle / using xml in ORACLE stored procedure
Hi, I need a help with respect to xml operations in ORACLE.For example, Need to send multiple rows at once into stored procedure.orNeed to  pass data (a single entity) to stored procedure as a xml from Data Layer ( Instead of individual params)In case of sql server, There is an approach like,     From Front End,   Serialize the entity collection or single entity as xml and send to the db.   Pass xml to stored procedure from Data Layer     sql server stored proc in turn,  &n...

Calling Oracle Stored Function calls using JDBC?
To prepare our application for Appeon Server, we are changing our Oracle DB interaction from Native Oracle Driver to using JDBC so we can deploy the app on Appeon. Does someone know the SYNTAX on how to call oracle stored function from PB using JDBC. Some sample code would be apprecaited.. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0469_01C40859.331BADA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quote...

Oracle stored procedure with .net
Dear all I wrote a following stored procedure and program coding. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Stored procedure ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- create or replace procedure Delete_emp (p_empno  number) is begin     delete from emp      where empno = p_empno; end delete_emp; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- program coding ---------------------------------...

Using ADO.NET Execute Second Stored Procedure Depending of Output of First Stored Procedure
When a user logs onto the app, I capture their UserId, today's date and thier WINNT using ADO.NET calling a stored procedue-no problem. Now, once the above mention fields have been populated, when the same user logs on again and this time click their daily attendance time, I need to execute and update stored procedure-no problem. Each time the user logs onto the attendance page, they need to be able to view the previuos time stamps, on page load.- no problem The problem is that I cannot get all three to work in concert, although they will work independently, somewhat. Sotred proc...

Oracle stored procedures and functions call
For some time now, I've been trying to execute from a client station stored procedures and functions located on an oracle server (version 7.3) without any success. I tried all the methods that I knew : - First, I did declare the stored procedure (or function) as an external local function but when I tried to put it down in my script, I had the following nasty message : C0031 : Unknow function name !!! Incredible. - All right, let's give it another try. So, I decided to use embedded SQL. Here's the code that I wrote in a script. When I compile it, everything was perf...

Using RPCFUNC when calling Oracle Procedures/Functions in Oracle PACKAGES
I have looked at the documentation that I have, and found that RPCFUNC is the recommended option to call remote stored procedures. Does this, however, also work with Oracle packages (functions and procedures within an Oracle package)? I have done the following: 1. Created a user object (uo_transaction) inherited from transaction and had the following on its Decalre Local External Functions: FUNCTION string get_ins_address_zid(string address_type_zid, string address_line1, string address_line2, string address_line3, string brgy_zid) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "MAPI_CENTRAL.TBPKG__A...

Web resources about - is there any way to call oracle stored function, not stored procedure using .net? - asp.net.oracle

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

NFL security procedures in question after rappelling protesters
Two protesters with sophisticated gear disrupted the Panthers-Colts game in Charlotte Monday night, bringing into question security at the stadium ...

'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure
'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure

Why Are Web Login Security Procedures So #$*&!% Dumb And Obnoxious?
The geeks who design our websites talk a lot about user friendliness, but they often let an exaggerated security concerns get in the way of commonsense. ...