I have problems, ORA-12154, TNS: could not resolve service name?

I have 2 scenarios here.

1) Currently, I am using IBUYSPY Portal VB .NET to integrate with SQL2000 in XP and W2K Server. It seems it is ok.
2) I want to use IBUYSPY Portal VB .NEt to integrate with Oracle or AS400.
2a. In XP, I have installed Oracle DB 9.1. Now I have seperated folder for IBUYSPY Portal VB .NET for accessing only Oracle database. I modified web.config file as following:
<appSettings>
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Data Source=winxp2003\ORADB9;User ID=IBSPO9I;Password=myPassword" />
</appSettings>

Winxp2003: the name of my XP server
ORADB9: the name of oracle database
I already created all required tables under user IBSPO9I, I have no errors.
I compiled my web project called "IBUYSPY Portal for Oracle 9i", I have no errors.
When I ran the web project, I have an error: ORA-12154 TNS: could not resolve service name. Do you have any tips and detailed documentation? Do you have any directions?
2b. I want to use IBUYSPY Portal VB .NET to integrate with AS400 (Client/Server). I intend to install IBUYSPY Portal VB .NET in XP or W2K Server and integrate with backend database Server (AS400) via TCP/IP. Is it possible? If possible, do you have any code and documentation for this scenario? Do you have any guidance and directions?
thanks
humphrey
0
hfong

No input on the whole IBuySpy deal, but as far as the 12154, you need to supply a valid tns alias to connect to the database. Are you able to connect to the database using sqlplus? you want to supply the same alias that sqlplus connects with, to the connection string for "data source=..."
If you havent configured the client with a tns alais ( aka net8 alias, sqlnet alias, tnsnames entry), you'll need to do that first. You can use the Net8 Configuration assistant to do that. You'll need to know the machine name, port number, and service name of the machine the database is on.
Cheers,
Greg
0
greg
7/17/2003 8:59:37 PM
No answer, but can you help me with creating my oracle db? I have the script from hector here on the boards but I can't seem to figure out how to use it.

I have sqlplus and pl/sql developer to use.
Mike
0
ssgumby

I'm a client guy, and cant really help you create a database.
When I create mine, I just put the database cd in, select database install, take the defaults and let it run.
Sorry,
Greg
0
greg
7/18/2003 5:19:16 PM
I've had the same problem and added the following to the Web.Config file:

<identity impersonate="true" />
This worked for me.
0
RoachToast
7/21/2003 7:40:16 PM
Greg.

since you are a client guy, can you help me about connection to my Oracle 8i DB.
my tns is working OK, I can use SQLPLUS to connect.
can you send me a snippet of code I need in my asp.net to connect to Oracle and do a select.
Thankx in advance.

********************************

Don't forget to .NET

********************************
0
jahan
8/1/2003 7:12:56 PM
http://asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=294330

Cheers
Greg
0
greg

Oracle Developer Tools ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
I just recently installed Oracle Developer Tools on my machine and now my app can't connect to our oracle database...   I keep getting this error:  Event Type: ErrorEvent Source: gmsDevLogEvent Category: NoneEvent ID: 0Date:  12/15/2006Time:  11:21:00 AMUser:  N/AComputer: WILL0007333Description:System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified    at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException.Check(OciErrorHandle errorHandle, Int32 rc)   at System.D...

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
 Hello All,I am making a simple web program which connects to Database. But my connection fails and thows this error  ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name What could be the possible cause of this ???Please help Thanks in AdvanceMonadear  this is the typical oracle can not connect with a connection string error.  verify your connection string and your tnsnames file have good information in them.Peter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET Thanks Pkellner for your instant replyI checked the tnsnames.ora file and it ...

ORA-12154: TNS could not resolve service name
Well, i am not sure if here is the right place to post this thread. I juct couldn't find a better place. Here is my prob. I am gettig this error while connecting to Oracle. I have no problem while connecting to Oracle, using PL/SQL Developer and Enterprise Manager Console. However i am getting this error with ASP.NET. I am using provider Oracle.DataAccess.Client. And here is my connection string in my Web.Config:<add name="....." connectionString="Data Source=....;User ID=.....;Password=....." providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client"/>Could someone pls...

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
This is not the standard permissions problem! I'm using the System.Data.OracleClient. When I run the code on my local machine, I always get this error "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name". There is nothing wrong with the code...when I run it on my production machine, it runs without a hitch. It has to be a setup issue on my local machine. I've looked everywhere for a solution to this problem with no resolution. Here are the things I've tried/verified: - IIS_USER, IWAM_USER, ASPNET and Everyone have Full Control of my oracle directory, oracle/ora81 and oracle...

ora 12154 TNS: Could not resolve service name
Hi All,   I installed oracle 9i in my external harddisk which is working fine for me. but  I opened a windows form with 3 fields and insert , update , delete on the form . But the conn.open() always displaying the ora 12154 TNS: Could not resolve service name error .   Please help me out.   Thanks, Krishna  Check -  1) Connection string should have correct instance of oracle and data base you are trying to connect to. 2) Permissions on oracle/bin folder have a look -  http://ora-12154.ora-code.com/ Hope it helps.-Manas=============...

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name #2
Hello all,I am very new to Oracle and I keep getting this error in .Net and I don't know why...I am using Oracle 8.1.7, C# and using System.Data.OracleClientI selected OracleDataAdaptor from the toolbox and created a new connection and tested it and it was successful.I built my program and there are no errors but when the page loads I get the error mentioned in the subject heading.It says the error occurs at conn.Open();Does anyone know how to go about and try to fix this error?By the way here is that section of code: protected System.Data.OracleClient.OracleDataAdapter oracleDataAdapt...

ORA-12154: TNS: cound not resolve service name
Hi, We have one server configured to run different sites. We have one site protected by .NET form authentication and two sites running classic ASP. We got the error message periodically. It is working fine when rebooting the server but not last very long. This error happened one time when we cut over one of the ASP sites from the older server to the new server. Does anyone have any idea? Your help is appreciated. Ted There is some propblem with the service names in your TNSNames.ora file... check it out... try to connect to the services listed in the file using your SQL Plus...

OleDbException Ora-12154: TNS: Could not resolve service name
"System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException Ora-12154: TNS:Could not resolve service name"A pretty generic error. Not much help. The error is being generated when I attempt to open a web site from the local network, e.g., http://my-server/mywebsite  The Oracle 10G data connection is being made in an asmx web service method which serves data to a Google Map through an AJAX script manager control.The connection string: string cnnString = "provider=MSDAORA;data source=MyDatabase;user id=Scott;password=Tiger;";OleDbConnection myOleDbConnection = new OleDbConnection(cnnString)...

Getting error ORA-12154 TNS: Could not resolve service name
Hi, We are doing stress test on our server and we are getting this error: OCI8: Server attach error: ORA-12154: TNS: Could not resolve service name Does anybody already have this error? We're experiencing this problem when we are loading the server. We have 50 IIOP client connected at the same time who are doing 10 transaction in a loop. Here's our environnement: Jaguar CTS 3.6.1(build 36114) Oracle 8.1.7 PB 7.0.3(build 10135) SUN Solaris SunBlade 100, 500 Mhz, 2 Gigs RAM Hi there.. It looks a bit like my problem using 4.1. I couldn't connect t...

" ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name " when running under IIS
Hello,           I have an ASP.net web site application. I am using OleDB data provider to connect to the Oracle DB. It runs fine when I test it on debug mode. But, when I run it on IIS, it gives the above error. In the IIS Directory Security window, I unchecked "Anonymous Access" checkbox and selected "Integrated Windows authentication". In my ORACLE_HOME folder, I gave full access to ASPNET account down to BIN directory. But still, I face this TNS problem. Please help.  Thanks, Noorul nooruls143: &nb...

OA-12154 TNS could not resolve service name
hi friends,  i am using windows application, that application i have connect to oracle databse. i have create TNS name in tnsnames.ora file  PREPROD.BTSINDIA.COM =  (DESCRIPTION =    (ADDRESS_LIST =      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = server)(PORT = 1521))    )    (CONNECT_DATA =      (SERVICE_NAME = preprod)    )  )   then i am creating connection string in app.config file.  <add key="ConStr_Orc" value="Provider=OraOLEDB.Ora...

Cannot solve TNS-12154 could not resolve service name error
Hello, I am running PB 8.0.1.9056 on Win2k with Oracle 8.1.7 on local machine. I have successfully installed PB and created pb profile with no problem. I have also setup network service name successfully and I can connect without any problems through SQLPLUS. Now, when I start PB and WITHOUT loading my workspace, if I connect to above mentioned profile, it successfully connects to db, BUT, if I load my workspace first and then I try to connect to DB with above profile, it gives error 'TNS-12154 could not resolve service name'. One more thing, I have created EXE and whe...

TNS Could not Resolve Service Name
Hello friends, I am having a problem to connect to Oracle from ASP.NET.When I try to connect I get this error "TNS Couldnot Resolve Service Name'' When I connect from a VB.NET application(windows) its connecting and also from Sql Worksheet its connection but not from the ASP.NET application. I gave permissions to ASP.NET,IUSR,IWAM on th Oracle home directory.But still doesn't work.Could some one tell what might be the probable fix for this problem. Thanks Tadak. You given permissions to ASP.NET,IUSR,IWAM on th Oracle home directory and subdirectories or you gave perm...

TNS:could not resolve service name
Hi, all. We've got an ASP.NET 1.1 app connecting to Oracle 9i via the System.Data.OracleClient class. On the localhost, it works fine. On the server, we can connect via the SQL Plus tool at the command prompt, but using the same info for the connection string in the ASP.NET app it gives the error: "TNS:could not resolve service name"  oneworld95 wrote:Hi, all. We've got an ASP.NET 1.1 app connecting to Oracle 9i via the System.Data.OracleClient class. On the localhost, it works fine. On the server, we can connect via the SQL Plus tool at the command prompt, but using the same i...

Web resources about - I have problems, ORA-12154, TNS: could not resolve service name? - asp.net.oracle

热门搜索 - 我的异常网
我的异常网之热门搜索专题提供权威的各类程序问题解决方案,欢迎您的到来。

Classic MetaLink vs. My Oracle Support
Jared Still's Ramblings Here you will find posts that are mostly about my work as an Oracle DBA. There may occasionally be other topics posted, ...