How to convert Sql Server Stored Procedures into Oracle Stored Procedures

Hi All, I am migrating from sql server2000 to oracle. I have moved all table into oracle manually. Now I need to move stored procedure. I don't know how to convert sql server stored procedure into oracle stored procedure form. Is there any tool which will convert directly. Please some one help me.

Thank you.

0
raz

 Hi there,

Please use the tool bellow, which does the job you want.

http://www.swissql.com/products/sqlserver-to-oracle/sql-server-to-oracle.html

thanks

sharp guy
0
hkhaled

help with converting MSSQL Stored Procedure to Oracle PL/SQL Procedure
Hi there,I have replicated our Oracle db structure and data on SQL Server 2005. I have the following MSSQL Stored Proc, which works just perfectly! I'm basically using one proc with 3 statements inside, each one that assigns values to Output Paramters that I will pick up in my c# code.1 set ANSI_NULLS ON 2 set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON 3 GO 4 CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[Employee_GetAllDetails] 5 @EmployeeID BIGINT, 6 @Has_Entry BIT OUTPUT, 7 @Has_Projects BIT OUTPUT, 8 @First_Name VARCHAR(30) OUTPUT, 9 @Last_Name VARCHAR(30) OUTPUT, 10 ...

Invoking Oracle Stored-Procedure from Sybase Stored-Procedure
I have a peculiar design constraint. I need to invoke a Oracle Stored-Procedure pass it 1 parameter and use the result-set returned by the oracle stored procedure in my Sybase stored procedure. In affect I need to invoke a Oracle Stored-Procedure returning a result-set from a Sybase Stored-Procedure. I checked up and found Direct-Connect could be one option where-in I could invoke a rpc. Has any-one tried using Direct-Connect ? Also I remember Sybase also had a product\technology called Omni-Connect which could be used to connect to Oracle database. Is Omni-Connect still ...

[...]

LatticeSoft SPGen.NET – Stored Procedures Generator for Oracle and MS SQL Server (Beta).
LatticeSoft Business Software announces the release of SPGen.NET 1.0 (Beta). LatticeSoft’s SPGen.NET is a wizard based stored procedures generator for application developer and DBA. With SPGen.NET you can dramatically reduce the time spent on writing basic stored procedures. SPGen.NET analyzes a specified database's tables structure to generate a list of commonly required stored procedures in a single file and then you can review, modify, create auto-generated stores procedures in your RDBMS. SPGen.NET is designed to generate stored procedures for multiple relational database manageme...

Stored Procedure for SQL Server and Oracle
This question may be too simple to you. But I really don't know where do I put the stored procedures, in the database or in some file under my ASP.NET project? Thanks. Stored procs, by definition, must go in the database.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you!...

is there any way to call oracle stored function, not stored procedure using .net?
I am just wondering if I can call oracle stored function instead of stored procedure.Thank in advance! you call a function just like s procedure.except you need to add a parameter for the return value.myparam ... ParameterDirection.ReturnValue;--dweezilSELECT * FROM users WHERE clue = 'yes';Records found: 0...

How to pass parameters to Oracle stored Procedure from SQL server.
I need to pass the parameters from SQL server 2000 to the Oracle Stored Procedure. Consider the code  CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE usp_InsertGroup(   inGroupID            CHAR,   inGroupName          VARCHAR2,   inGroupDescription   CLOB)ASBEGININSERT INTO Groups    (GroupID, GroupName, GroupDescription, LastUpdateDate)   VALUES(inGroupID, inGroupName, inGroupDescription, SYSDATE);END; Here the name of the Stored Procedu...

Help Converting MS Sql Server Stored Procedure to MySql Stored Porcedure
 I'm currently working my way through Imar Spaanjaars N-Layer application using ASP.NET 3.5 (Parts 1-6 http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=476 ) only I am using MySql 5.1 as my database. I think I've got all the stored ptocedures but one converted and I can't quite figure out how to do it. If someone could help me please I'd appreciate much. Here's the stored procedure: CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[sprocEmailAddressSelectList] @contactPersonId int, @startRowIndex int = -1, @maximumRows int = -1, @recordCount int = NULL OUTPUT AS IF (@recordCount IS NO...

PLS-00221: is not a procedure or is undefined FUNCTIONS VS. STORED PROCEDURES
PLS-00221: is not a procedure or is undefined FUNCTIONS VS. STORED PROCEDURES - ADO.NET TO ORACLE FUNCTION   I have a very simple oracle function I'm trying to call from ado.net. The code works fine for a stored procedure but I get the error  PLS-00221: is not a procedure or is undefined  when I try to call the function. here's my code:  I've manually tested both the function and stored procedure and they are both working as expected.  here's my  vb.net code Protected Overrides Sub OnLoad(ByVal e As EventArgs) Dim cnn As OracleConnection Dim sConnSt...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Lattice.SPGen
Lattice Business Software announces the release of Lattice.SPGen 1.0. Lattice.SPGen is a wizard based stored procedures generator for application developer and DBA. With Lattice.SPGen you can dramatically reduce the time spent on writing basic stored procedures. Lattice.SPGen analyzes a specified database's tables structure to generate a list of commonly required stored procedures. Lattice.SPGen is designed to generate stored procedures for multiple RDBMS, and now is supporting Oracle 8i/9i, MS SQL Server 7/2000/MSDE. Lattice.SPGen will support IBM DB2 and Sybase in the near future. ...

SQL Stored Procedure Issue
This is the Stored Procedure below ->  SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GOSET ANSI_NULLS ON GO /****** Object:  Stored Procedure dbo.BPI_SearchArchivedBatches    Script Date: 5/18/2007 11:28:41 AM ******/if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id = object_id(N'[dbo].[BPI_SearchArchivedBatches]') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure') = 1)drop procedure [dbo].[BPI_SearchArchivedBatches]GO /****** Object:  Stored Procedure dbo.BPI_SearchArchivedBatches    Script Date: 4/3/2007 4:50:23 PM ******/ /****** Object:  Stored Proc...

SQL Stored Procedure to MySQL Stored Procedure Conversion
Hi, I am trying to convert a stored procedure written for sql to one that will work in mysql. I understand that I have to set the variables as IN , but I don't know what to do with the rest of the code. The following is the sql stored procedure that I am trying to convert to msql stored procedure: CREATE PROCEDURE Register_User (@userName Varchar(50), (@PassWord Varchar(50), (@FirstName Varchar(50), (@LastName Varchar(50) ) AS IF EXISTS(SELECT u_ID FROM User_ID Where u_UserName=@UserName) RETURN -1 ELSE INSERT User_ID( u_User...

Web resources about - How to convert Sql Server Stored Procedures into Oracle Stored Procedures - asp.net.oracle

Parliamentary procedure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom , from which it derives its name. In the United States, parliamentary procedure ...

​When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures
We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures by digby I have a new piece up at Salon this morning about police ...

Rescued tiger cub "Himmel" dies during medical procedure - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station ...
Alpine animal rescue sanctuary Lions, Tigers & Bears is sadly reporting Himmel, the tiger cub found roaming the streets of Hemet and rescued ...

Catholic hospital allowed to deny sterilization procedure, judge says
Hospital in California argued that the procedure known as ​tubal ligation would violate its religious freedom

TSA Updates Screening Procedure, Will Mandate Some Passengers Use Full-Body Scanners
... Imaging Technologies, or AIT, in favor of full-body pat-downs by TSA agents. Under the new mandate, not everyone can opt for the pat-down procedure. ...