How can I do Muitple LEFT JOIN in Oracle?

I am developing web application using csharp on visual studio 2008.
I using oracle as database. I have a transaction  table in database with  a lot codes from other tables.
Now I am writing an sql that is pulling records from this table. Now I want to do Left joins so that  code values can be replaced by names as it displays.
So How can I do multiple LEFT JOINs  in one sql.

The sql is as follows:

sql= select studno,gradeno,streetcode,yearcode, stationcode from Table7 Left JOIN

So how can I do Left Join for Five(5) tables in  a sql. Mean  tables with actual values  for studno,gradeno,streetcode,yearcode, stationcode.

Please help.
0
Mobzam

 try the following query:-

select t.studno, t.gradeno, t.streetcode, t.yearcode, t.stationcode

from Table7 t

left outer join stdtable s on t.studno = s.studno

left outer join gradetable g on g.gradeno = t.gradeno

left outer join streettable st on st.streetcode = t.streetcode

left outer join yeartable yt on yt.yearcode = t.yearcode

left outer join stationtable on sn.stationcode = t.stationcode

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post if this answer helps you.

0
ajay
4/27/2009 5:11:13 PM

Refer to this
SQL> select
  2    author_last_name c1,
  3    book_title       c2
  4  from
  5    author full outer join book_author using (author_key)
  6           full outer join book using (book_key)
  7  order by author_last_name;

Many Thanks & Best Regards,
HuaMin Chen

(Mark it as answer if it does help you!)
0
wmec

Where can I get native PB drivers for ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3
( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL *Net version 2.x , 32 bit implementation. All versions of PB Enterprise (5,6,7) have the native O73 driver. If you have PB Professional, you can only use ODBC to connect to Oracle. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38A8FD91.6218D227@hotmail.com... > ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL > *Net version 2...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

Error: Can't load '/cygdrive/c/Oracle/Ora81/bin/Oracle' for module DBD::Oracle...
------_=_NextPart_001_01C4BD25.2E53B509 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C4BD25.2E53B509" ------_=_NextPart_002_01C4BD25.2E53B509 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi guys, =20 Here is what's going on:=20 =20 1. I am running the latest release of CygWin on a Windows XP machine. I am not running ActiveState Perl. 2. I installed DBI and tested it. Looks like it's working fine. I typed: =20 perl -MDBI -e 0 =20 at the ...

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

Getting Error Message "Can't load 'C:/Perl64/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll" While Connecting to Oracle
--755704646-1080936359-1390695547=:84331 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to configure an Oracle connection from Perl running on a Window= s 7 desktop to an Oracle 11g database running on Linux; however the databas= e connection step is failing.=0A=0AThe following line of perl code fails:= =0A=0A=A0 =A0use DBD::Oracle;=0A=0ABelow is the full error message:=0A=0ACa= n't load 'C:/Perl64/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:= load_file:%1 is not a valid Win32 application at C:/Perl64/lib/D...

how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can i use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & VS 2.0
 Hi all, Can any one tell me how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can I use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & vs 2.0. , for implement this is it compulsory to install oracle 10g server on the same machine on which I'm implementing this task  or otherwise i can use  other system as a server (like remote login or client server)  Hi,You should have the Oracle 10g Server or Client In your machine.In Case Client is in your Machine then Server Must be somewhere,that is enough to use.I hope then we ...

Restore
Hello, I'm trying to restore a 12.x database taken from one environment into another. I'm getting the following error (names changed to protect the innocent): 1> use master 2> go 1> load database foo from "/tmp/foo" 2> go Backup Server session id is: 67. Use this value when executing the 'sp_volchanged' system stored procedure after fulfilling any volume change request from the Backup Server. Backup Server: 6.28.1.1: Dumpfile name 'portal0303010542 ' section number 1 mounted on disk file '/tmp/foo Msg 3223, Level 20, Sta...

oracle RAC and Oracle 11gR2 installation with oracle ASM
hi how to perform oracle RAC 11gR2 and Oracle Database 11gR2 installation with oracle ASM on open SUSE 11.1 x86_64?? what short of package to find for oracle ASM and OCFS?? regards -- csayantan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You need to download the rac and asmlib stuff from oracle. You then need to present san storage to each node. You will then need to stamp each asm lun with /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk NAME /dev/sandevice. -- icorson ------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Can DBD::Oracle connect to various versions of Oracle?
I've been wondering. We support a number of clients running various versions of Oracle and I'd like to have just one copy of DBD::Oracle that would be able to connect to them all. We currently have some custom Pro*C apps and to hear the developers talk about it, they have to be compiled alot differently for each version of Oracle they want it to run against. Is it possible to have one copy of DBD::Oracle that'll work with Oracle 7, 8 and maybe even 9? -- David Good David.Good@stratasource.com This space inte...

Replicating Oracle to Oracle
How do I use replication server to replicate between two oracle databases when some of the tables to be replicated has no primary key or unique index constraint? We'll apreciate your contributions. Femi Olumofin Covenant Visions Int'l +234-1-4976764 In Sybase, you can create clustered index on the unique key in the table and use the unique key as your primary key in the replication definition. It should work in oracle as well since that functionalilty is built in repserver and not Oracle. Bawoni Femi Olumofin wrote: > How do I use replication server to re...

Web resources about - How can I do Muitple LEFT JOIN in Oracle? - asp.net.oracle