How can I avoid or solve this problem?

I am using oracle database in development. I  want to do a Left Join on a sql. But I Have three fields that are reference from one table. I mean there is a country of Dest,Country of Source, country of saling.
Now the sql is  as follows,
select Countryde,countryname, countryso,Countyname, countySale, ProductId from SalesId Left Join Country on Using(countryso),Join Country on Using(countySale)
It is giving an error an

ambiquance(Not clear) field name. How can I solve this problem?

0
Mobzam

This issue is most likely due to the query performing a SELECT using JOINs on more than one tables.

The "Ambiguous columnn name" error means that the column name can be found in several tables, so you have to use more qualified names, either using the table name as a prefix, or an alias if you use some

SELECT YOURTABLE.OBCUSD , .....
or

SELECT a.OBSCUSD, ......
FROM YOURTABLE a INNER JOIN ....

Om Prakash
0
om_prakashp
4/27/2009 5:22:42 PM

One of the fields your are selecting exists in more than one of the tables that you are joining. Use tableName.field to pull all of your columns.

Hypercasting™ - Turning the internet into a retail tool. www.muddhypercasting.com
0
joshj
4/27/2009 5:25:10 PM

Refer to this example
SQL> select
  2    author_last_name c1,
  3    book_title       c2
  4  from
  5    author full outer join book_author using (author_key)
  6           full outer join book using (book_key)
  7  order by author_last_name;

and accordingly correct it by yourself

Many Thanks & Best Regards,
HuaMin Chen

(Mark it as answer if it does help you!)
0
wmec
4/28/2009 4:14:09 AM

Main problem with that you have same

select Countryde,countryname, countryso,Countyname, countySale, ProductId from SalesId a Left Join Country b on Using(b.countryso),Join Country c on Using(a.countySale)
You have same field in tree table so this problem comes. but don't worry have solutions.

You use table name with alias then you can do your job,
As per your table i set alias i.e. a b c

select Countryde,countryname, countryso,Countyname, countySale, ProductId from
SalesId a
Left Join Country b
on Using(a.countryso),
Join Country c on Using(a.countySale)

Thanks
Naresh Prakash.
Click Here : Sky is the not limit

This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers.
0
nareshprakash

RE: Oracle 9i Lite and DBD::Oracle problems [solved]
With the help of Brian Haas and Ian Harisay I got DBD::Oracle working. The advice is to use the regular Oracle9i not the lite version. Another great source of help was: http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.html just getting 9i and 9i lite installed. I use fvwm2(nvidia X driver) as a window manager which does not work with the 9i install program, works fine with the default Gnomish(nv X driver), it could have been the X driver too. With Redhat9 it is REAL important to set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to 2.4.1. I didn't try this but it may be possible to install what is needed by ...

How can I solve this problem
I want to realize the following function: When the users click the button on the webpage, the varialbe dimmed as i in that webpage will be added one. I put two controls to the file Default.aspx and wrote codes in the file Default.aspx.vb: Partial Class _Default    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Dim i As Integer = 0    Dim idname(1000) As String    Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click        i = i + 1    &nb...

How Can I solve this problem?
I have visual studio 2005 pro I make website using CS and VB.  the problem start with CodeFile attribute. when I create pages using VS2005 each page contain this attribute. my pages run properly on my computer (windows 2003 server, IIS) but when I put the same page on another server on the internet I got an error when I try to open an aspx page. I don't know if it's my problem or a server problem. the server is unix and the administrator told me that the server can run aspx files. the server said that CodeFile Unknown attribute. I use src instead, so it work fo...

How can solve this problem?
Hi,all We have a system use MS SQL Server on Windows NT 4.0. Now I want to change it into Sybase on NT. But the old system uses the SP_ADDTASK procedure to do something automatically. How can I get the same function in sybase ? Is there any methors or software except "at" command of NT? Thanks a lot! Jonathan Guo On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:24:39 +0800, Jonathan Guo <jonaguo@163.net> wrote: >Hi,all > >We have a system use MS SQL Server on Windows NT 4.0. Now I want to >change it into Sybase on NT. But the old system uses the SP_ADDTASK >proce...

How can I solve this problem ?
   Today my Web Page get the following error and I don't know how to solve it. Please help me if you know this. Thank you very much ! If I access from another computer I get this error : Server Error in '/TPM' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specifi...

how can i solve this problem?
description:in my own computer and in debug mode ,my program goes well.while in release mode on the other computer ,it caused an error described as follow: “/SSSWeb”应用程序中的服务器错误。 输入字符串的格式不正确。 说明: 执行当前 Web 请求期间,出现未处理的异常。请检查堆栈跟踪信息,以了解有关该错误以及代码中导致错误的出处的详细信息。 异常详细信息: System.FormatException: 输入字符串的格式不正确。源错误: 执行当前 Web 请求期间生成了未处理的异常。可以使用下面的异常堆栈跟踪信息确定有关异常原因和发生位置的信息。 堆栈跟踪:  [FormatException: 输入字符串的格式不正确。]   System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) +1734594   System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.R...

How can I solve this problem ?
I get the error when I try to run my project  although my project is simple. Please tell me if you know Thank you very much ! Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. Its a generic message. Chec...

Problem with Oracle Stored Procedures using ODP.NET in VB.NET (VS 2003)
This is the stored procedure,Procedure RetrieveReservations(pProperty In Varchar2,pResHeaderId In Varchar2,pEmail In Varchar2,pPasswd In Varchar2,ResultSet In Out ResCursor);This is the old .asp code (part of it)objConn.ConnectionString = Application("BackEndConnection_ConnectionString")objConn.Open objComm.ActiveConnection = objConn objComm.CommandText = "internet_package.RetrieveReservations"objComm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.CreateParameter("pProperty", adVarChar , adParamInput, 8, Request.QueryString("propid"))objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.Crea...

Problems installing DBD::Oracle
> Hi guys, > > I've read the README, I've spent the last 2 hours scanning the net, and > although I've seen that other people are having this problem, I haven't > found a solution anywhere! (The two suggestions I found didn't work :-(. > > The DBD::Oracle tests fail with the message: > > install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load > 'blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: > shared object not open at > /usr/local/packages/perl-5.6.1/lib/5.6.1/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line > 206. > ...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Solved problem: DBD-Oracle/Solaris 2.6/Perl 5.00503/Oracle 8.1.6
Hi dbi-users, I just want to share with you the solution to the famous "Solaris patch" problem that finally worked for my system. I support a production system on Solaris 2.6 which was recently upgraded to Oracle 8.1.6, OAS 4.0.8.2, Perl 5.005_03, DBI 1.15 and DBD 1.06 (also Oracle Developer 6i and Workflow 2.5.1). I came across the problem described in the README.java. 3 workarounds are listed there. The first 2 did not work for my system mainly because of OAS (and its required java components). So I tried the 3rd one (re-building Perl linked with the thread library) a...

Can't adjust .NET version in IIS 5.1, Microsoft .NET Assembly Registration Utility has encountered a problem
Hi guys, I recently installed ASP.net 3.5, and not I cannot select my .NET version in IIS under the ASP.net tab.  In fact when I open the MMC console, I get an error message saying: Microsoft .NET Assembly Registration Utility has encountered a problemand I don't even see the ASP.net tab!  This means that all my sites are by default set to only work in ASP.net 1.1!  I have tried uninstalling the 3.5 framework, but I quite literally cannot!  I carry on getting errors when uninstalling or repairing any of the .NET frameworks (2 / 3 / 3.5).  I can't even System ...

Where can I get native PB drivers for ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3
( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL *Net version 2.x , 32 bit implementation. All versions of PB Enterprise (5,6,7) have the native O73 driver. If you have PB Professional, you can only use ODBC to connect to Oracle. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38A8FD91.6218D227@hotmail.com... > ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL > *Net version 2...

DBD::Oracle and strange problem with Oracle error 'ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column' when data not LONG
------=_NextPart_000_0154_01C4C321.83509550 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0155_01C4C321.83509550" ------=_NextPart_001_0155_01C4C321.83509550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I had an application that was processing a bunch of xml and inserting into a table with a bunch of VARCHAR2(4000) columns. A couple of the entries I was processing caused the 'ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column' error. I put checks in for the length o...

Web resources about - How can I avoid or solve this problem? - asp.net.oracle

The problem with celebrity charities
THE world erupted in praise this week for one of the most generous acts in history.

Late Night Open Thread: Problem Solved
... female” from the pin-ups and tattoos favored by the human scum villains at the Mos Eisley cantina… The post Late Night Open Thread: Problem ...

"Old-timers, guys that are 60-plus, have no problem with a gang shower and whatever."
"The Gen X-ers are a little bit more sensitive to what they’re spending and what they’re expecting. And the millennials, these are the special ...

Out-Of-Town Trip In The Nissan LEAF — No Problem
... driving to St. Petersburg, to Tampa, or south to Venice or Englewood is gone. The [&hellip Out-Of-Town Trip In The Nissan LEAF — No Problem ...

E. coli isn’t Chipotle’s only problem
Chipotle's meteoric sales growth moderated even before its E. coli problems surfaced.

How to fix Windows 10 printing problems
... 3.1 and Windows for Workgroups, printer drivers could be particularly vexing. Since then and until the release of Windows 10, printer problems ...

Michigan GOPer Blames School Problems On Black Children
Michigan state Senator Marty Knollenberg decided he'd be a wise guy and blame failing school districts on African-American kids during a debate. ...

Tallahassee Police Finally Admit Problems With Investigation Of Jameis Winston Rape Case
One of the most sinister things that came to light in the Jameis Winston case was how Florida State and local police protected athletes accused ...

Forbes Healthcare Summit: CEOs Talk Pricing, Innovation And Their Lingering Reputation Problem
The convening power of Forbes was on display yesterday in New York City as the equivalent of biopharmaceutical industry royalty appeared together ...