Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net

Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net

0
pinkbuff

In Windows, it would be easier to interact with Oracle by way of the service...  (I've not tried it myself, but this should work fine for a service installed on the same machine as the .net application:
using System.ServiceProcess;
ServiceController controller  = new ServiceController();
controller.MachineName = ".";
controller.ServiceName = "OracleServiceORCL";
string status  = controller.Status.ToString();

// Stop the service
controller.Stop();

// Start the service
controller.Start();

JoeB

use smaller fonts, save space!
0
joebednarz
5/31/2007 9:35:14 PM

thank you very much.

0
pinkbuff
6/1/2007 5:30:59 AM

Dim p As New Process
p.StartInfo.FileName = LOCATION_OF_TNSLSNRCTL

'Start the current file
p.Start()

Call TNSLSNRCTL start and TNSLSNRCTL stop using Start Info. Pass in 'start' and 'stop' as arguments with p. There is a method with Process that let's you add parameters along with the start info.

I'm not sure if simply starting Oracle as a system process will be sufficient as you'll also need to start the listener (I think). However using this method on it's own will only shut off the listener, as opposed to closing oracle down completely.

Bah, I don't know.

0
zell_

Help me pls. i wan't code startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net.
Help me pls. i wan't code startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net.  In Windows, it would be easier to interact with Oracle by way of the service...  (I've not tried it myself, but this should work fine for a service installed on the same machine as the .net application:using System.ServiceProcess;ServiceController controller = new ServiceController();controller.MachineName = ".";controller.ServiceName = "OracleServiceORCL";string status = controller.Status.ToString();// Stop the servicecontroller.Stop();// Start the servicecontroller.Start...

What can c#.net do that vb.net can't?
That's pretty much my question - what can you do with c#, in terms of web application building, that you can't do in vb.net? Thanks Which language you choose is pretty much up you, your preferences and previous experience. There are some differences, but most importantly one have to realize that all .Net compliant languages are translated into an Intermediate Language and at the end of the day, what run is pretty much the same. Read this if you need to know more: "Microsoft Programming Languages" http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/whitepapers/default.aspx ...

Translate c#.net code to vb.net code
Hi I can usually do the translation myself, but this time I am a bit stumped  Let us consider to rewrite Urls (more than 16000 links) using a table. Save original url and rewritten url in a table. Now add a class file in App_Code folder. class UrlRewriteModule : IHttpModule{    public void Dispose()    {        // Nothing to dispose    }    public void Init(HttpApplication context)    {        context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context...

VB.NET and Oracle database, help
i am trying to connect to a Oracle database using VB.NET. that database has one table which has one entry in it. no compilation errors, no runtime errors... but no result either.i've downloaded the system.data.oracleclient.dll as u can see i referenced it in the code, i've opened a connection manually(not with the code) with the oracle database.here's the code: <%@ Page Language="vb" Explicit="true" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication2.WebForm1" CompilerOptions='/R:"C:\Pr...

How to change vb.net code to C#.Net ?...
Hi, Earlier i had a class  that i got it from this Forum, it in vb.net and i am trying it to convert it in c#.net but i am unable to covert properly to work. the functionality of this class is to convert number value to words. i am putting both of code c#.net and VB.net please rectify it.Public Class NumberToWords Dim Character As String Public Function ConvertNumber(ByVal A As Double) As String On Error Resume Next Dim MM Dim IM ConvertNumber = "" MM = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Len(A) IM = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Left(A, Mic...

How to migrate code from vb.net to c#.net?
Hi all,If anybody knows information on migration of VB.Net application to C#.net. i.e Any tools available, best practices, methodology for estimation. etc.   RegardsHelen    Hey, Take a look at this topic http://forums.asp.net/t/1100603.aspxMaybe some of these sites can be of help to you.  Arnold you can do it by page by page just copy and paste ur page in the following link http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx and convert ur vb.net to c# gotcha!!YasserSpica.www.spica.aewww.bncnetwork.netPlease remember to mark as answers i...

Migrate code from vb.net to C#.net
Hello friends, I had created a web site using visual studio 2005. web site was created using the language vb i.e. VB.net. Now as per the clint requirement I have to migrate all the code in C#. So the question is that is there any tool or any inbuild utility in Visual Stuidio so that we can migrate the site from vb.net to C#.net. Or we have to do it mannually i.e. by changing each and every line of code mannually? Kindly suggest me. Thanks & Regards Girish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, at the mome...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

vb .net or c# .net

Web resources about - Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net - asp.net.oracle