column datatype in oracle and dataset table

 Hi all,

I have an Oracle table with column of datatype NUMBER(10). When I add a tabledapter in dataset designer, it creates a table with a column of datatype: system.decimal

I change it to system.int32, but when I use an insert query, the parameter is of decimal format. I changed the type in designer.vb (although it is not recommended) and it worked fine. but after time, it revoked back to decimal.

Am I missing something, or it is just another oracle, .NET misunderstanding?

I would appreciate any feedback,

Thanks,

0
nomercy007

I found the solution. When creating the Insert query, it doesn't define the parameter type. After the query is saved in the designer, parameters list is created on the fly (I guess it retries their type from the database). I changed the parameter datatype from the query properties>parameters (collection).

0
nomercy007

vb.net function and Oracle procedure to get an Oracle Dataset??
I have similar code (a procedure and function) working perfectly with a sql server data source. I;'m trying to do the same things with Oracle, but have run into the problems.    I'm not an oracle expert, so I'm not sure if producing a cursor is my only and best  option. create or replace package body PK_RETAILER isPROCEDURE sp_Get_Order_History(v_ani IN number,output_cursor out PK_CURSORES.generic_cursor) ASBEGINopen output_cursor forselect o.account_number, p.phone, o.amount, o.name, o.init_datefrom orders ojoin users_phones p on p.account_number...

.NET Oracle Provider
Hi all,I am using .NET 2.0 Frameworks Oracle provider and it does not have a OracleDbTypes Type for me to use. I would like to create a parameter that is of the Oracle type NVARCHAR, but it seems I can only use DbTypes, which does not have this. If I used DbTypes.String, would this be ok, otherwise, how else can I be more specific about the Oracle Parameter data type?Thanks  can u explain which type of data u r going to storeThank uBaba Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. What's your version of ODP? You have OracleD...

Oracle Table Has No Columns
Sometimes, from the database painter, when I select an Oracle table, i will see a "Table <table name> has no columns, possible invalid table format" message. Yet, when I select <table name> from Oracle's schema manager, or our pb app selects the table to retrieve data, there is no problem. What happening? Thank you, st We get that error when there are table ownership issues. The table has been created under one schema name, and the connection to PB is using another. The solution would be to use groups/roles (I forget what Oracle calls them), and...

Which .Net Provider for Oracle 9i Microsoft or Oracle
Can anyone provide me pros and cons of provider to access Oracle Database ? I am aware of Microsoft Provider and Oracle Provider. Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/manprooracperf.asp Oracle http://otn.oracle.com/software/tech/windows/odpnet/utilsoft.html I guess you can use either. But as some post suggests, if both installed, then MS ODP will not work. I've been using DataDirect Technologies Connect for .Net and Oracle. It's not free, so it depends on your budget. The speed improvements were great for us, and it's ni...

Oracle Error while trying to connect to oracle tables
------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C1EE17.39628160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have this program that will work for me as I have my environment = variables set properly in my .profile. Problem is, this needs to be run = by lots of people and I'm trying to avoid having all these people have = to change their .profiles to add the Oracle environment variables. Let's = just say, some of these people are at level -1 on an AIX box and I don't = have root access to make the changes myself. Here is the part of the program that keeps erroring and below that is = the error message I am getting. $ENV{'ORACLE_HOME'} =3D "/u/spool/oracle/product/8.1.7"; my $sid =3D $ENV{'ORACLE_SID'}; my($user,$passwd,$host) =3D split(/\/\@/, = $ENV{'ORACLE_USERID'}); $user =3D 'readonly'; $passwd =3D 'readonlytest'; my $dbh =3D DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:$sid", $user, $passwd); if (!defined($dbh)) { warn "Could not make the connection! $! \n"; exit 1; } ERROR MSG DBI->connect() failed: ORA-07217: sltln: environment variable cannot be = evaluated. (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin) at /u/home/cinman/bin/allhistory line 85 Could not make the connection! I have checked some of the unix/oracle boards, but the only answer I =...

Problem in replicating CLOB column from Oracle
Dear All, I am trying to replicate a table having a CLOB column from Oracle to Oracle. The problem ofcourse is that its not working!!. No errors but nothing happens. I have used the pdb_setrepcol command on the repagent and i can see that data is moving into the blob shadow table. The rs_writetext seems to be executed as well. But the blob column does not get replicated, all other columns seem to get replicated. I am using DCO v 12.5 for oracle and from earlier posts my understanding is that there is no need to override any function strings to make this happen. Please tell...

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

Replication from Oracle to Oracle
I'm about replicating between two Oracle 7.0 databases. What other Sybase tools do I need apart from Replication agent for Oracle? Thank you. Femi Olumofin Femi Olumofin wrote: > > I'm about replicating between two Oracle 7.0 databases. What other Sybase > tools do I need apart from Replication agent for Oracle? You'll also need the Replication Server product (duh, Mark?!?!). -- Mark Parsons Pegasys Ltd Hi Femi: Besides Rep Server, you need ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), DCO (Direct Connect for Oracle), and CIS (Component Integration ...

Restore
Hello, I'm trying to restore a 12.x database taken from one environment into another. I'm getting the following error (names changed to protect the innocent): 1> use master 2> go 1> load database foo from "/tmp/foo" 2> go Backup Server session id is: 67. Use this value when executing the 'sp_volchanged' system stored procedure after fulfilling any volume change request from the Backup Server. Backup Server: 6.28.1.1: Dumpfile name 'portal0303010542 ' section number 1 mounted on disk file '/tmp/foo Msg 3223, Level 20, Sta...

Oracle JDBC Driver Encrypted passwords in Oracle Table

oracle RAC and Oracle 11gR2 installation with oracle ASM
hi how to perform oracle RAC 11gR2 and Oracle Database 11gR2 installation with oracle ASM on open SUSE 11.1 x86_64?? what short of package to find for oracle ASM and OCFS?? regards -- csayantan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You need to download the rac and asmlib stuff from oracle. You then need to present san storage to each node. You will then need to stamp each asm lun with /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk NAME /dev/sandevice. -- icorson ------------------------------------------------------------------------...

ORACLE NEWBIE PROBLEMS: ORACLE DOES NOT RECOGNIZE AN EXISTING TABLE!
Hi, my first experience with Oracle: First, I connect to the database and get all table names: opened Oracle with MYDUMMY1 ...... table :PATIENTS ..... dbh=DBI::db=HASH(0x1756dc) then try to do a SELECT FROM that table and get: DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 14 in 'SELECT * FROM <*>PATIENTS') [for Statement "SELECT * FROM PATIENTS"] at alarmtst.pl line 20. DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist (DBD ERROR: error pos...

Replicating Oracle to Oracle
How do I use replication server to replicate between two oracle databases when some of the tables to be replicated has no primary key or unique index constraint? We'll apreciate your contributions. Femi Olumofin Covenant Visions Int'l +234-1-4976764 In Sybase, you can create clustered index on the unique key in the table and use the unique key as your primary key in the replication definition. It should work in oracle as well since that functionalilty is built in repserver and not Oracle. Bawoni Femi Olumofin wrote: > How do I use replication server to re...

DataSet.Tables.Rows vs DataSet.Tables.Columns?
I working with dynamic modification of the contents of a datagrid's cells. I have used the columns: Dim i As Integer For Each myTable in DS.Tables i = 1 For Each myColumn in myTable.Columns myBoundColumn = New BoundColumn() myBoundColumn.DataField = myColumn.ColumnName myBoundColumn.SortExpression = myColumn.ColumnName myBoundColumn.HeaderText = myColumn.ColumnName next next but recently saw an example of using the rows: For i as Integer = 0 to DS.Tables(0).Rows.Count - 1 Dim newAllFields as New AllFields newAllFields.N...

.Net cannot read Oracle Unicode tables
I have a DataSet .XSD that contains all my table adapters and queries from our Oracle database. This has been working fine until our Oracle DBA implemented a Unicode conversion on the database this past weekend. Now when my .Net apps call a query from my .XSD, the query works, but the text fields displays blanks instead of the data. I believe the problem to be with the driver I am using. My .XSD uses the '.Net Framework Data Provider for Oracle'. I also have a Visual Foxpro app that can query this same Oracle database just fine. I did not make any changes to this app. But my Visual...

Multi-table DataSet using Oracle
hi,somebody: I want to get Multi-table DataSet ,so use the join in SQL at Oracle,but it dosn't run and throw Exception:"ORA-00911: invalid character",how can i do? OleDbConnection is correct ************************************************ OleDbDataAdapter adapter=new OleDbDataAdapter( "SELECT lastname, firstname FROM employees;SELECT customerid, companyname FROM customers;",conn); data = new DataSet(); dapter.Fill(data); data.Tables[0].TableName = "Employees"; data.Tables[1].TableName = "Customers"; *******...

Choosing Oracle Client Version with Microsoft Managed Oracle Provider For .net
We need to change the Oracle Client that the System.Data.OracleClient uses to connect to our database on a server that has multiple versions of the Oracle Client. A different application on the server that we do not have control over is requiring the default ORACLE_HOME directory to remain an older Oracle 9i version of the client. Because of this, our applications using the Managed Oracle Provider for .net are using the 9i client to connect. We have a planned Oracle upgrade for our Database that will require us to use the new 10g version of the client that is also installed on the server, bu...

Lose tables when changing from Oracle 7.3 to Oracle 8 native drivers
We have an application that uses PowerBuilder 6.5 and Oracle 7.3.3. We want to move to Oracle 8, but I must test it first. The original (Oracle 7.3) profile looks like: // Profile Bravo_Prod SQLCA.DBMS = "O73 ORACLE 7.3" SQLCA.LogPass = "******" SQLCA.ServerName = "@ccsbills_prod" SQLCA.LogId = "bravo" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "Async=1" The new profile looks like: // Profile Bravo_Prod8 SQLCA.DBMS = "OR8 ORACLE 8.0" SQLCA.L...

help needed to create Dataset from Oracle table!!
I am trying to create a dataset from oracle table. Dim strcnx As String = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("connectionstring") Dim strSQL As String = "Select CATEGORYID, PORTALID, CATEGORYNAME from CATEGORY" Dim cnx As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection(strcnx) Dim sda As OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter(strSQL, cnx) Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet sda.Fill(ds, "CATEGORY") dgrCategory.DataSource = ds dgrCategory.DataBind() when i run the code, i get the following error.. An OLE DB Provi...

Returning Long Datatype from Oracle database in .Net

call oracle SP from .net with table of parameter
I need to call an oracle stored procedure defined as ---- TYPE t_tab_gegevens IS TABLE OF VARCHAR2(3000) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; -- -- Opvoeren synchronisatiebericht PROCEDURE SCE_LADEN_SYNCH( p_code_bericht IN VARCHAR2 , p_transactie_gegevens IN VARCHAR2 , p_datumtijd_IPA IN DATE , p_bericht_identificatie IN sce_berichten.bericht_identificatie%type , p_ind_test_bericht IN sce_berichten.ind_test_bericht%type , p_bericht_gegevens IN t_tab_gegevens, p_bericht_opgeslagen OUT VARCHAR2 , p_returncode OUT VARCHAR2 ) ; filling the normal param...