Can't connect to Oracle using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise

Hi,

My test environment is Windows 2003 Enterprise with Oracle 10g Client and IIS installed. I wrote a simple asp.net page to connect to an Oracle database and display a query result in a datagrid. But can't connect to oracle. It seems that .NET can't find an oracle client. I was wondering if I miss some steps to configure .NET framework or something.
Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Joey
-1
joeyhsiao

Do you have ASPNET user account is added to the Oracle software installed folders/subfolders?

If not please add and restart the box and see, that could solve your problem!
Sreedhar
http://www.w3coder.org
weblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti
-1
sreedhark
11/19/2004 8:23:17 PM
Thanks for your response. But could you describe in more details? An ASPNET account should be added in what Oracle software folders/subfolders???

Thank you very much.

Joey
1
joeyhsiao
11/23/2004 10:53:53 AM
I have the same problem.  I also posted to this site - title is ASP.NET vs. Windows app and no responses yet.  I also posted to Experts Exchange and Egghead Cafe and no one has responded to any of them.

My situation: I have a single data services class which I have as part of a windows app and an ASP.NET app and the windows app has no problem connecting to Oracle and issuing commands, but the web app cannot even connect. Temporarily, I added the ASPNET, IWAM, and IUSR users to the local Administrators group, rebooted, and STILL could not connect from the web app. I even turned on basic authentication in IIS and used Domain Admin credentials and STILL it failed to connect. Driving me absolutely insane.
0
edj371
11/30/2004 7:46:16 AM
I recreated the TNSNAMES.ORA file with the exact same data and it allowed my ASP.NET application to work!
0
edj371

Web resources about - Can't connect to Oracle using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise - asp.net.oracle

Enterprise Apps Today - CRM, business intelligence and ERP news and research
News and research on CRM, business intelligence, ERP, supply chain management and other enterprise applications.

The Enterprise, MA News - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise
Was Keith Luke insane when he went on a rampage in Brockton on Jan. 21, 2009, killing two people and wounding another? Catch up on what people ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

Forest City Enterprises - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Forest City Enterprises ( NYSE : FCEA , NYSE : FCEB ) is a $9-billion diversified real estate management and development company based in Cleveland ...

Nimble Plunges 31% as Q4 Rev View Misses by a Mile; CEO Cites Enterprise Disappointment
... net loss per share, and forecast this quarter’s results well below consensus, citing a lag in the effort to break into enterprise sales. Nimble's ...

HP Enterprise launches new Docker solutions for business
Docker has been widely adopted by enterprises looking for tools that allow for fast development, testing and management of applications. HP ...

Mind Enterprises ready debut LP 'Idealistic," share title track
by Bill Pearis Italian artist Mind Enterprises, who released the single "Chapita" recently, has revealed his debut album, titled Idealistic, ...

Containers get a fresh business boost from Hewlett Packard Enterprise
... world, so it's no wonder vendors large and small are jumping on board with tailored offerings. The latest example: Hewlett Packard Enterprise, ...

Apple is bullish on growing its enterprise business in India
Apple is targeting the corporate world in India in an effort to try and grow its business there, according to a new report. With a population ...

Hewlett Packard Enterprise Embraces Docker
VIDEO: Hewlett Packard Enterprise VP Omri Gazitt discusses DockerCon EU news and why containers are the path to platform-as-a-service (PaaS). ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 3:34:17 PM