My test environment is Windows 2003 Enterprise with Oracle 10g Client and IIS installed. I wrote a simple asp.net page to connect to an Oracle database and display a query result in a datagrid. But can't connect to oracle. It seems that .NET can't find an oracle client. I was wondering if I miss some steps to configure .NET framework or something.
Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Do you have ASPNET user account is added to the Oracle software installed folders/subfolders?
If not please add and restart the box and see, that could solve your problem!
Thanks for your response. But could you describe in more details? An ASPNET account should be added in what Oracle software folders/subfolders???
Thank you very much.
I have the same problem. I also posted to this site - title is ASP.NET vs. Windows app and no responses yet. I also posted to Experts Exchange and Egghead Cafe and no one has responded to any of them.
My situation: I have a single data services class which I have as part of a windows app and an ASP.NET app and the windows app has no problem connecting to Oracle and issuing commands, but the web app cannot even connect. Temporarily, I added the ASPNET, IWAM, and IUSR users to the local Administrators group, rebooted, and STILL could not connect from the web app. I even turned on basic authentication in IIS and used Domain Admin credentials and STILL it failed to connect. Driving me absolutely insane.
I recreated the TNSNAMES.ORA file with the exact same data and it allowed my ASP.NET application to work!