Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I am trying to query an Oracle database and keep getting the error:

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

 I have gone through my query and determined that if I remove two columns from the select statment that are both TimeStamp with TimeZone columns that the query executes just fine and returns the appropriate data.  Adding in one of the TimeStamp columns as part of the data retrieved throws an exception and the error above is given.  Does anyone know why this would happen with TimeStamp columns and all other columns would appear to be fine?

0
jlpabich

If you're using "normal" ADO and OracleConnection, the timestamp with timezone should be getting cast to OracleTimeStampTZ, not a .NET DateTime. Are you doing that?

Please Mark As Answer posts that helped you.

"If we learn from our mistakes, I should be brilliant by now."

MCTS - .NET Framework 2.0: Web Applications
0
nikki_doer_of_things

Printing problem - Vista
I have a strange issue with a Visual Studio .net 2008 distributable application.   The printing does not work on my Clients computers who have Vista OS.  All of my clients get the following error when they try to print any form from my application.   The PrintDialog displays and the Client clicks on Ok.  The PrintDialog logic generates the the programmed exception "An Error occurred printing the report".  The system generates the following error "Attempting to read or write protected memory.  This is often an indication th...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory has been corrupted
Hi For to train with ASP.NET V2 , I have to migrate an web application. It's picture galery. But sometimes I have got this errors : Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory has been corrupted. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that oth...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt
I'm caching a data table (the result of a stored procedure) with user authentication in it on Application start.  It works pretty well, but I keep getting this error with each application start.  We're using Oracle 11g, with the Oracle .NET client.  Has anyone else seen this error?   Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt Did you get a resolution to this error. Same thing happens with me using microsoft.odbc.dll to connection to IBM iseries. Doesn't happen to begin with then later it shows its...

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt
Hi, I have written the logic in a class which reads the data from a text file and update the database (over 2000 records). This process takes over one hour. When I execute this process with Web Page it works properly but I included the same class in Windows Application I am getting error "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt" in over 100 records. This error occured while updating the database. I am using the Typed DataSet. It read the text file properly and doing all processes on the data and gives error i...

Web resources about - Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. - asp.net.oracle

Indication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indication (medicine) . A valid reason to use a certain test, medication, procedure, or surgery. Text is available under the Creative Commons ...

Inmate standoff indication of ongoing tension at Youth Justice Centre, says union
A tense standoff sparked after six inmates climbed onto the roof of the Melbourne Youth Justice Centre was just the tip of the iceberg of ongoing ...

Indication regulations broken in club fire - The Courier-Mail Search Search
THERE are "indications" safety regulations were ignored at a Bucharest nightclub where a fire and stampede killed 27 people, Romanian President ...

South China Sea dispute: Strong indication Australia will join push back on China's island-building
Defence Minister Kevin Andrews has issued the Abbott government's strongest signal yet that Australia is prepared to join the US and other countries ...

Curiosity Rover finds new indications of water on Mars
New information from NASA's Curiosity Rover suggests that Mars might once have had large, long-lasting lakes above ground. That would challenge ...

Missing AirAsia Plane: John Baird Says No Indication Canadians On Flight
OTTAWA - The Foreign Affairs Department says there's no indication there are any Canadians on board a missing Air Asia flight.But a spokesperson ...

Further Indication That Apple Will Release Two New iPhones In September
Its becoming clear that there will be no new iPhone until September or October.

Wall Street disappointed by indications that Apple won't launch new products until fall
While Apple posted better-than-expected quarterly results and increased its quarterly dividend this week, market watchers are still concerned ...

Clearest indication yet that polar ice sheets are melting fast
Disko Bay near the Greenlandic town of Ilulissat Ian Joughlin A research paper has drawn on data from NASA and ESA satellites to produce the ...

U.S. House subcommittee chairman: China’s upgraded nuclear missiles 'another indication of aggression” ...
China has upgraded its long-range nuclear missiles by equipping them with multiple warheads, according to a U.S. congressman who presides over ...